• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've seen Theisman, Sid and Kevin Ware, I am not watching that PG video, nope. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

So are we saying this injury keeps NBA stars away from international competition? Then who plays instead, college kids? If they are good enough to play pro, they aren't going either. So why bother at this point?

I hate the Paul George injury, in a scrimmage of all things but those types of injuries are so rare.

Aim_Ed

For the most part I think they'll be letting the players decide as usual, seeing as this was a spacing issue. Hopefully(probably), you'll be seeing more of a push to enforce larger boundaries in all sorts of games. Pretty sure my high school gym had more space than that scrimmage.

Hell, if I know though, this is all we heard from Adam Silver.

If it was career-ending though, I'm sure they would be less hesitant to keep players from participating in these off-season events.

Man, all those "career ending" comments made me think the injury was knee related. That was horrible but he's going to recover just fine.

Get well soon PG.

Fjordson

I've seen Theisman, Sid and Kevin Ware, I am not watching that PG video, nope. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

So are we saying this injury keeps NBA stars away from international competition? Then who plays instead, college kids? If they are good enough to play pro, they aren't going either. So why bother at this point?

I hate the Paul George injury, in a scrimmage of all things but those types of injuries are so rare.
Yeah, don't think it will change much. Players have the final say (I think) and they seem to enjoy USA basketball.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I saw the injury, wish I hadn't. I still think the worst injury I've ever seen was Shaun Livingston's mainly because of how violent it was and it was a knee.

Siegcram

I saw the injury, wish I hadn't. I still think the worst injury I've ever seen was Shaun Livingston's mainly because of how violent it was and it was a knee.
I've seen (and heard) the Kermit Washington punch. That's even worse I think.
But Livingston and George were horrific as well.

Aim_Ed

Part of me wants to google the Livingston injury, but the other part of me knows it would be a huge mistake.

Furyous

I refuse to look at PG's injury.

The Bulls need to pull D. Rose ASAP. I need him healthy so Bron can hoe him during the season.

PULL KYRIE NOW DAN GILBERT. Kyrie might injure his ankle with his brittle ass. Put him in a hyperbolic time chamber until the season starts. Cryogenically freeze him until the season starts.

Two Words

For those that don't want to see the video, but are still curious how severe the break was.

MWEOEFt.jpg

Furyous

the nba stopped selling Wiggins Cavs jerseys. Is it happening?

It's happening and I'm on record as saying this is the single worst trade in NBA history. Mark my words that we will regret this trade. I don't understand how Dion, Bennett, two firsts, Carrick Felix, and a second plus anyone not named Bron, Kyrie, or Wiggins isn't a good deal.

I hope it's premature trade speculation on the league's part and not reality because this trade will kill our flexibility and KLove wants a max deal. We cannot contend for a title with three players making max money. Kevin Love is overrated at 20 mill a year. He's not Lebron James good got dammit.

I am turning into irrational Cavs fan not to be confused with other vagabond coke fueled fanbases attempting to troll Lebron Nation. I hope every team in the east does well and the Cavs make the playoffs. That's all I want. Shout out to the Miami Heat for giving Juwan Howard a front office gig. They take care of their players after their time is over. *Imagines DWade in the Alonzo Mourning role*

It's happening and I'm on record as saying this is the single worst trade in NBA history. Mark my words that we will regret this trade. I don't understand how Dion, Bennett, two firsts, Carrick Felix, and a second plus anyone not named Bron, Kyrie, or Wiggins isn't a good deal.

I hope it's premature trade speculation on the league's part and not reality because this trade will kill our flexibility and KLove wants a max deal. We cannot contend for a title with three players making max money. Kevin Love is overrated at 20 mill a year. He's not Lebron James good got dammit.

I am turning into irrational Cavs fan not to be confused with other vagabond coke fueled fanbases attempting to troll Lebron Nation. I hope every team in the east does well and the Cavs make the playoffs. That's all I want. Shout out to the Miami Heat for giving Juwan Howard a front office gig. They take care of their players after their time is over. *Imagines DWade in the Alonzo Mourning role*

Hyperbole much? How can this be the single worst trade in NBA history when Wiggins doesn't even have NBA history and the Cavs been basically bottom feeders since LeBron left? I say let it play out.

You are so delusional.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Lebron James won 2 titles with Wade + Bosh. Love is better than both those guys.

Wiggins could end up being a great player. Maybe Bennett salvages his career. It's worth it for the Wolves and its worth it for the Cavs.

Actual first round picks are pretty close to worthless for the Cavs as long as Lebron is there. You are never going to get a star with that kind of pick. Kevin Love is already tht guy.

Wiggins will very likely end up being a good player. How good is certainly up in the air. Whether he ends up falling closer to a talented two way role player or an all around franchise player is certainly up for debate, but what isn't up for debate is that whatever he ends up being it will likely take him 2-3 seasons to really find his game and hit his stride. LeBron James is about to be 30 years old. Do you really have 2-3 seasons to wait? Cavs need to be in GFIN mode. If they trade for Love and win a title in the next couple of seasons nobody will care what Wiggins ends up being. Nobody will care what the Cavs franchise will look like 10 years from now. None of that will matter.

abuC

Love is not better than prime Wade. And you are forgetting how good Bosh is.

