• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

BobLoblaw

Banned
The Grizzlies' last 4 games have been the shit of legends as far as clutch shots go. Can't believe they keep pulling this stuff off.

15 fts in the first half. Fuck this guy and the refs who enable him

What's wrong with that? From what I see he's just really good at drawing contact and playing smart. Maybe that's just my rose tinted homer goggles. Also that number was kind of inflated by a 3 point foul + a couple of technicals. I guess his game is just boring to watch because of all the free throws?

Good game. Huge, clutch shots by harden with some amazing defensive plays. Four ice cold free throws by Beverly. Hopefully we still have enough gas in the tank for the pelicans tomorrow.

Jonm1010

Banned
Goddamn, you keep hating. Top 3 player in the league atm.

Not that hard to do when you single handily practically get gifted more FT attempts then the other team combined.

God I can't wait til his game falls apart in the playoffs again when refs don't give him his flops every other play.

He embodies everthing I hate about the modern NBA.

overcast

Lmao. He plays smart, has upped his defensive game, and has good assist numbers. Like there isn't a league wide conspiracy to gift harden FT's. He drives to the basket, and draws contact.

I'll be the fist to tell you he choked itll the playoffs last year, but he's playing out of his mind this year.

Edit: Average player has led a completely mediocre (with the injuries) team to the 3rd best record in the league. Cause Howard and Beverly didn't do it.

Branduil

48% eFG is playing out of your mind? LOL. No one would care about anything but his ugly beard if he wasn't gifted a million free throws in every game.

watershed

Banned
Harden is good but he does get way too many calls. There are a lot of players who know how to drive and create contact but Harden just knows how to get calls,

overcast

Plenty of great players have shot in the 40% range. Kobe comes to mind.

Rockets led by an average player have built up one of the best records in the league with victories against the Spurs, Mavs and Grizz. Okay man. Thank god for... Our bench?

Lmao. He plays smart, has upped his defensive game, and has good assist numbers. Like there isn't a league wide conspiracy to gift harden FT's. He drives to the basket, and draws contact.

I'll be the fist to tell you he choked itll the playoffs last year, but he's playing out of his mind this year.

Edit: Average player has led a completely mediocre (with the injuries) team to the 3rd best record in the league. Cause Howard and Beverly didn't do it.

Just don't try to argue with them. They've already made up their minds that, despite how he vastly improved his defense, leads the league in scoring, and almost single handedly carried a hobbled and injured team to the third best record in the league and is up for MVP as much as anyone in the league, that he's just an average player who gets a bunch of bullshit calls. Its just going to turn into a stat war.

Harden has been amazing this year. He only draws fouls because players reach in and hack him. If defenders just laid off, then he would score all his buckets from the field instead of the charity strike!

Jonm1010

Banned
Harden is good but he does get way too many calls. There are a lot of players who know how to drive and create contact but Harden just knows how to get calls,

Yep.

Tyreke Evans has shot 212 shots at the rim. 378 FGA.

James Harden has taken 122 shots at the rim. 427 FGA.

Tyreke Evans has taken 90 FTA.

James Harden has taken 220 FTA.

You are telling me that Harden has had more legitimate contact on his shot attempts then Evans? Maybe, sure, but over 2X as much contact?? Bullshit.

Harden has made his career by flopping and charging into people and using his acting and positioning skills to manipulate calls.

Top Bottom