• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

agrajag

Banned
Kevin Love has been killing it so far with the Cavs.

Yeah, I know it's only the preseason, but holy hell this guy is going to create massive damage when LeBron and Kyrie are fully healthy and he has even more wide open space and looks.

Yeah, people kept saying his numbers are gonna suffer like Bosh's when he started playing with LeBron, but I don't see it. He simply us a much bigger offensive threat than Bosh.

Jonm1010

Banned
A team that has cole, Wade, Granger, Deng and Bosh as their starting 5 with a really good looking bench on Ennis, Chalmers, birdman, Napier and mcroberts is not a top 5?

The sad thing is they could sneak into the 5 spot in the East.....Such bullshit. I need to get a petition going to send the Pelicans to the East, we could be the 3 seed there instead of praying we might slip into the 8 seed by some miracle.

jptrey06

I don't see it this season

I think it's possible if Danny Granger and Deng get their swagger back and if Spo ball is still effective without Lebron. If not then yeah, I don't see them getting past the first round. I still don't see the Hornets finishing better than the heat though. (But i can see BornReady going HAM this year.)

its-time-to-stop-posting-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg

phanphare

Banned
I think it's possible if Danny Granger and Deng get their swagger back and if Spo ball is still effective without Lebron. If not then yeah, I don't see them getting past the first round. I still don't see the Hornets finishing better than the heat though. (But i can see BornReady going HAM this year.)

yeah I'm kind of banking on Lance doing whatever it takes to fit in. the way his contract is set up he pretty much has to if he wants to increase his value. also he fits in our system really well already. we're a defensive minded team that gets going on offense when the ball moves around a lot. I feel like we're going to be a much tougher team than most think.

fertygo

yeah I'm kind of banking on Lance doing whatever it takes to fit in. the way his contract is set up he pretty much has to if he wants to increase his value. also he fits in our system really well already. we're a defensive minded team that gets going on offense when the ball moves around a lot. I feel like we're going to be a much tougher team than most think.

You still don't have shooter though.

Apath

My top 5 for the East are.

1. Bulls
2. Cavs
3. Wizards
4. Heat
5. Toronto

6-8 is going to be a toss up but I feel like the Hawks, Hornets and Pacers all have a chance to land in those spots with the Hornets having the most potential to move up and the Pacers with the most chance to move down.

My next in would probably be the Nets since they are getting back Brook Lopez but a lot is tbd with Hollins at the helm.

I have a feeling this might be the first year in a while every east playoff team is actually above .500 which is kind of exciting for once.
I love the Bulls, but I cannot put them over a team with Lebron and his two superstar sidekicks.

B.O.O.M

Apath

Well it would depend on how well they play as a team tho. Cavs sound great on paper with all the stars in it but I need to see them play together for a while before really assessing their strength.
The Bulls also have a lot of unknowns as well.

phanphare

Banned
You still don't have shooter though.

yeah this is true. we've got a handful of decent shooters just nobody over 40%. I still think our offense will work well together this year. Lance adds another isolation threat which is something we needed pretty badly. takes some responsibility off of Kemba's shoulders. Kemba's shooting percentage should actually go up this year because of that. as long as we move the ball around good things will happen.

Elrond Hubbard

Neo Member
I still can't believe how long and how many assets the Lakers gave for him. It's incredible really.

The Dwight trade didn't end up being that bad since Bynum completely died soon thereafter, but the Nash signing was really the franchise killer, IMO. With that cap space and the draft picks, the Lakers could either still be relevant or be back on their way to relevancy quite quickly.

C4Lukins

Mavs look good. Of course Love is not out there, but both teams are not really putting their best lineups out there anyway for more then a couple of minutes. But I am really impressed with our new guys.

I am going to embarrass myself now. Barring major injuries to top players, Mavs in 5 over Cleveland for the championship.

Mavs look good. Of course Love is not out there, but both teams are not really putting their best lineups out there anyway for more then a couple of minutes. But I am really impressed with our new guys.

Yeah this is gonna be a fun team to watch, Parsons has really impressed me so far. As much as I love Marion I'm not missing him that much. Despite his defense his limited offense makes him a liability.

Warriors couldn't even finish the Clippers off in the playoffs when they were all sad and shit about having a racist owner -_-

How did they not win that series.

You mean how did they not defend the low post without their first, second OR third string center to body up DeAndre and close the paint.

Oh, I don't know.

How about a full strength Clippers team not being able to beat a team without a center that also ran no offensive sets until game 7, and then only barely.

Hmmm....

The Warriors are definitively better than they were when they faced the Clippers. Are the Clippers noticeably improved?

sethbot

marchman: I think Arnett Moultrie is an NPC in the Elder Scrolls

Burneko: "great news, guys! we signed Colby Bryant!"

my favorite

marchman:

Elder Scrolls

Amaund Motierre

Amaund Motierre is a Breton member of the Elder Council. Amaund appears calm and confident when the Dragonborn first approaches him in the Dark Brotherhood quest The Silence Has Been Broken. As the questline progresses he becomes more and more stressed.

It's even better when he finds a comparable name. lol

You mean how did they not defend the low post without their first, second OR third string center to body up DeAndre and close the paint.

Oh, I don't know.

How about a full strength Clippers team not being able to beat a team without a center that also ran no offensive sets until game 7, and then only barely.

Hmmm....

The Warriors are definitively better than they were when they faced the Clippers. Are the Clippers noticeably improved?

Please, Andrew Bogurt and Jermain O'neal are not the answer for Jordan. Does it help David Lee out? Yes, but that's only a small problem considering Curry's shit defense on his State Farm buddy and Klay Thompson's poor performance.

You can't blame shit on Jarret Jack anymore.

Fjordson

Please, Andrew Bogurt and Jermain O'neal are not the answer for Jordan. Does it help David Lee out? Yes, but that's only a small problem considering Curry's shit defense on his State Farm buddy and Klay Thompson's poor performance.

You can't blame shit on Jarret Jack anymore.
Bogut is pretty important actually. Not just on defense, but on offense also. There was a huge difference in our offensive and defensive ratings between the healthy starting lineup (Bogut, Lee, Curry, Klay, Iggy) and our non-healthy lineups.

I mean the Clips won the series by 5 points. With homecourt advantage. Can't imagine we don't advance without injuries
of course Bogut is always injured =[

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Just read that ESPN article about Blake being mad about hard fouls... and then I watched the play where he got fouled be Trevor Booker?

That's what he's mad about.. what's the dude supposed to do.. let him jump? You took off on one foot and at the angle and you are asking to be fouled... Booker went for the ball..

There isn't a bigger cry baby in the league than Blake Griffin... oh and btw.. you just announced to everyone that they can get in your head and make you lose your cool.

Good luck with that.

Top Bottom