He's still a better fit with LeBron than Bosh and Wade were, offensively Bosh was morphing into a lesser version of what Love already is. Before Bosh got to Miami he had an attacking game and got to the line a lot, they turned him into that soft jumpshooter and even though he hit some 3s last year he didn't knock them down like Love does.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Love is not better than prime Wade. And you are forgetting how good Bosh is.

Lebron never actually played with prime Wade at any point, Wade's prime was well before Lebron even came to Miami. He still had a few good years in him but its not the same guy. That 2005 finals he had might honestly be the greatest NBA finals performance from any player ever.

Bosh is great. Love is pretty much in the same phase of his career that Bosh was before he went to Miami. Centerpiece to a terrible roster year in and year out and carried them as far as they could go. In the East that was a playoff team, in the West its not good enough for even that.

Aim_Ed

Wade was still a high scoring 2-guard in Lebron's first year in Miami. I'm excited to see what Bosh will be like now that Bron is gone, afraid he's a shell of his former self in Toronto.

BadAss2961

Lebron never actually played with prime Wade at any point, Wade's prime was well before Lebron even came to Miami. He still had a few good years in him but its not the same guy. That 2005 finals he had might honestly be the greatest NBA finals performance from any player ever.
Wade was pretty much still Wade up until about the 2nd season with LeBron. Having LeBron around just made him worse, and made it easier for him succumb to his decline as a 2nd option with LeBron doing most of the heavy lifting.

Assuming this Love deal goes down, Cavs better get it done now. They're selling their future for a guy who can't be trusted when things go wrong.

BadAss2961

Wiggins was just live on SportsCenter a couple hours ago. Interview was awkward. He's in his Cavs jersey, but knows his days there are numbered. "I just want to play for a team that wants me."

LeBron hasn't even spoken to the kid. lol

Furyous

Lebron James won 2 titles with Wade + Bosh. Love is better than both those guys.

Wiggins could end up being a great player. Maybe Bennett salvages his career. It's worth it for the Wolves and its worth it for the Cavs.

Actual first round picks are pretty close to worthless for the Cavs as long as Lebron is there. You are never going to get a star with that kind of pick. Kevin Love is already tht guy.

Kevin Love is overrated and not worth the reported 20 mill per max contract he's seeking. I'm an OG Heat hater that takes issue with your statement. DWade is washed up and that's nothing new. He's legit finished as a starter in this league. Kevin Love is not better than Chris Bosh. Don't underrate Bosh in hindsight. If I had to trade for either Kevin Love or Chris Bosh then I'd take Chris Bosh. At least Chris Bosh tries hard on defense and is great teammate.

After looking at the Minnesota and Cleveland rosters if the trade does happen Minnesota is gonna be so athletic it is gonna be ridiculous. Also Minnesota has a lot of sf's getting Bennett in a love trade would be dumb unless they plan on moving Bennett to Power forward.

Jag

Wiggins was just live on SportsCenter a couple hours ago. Interview was awkward. He's in his Cavs jersey, but knows his days there are numbered. "I just want to play for a team that wants me."

LeBron hasn't even spoken to the kid. lol

He ain't his Mo Williams Panthro.

Look, growing up I was obsessed with the Thundercats. Bron found out and he had this artist make me a painting where it was me playing basketball, but I looked like Panthro. He would call me Panthro all the time, and I called him Lion-O. We used to joke about how Dwight (Howard, then their nemesis with the Orlando Magic) was Mumm-Ra." I ask Williams where that painting is now, and he crumbles his napkin and tosses it over his shoulder, then shrugs. "I couldn't get Bron to pick up my calls for a week after 'The Decision,' so finally I just sent him a text, I just said, Lion-O would never leave Panthro out in the cold. Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat. But that's how he is… That's who he is. He makes you feel like a million bucks and then steps over you like a bad penny on his way out the door."

After looking at the Minnesota and Cleveland rosters if the trade does happen Minnesota is gonna be so athletic it is gonna be ridiculous. Also Minnesota has a lot of sf's getting Bennett in a love trade would be dumb unless they plan on moving Bennett to Power forward.

Lavine, Rubio and Wiggins has got the potential to drive opposing backcourts crazy defensively.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Love is overrated and not worth the reported 20 mill per max contract he's seeking.
If Kevin Love isn't worth a max deal, then who outside of LeBron, Durant, or CP3 is worth one?

He's certainly not overrated if you're losing your mind at giving up a lottery ticket in Wiggins for him. Lots of idiots underrate him because he plays on a bad team with shitty ownership in an empty arena with a miniscule amount of talent around him in the significantly harder division. You'll be rubbing your dick raw watching him throw outlet passes to LeBron all year.

That White Mamba article was jokes. Lol. And Shawn Marion is a solid pickup for the Cavs if they get him. This can help give Lebron some rest on defense instead of guarding the best player for most of the game and getting burned out on both ends like he was this year.

Top Bottom