• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

fuck that looks bad. Wish him a speedy and healthy recovery. But I honestly believe this will haunt Derrick Rose as well. This might impact his confidence

Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif

Haven't cringed that hard since Silva's break. Hope he recovers.

Fjordson

Not to be crass or disrespectful to PG, but I wonder who they bring in now. Maybe Derozan or just another big man and keep Durant exclusively at the 3.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sucks for PG. :(

I'm pretty sure we'll see a number of owners/coaches who refuse to let their players play for the national team.

Fjordson

I do think there will be a debate in the next few weeks about NBA players playing in this and I'm sure most GMs are understandably hesitant about letting them play internationally, but the players are pretty into it themselves right? I don't think this will change much as far as the NBA player policy for Olympics/FIBA if they truly like doing it. Can't blame anyone who backs out in the future, though.

Fjordson

Well, now I can't go to sleep but I can't get basketball out of my mind. Besides George, have your opinions on who get spots changed?
If it's another wing I would take Derozan.

PG: Rose, Curry, Lillard
SG: Harden, Klay
SF: Durant, DeRozan, Korver
PF: Davis, Faried
C: Cousins, Plumlee

I'm sure I'll be off on a few. Have a feeling Coach K will take Irving over Korver or maybe Lillard.

Man, this is why basketball players shouldn't be playing that much during the off-season. It's not like the Fifa World Cup where it's the biggest event in the sport.

The biggest event in basketball is the NBA finals.

Vestal

Which is ignorant cause something like that could of happened during a regular season game as well

Seriously, players need to strengthen their calf better and put some more meat around those bones. Bones are simply not supposed to break like that. Maybe its a lack of calcium, I don't know but there is something that needs to be done.

Second injury we have seen like this in a very short time span involving US Basketball.

Aim_Ed

If it's another wing I would take Derozan.

PG: Rose, Curry, Lillard
SG: Harden, Klay
SF: Durant, DeRozan, Korver
PF: Davis, Faried
C: Cousins, Plumlee

I'm sure I'll be off on a few. Have a feeling Coach K will take Irving over Korver or maybe Lillard.

Basically my list too, I didn't think Klay would make it but he has been balling hard during the summer. I feel like Beal made a better case over Irving though.

Seriously, players need to strengthen their calf better and put some more meat around those bones. Bones are simply not supposed to break like that. Maybe its a lack of calcium, I don't know but there is something that needs to be done.

Second injury we have seen like this in a very short time span involving US Basketball.

There's absolutely no relevance to what happened here in your post.

Vestal

There's absolutely no relevance to what happened here in your post.

Excuse me what?

Look at the injury it was basically the same as the College injury from a while back. Looking at their legs, sorry but they are skinny as hell. Mostly bone and hardly any support structure around it.

side note: I hate the pacers as hell, but absolutely devastated this happened to PG. I may not like him because he is a Pacer, but the guy can ball and doesn't deserve this kind of set back in his life. Hopefully it doesn't ruin his career.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Pacers were not gonna be as good as last year anyway. Now they are a lottery team. They lost their best two player in the span of two months. They should have paid Lance Stephenson.

They tried. I think Lance wanted to just leave.

But the pacers are screwed for the foreseeable future..... as a knicks fan I'm elated but on a human level I hope PG recovers to the level he was pre injury.

Excuse me what?

Look at the injury it was basically the same as the College injury from a while back. Looking at their legs, sorry but they are skinny as hell. Mostly bone and hardly any support structure around it.

side note: I hate the pacers as hell, but absolutely devastated this happened to PG. I may not like him because he is a Pacer, but the guy can ball and doesn't deserve this kind of set back in his life. Hopefully it doesn't ruin his career.

There ain't a damn thing you can do to "strengthen your calf" to prevent your foot getting caught on the basket support and 200+ pounds coming down at full speed on that leg. The bone is going to give.

Two Words

I know that what happened to Paul George is extremely uncommon, and it isn't necessarily under the NBA's watch in this case, but the NBA seriously needs to do something about the layout of the basketball court. It is ridiculous how they expect these athletes to be jumping in the air at full speed with barely any room to land. There is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a completed vacated area well beyond the backboard and out of bounds area. That includes the 5 ft wide pole holding up the basketball court. Design a rim that has the pole far back to allow for proper landing. This didn't happen during an NBA game, but it's only an eventuality for something similar to happen causing a player, fan or photographer to get severely injured.

Excuse me what?

The issue is that they are expected to jump in the air at full speed and given barely any room to land.

I saw both Thiesman's injury and the infamous Slamball injury. I don't watch injury videos, I hope PG recovers.

I only saw the picture but it instantly reminded me of Theismann's injury. As some of you said I wouldn't be surprised if owners are doing whatever they can to get their players out of this now.

Top Bottom