• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h

USA Basketball cut Washington's John Wall, Bradley Beal and Atlanta's Paul Millsap today, sources told Yahoo Sports.

c'mon Kyrie next, please.

7rLZAkn.jpg

Bass, just reminded me i need to get my 23yo ass into some swimming classes.

Bowser

Wiggins/Love Handshake Deal in Place per Brian Windhorst

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a deal that will send Kevin Love to Cleveland and land 2014 first-overall pick Andrew Wiggins in Minnesota, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.

Windhorst said on air Monday that a "handshake" deal is in place between the teams, but that the two cannot come out and say it publicly yet, as Wiggins can't be traded until August 23rd.

In the meantime, another team could potentially blow Minnesota away with an offer for Love, but in the absence of other enticing offers, Love will be joining LeBron James in Cleveland once Wiggins can be moved.

The Sixers’ Thaddeus Young is also a piece to the puzzle, according to Windhorst, who sees the multi-faceted forward winding up in Minnesota, either as part of a separate deal or as part of the larger Love deal.

Surprised the Cavs wouldn't want Kmart. He'd fit in nicely with that team as a set shooter and I think they'd be a lot better off with Waiters off the bench.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, LBJ got so lucky. He just wanted to return home and it looks like the Cavs are going to build a stud team around him. Win-win for him.

agrajag

Banned
It's happening. This is good for basketball. Now I'm curious not to only watch Cleveland games, but I'll be watching Minny games to see how Wiggins develops.

zychi

Banned
What happens when they don't win in the next two years? Which player does Bron throw under the bus first? Kyrie or Love?

Everyone seems to forget that Lebron was the GM for the Cavs the first time too. I'm going to laugh hard when Bron and KD create a new super team after these two seasons.

What happens when they don't win in the next two years? Which player does Bron throw under the bus first? Kyrie or Love?

Everyone seems to forget that Lebron was the GM for the Cavs the first time too. I'm going to laugh hard when Bron and KD create a new super team after these two seasons.

He'll have the coach fired and one of his posse will replace him.

Pastry

Banned
Spurs Name WNBA player Becky Hammon Assistant Coach

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-name-becky-hammon-assistant-coach

Don't know much about her, and I know she isn't the first female assistant coach in the NBA, but cool to see the Spurs giving her a shot and helping break a few barriers!

I posted about it in Off-Topic since it's kind of a big deal. Seems like she was working with the team for some of last season also. Is every article wrong in saying she's the first female assistant?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868622

Da fuck???
You dont know how to swim?
How????

That's what i'm asking myself too. Kind of ridiculous since I was born/lived in a place wihere you will never ran out of places to swim and I still managed never to learn how lol. I can float and do ugly backstroke though so that's at least something hehe.

I feel bad for Wiggins. Kind of making me root for him to win roty.

zargle

Owzers

While i'm happy Lebron is going back to the cavs i don't like him needing to rebuild the Heat there for him to be comfortable. I'll be rooting for the Bulls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Chris Sheridan just floated an interesting idea on his podcast. Glen Taylor's deadline might be a smokescreen to get other teams to up their offers. In other words, this is far from certain at this point. I hope this is true and we somehow find a way to keep Wiggins.

I'm pretty sure ever GM knows that any piece of news is possibly a smokescreen. I can't see a scenario where Love/Wiggins doesn't go down, and I haven't heard of any proposed deal that would top this.

Dealing Wiggins will hurt less if the Cavs sign Marion. He's still got some good basketball in him, and along with LeBron can push defense on the youngsters (Love included)

Going to be an exciting year. :)

Chris Sheridan just floated an interesting idea on his podcast. Glen Taylor's deadline might be a smokescreen to get other teams to up their offers. In other words, this is far from certain at this point. I hope this is true and we somehow find a way to keep Wiggins.

At this point, any team that was serious about grabbing Love would've already sent over their best offer.

Koko

Banned
Stop the Cavaliers parade the Knicks are on the move:

New York Knicker President Phil Jackson announced today that the team has acquired forwards Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for guard Wayne Ellington and forward Jeremy Tyler. In addition, the Knicks have reduced the protection on the 2016 second-round draft selection acquired by Sacramento, via Portland.

watershed

Banned
Stop the Cavaliers parade the Knicks are on the move:

Until the Knicks figure out how to move Amare, which probably isn't going to happen, all they can do is make these kinds of minor trades to slowly put together a contender. I'd be surprised if they won more than 44 games this season.

The Warriors will be good with or without Love they just have to stay healthy and hope Steve Kerr does not suck as a coach.

People seem to forget really easily that the Warriors had a team that was as good as Houston and the Clippers last season. They had what...6 more losses?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
News is breaking that Greg Oden was arrested for battery last night.

phanphare

Banned
Until the Knicks figure out how to move Amare, which probably isn't going to happen, all they can do is make these kinds of minor trades to slowly put together a contender. I'd be surprised if they won more than 44 games this season.

winning 44 games could get them to the playoffs

9aae14f03cf5232c080217288c1b05c6.png

Will opt out to sign 5 year 120 million dollar contract

Potential lineup

Kyrie Irving / Chauncey Billups / Matthew Dellavedova
Dion Waiters / Mike Miller / Joe Harris
LeBron James / Shawn Marion / James Jones
Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
Anderson Varajeo /Brendan Haywood

Top Bottom