• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah Warriors got exposed as pretenders tonight. Oh man, Kobe is gonna get shit on lol.

He needs to sit out the Bulls game too cos we're gonna lose that and it'll be because he came back lol

Purexed

Banned
I would be upset if I bought tickets to this game. When did the Lakers start cheating fans by "resting" stars?

This post is kinda hilarious after seeing how the Lakers played tonight. Hopefully Kobe takes note of what team basketball looks like, and I love that ball hog.

I guess maybe Charlotte could trade Stephenson for Kobe. #8 could finish his career with the team that drafted him.

Or maybe the Hornets could go with that "pack of gum" idea I had earlier.

Two Words

Man, I am hating this Rondo trade more and more every day. The guy simply is an incomplete player and Dallas is still getting lit up by every PG.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know numbers a few weeks ago suggested that the Lakers were more productive with Kobe on the bench, that still hold up?

watershed

Banned
Lakers beating Warriors is hilarious. The Lakers might be a better team without Kobe but I'm gonna need a larger sample size before I make that judgement. The Warriors are still gonna be a top contender in the west. Tonight was crazy on both sides but won't last for either.

RBH

Random request, but does anyone have that gif of Stan Van Gundy where he's looking up at the scoreboard and then he looks back at the court in disgust?

Been looking for it for ages.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We're dead and Cleveland is going to desecrate our corpse in front of a national audience on Christmas. We just lost to the fucking 76ers at home AND WE ONLY SCORED 9 POINTS IN THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER. A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM ONLY SCORED 9 POINTS AGAINST THE 76ERS IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

I am pounding the panic button and going into full crisis mode. Fire Spo. Waive McBob and use the stretch provision. Trade Norris Cole. Sign Josh Smith. Trade for Lance Stephenson.

PBY

Banned
We're dead and Cleveland is going to desecrate our corpse in front of a national audience on Christmas. We just lost to the fucking 76ers at home AND WE ONLY SCORED 9 POINTS IN THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER. A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM ONLY SCORED 9 POINTS AGAINST THE 76ERS IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

I am pounding the panic button and going into full crisis mode. Fire Spo. Waive McBob and use the stretch provision. Trade Norris Cole. Sign Josh Smith. Trade for Lance Stephenson.

Yall are nuts lmao.

These next two seasons were always going to be lost years.

I know numbers a few weeks ago suggested that the Lakers were more productive with Kobe on the bench, that still hold up?

According to Zach Lowe, the Lakers are being out scored by 13.3 pts/100 possessions with Kobe on the floor while they are outscoring opponents by 11 pts/100 with him off it, which is historically bad for any player, much less one who has the ball in his hands 30% of the time.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yall are nuts lmao.

These next two seasons were always going to be lost years.
My idea of a lost season is going 42-40 and losing in this first round. We're 5-10 at home. Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game, another game!

Yeah Heat losing to shit teams is surprising and it seems as if you guys are wasting these games Wade is giving you. Dude has been ballin hopefully he can stay healthy which seems never the case.

Kobe theory is going to have to replace Ewing theory the way this season is shaking out. Remember that article at the beginning of the year saying that he was only Dion Waiters good? The Lakers wish they had Dion Waiters right now.

Random request, but does anyone have that gif of Stan Van Gundy where he's looking up at the scoreboard and then he looks back at the court in disgust?

Been looking for it for ages.

You know, I've been looking for this too.

Cloudy

Banned
According to Zach Lowe, the Lakers are being out scored by 13.3 pts/100 possessions with Kobe on the floor while they are outscoring opponents by 11 pts/100 with him off it, which is historically bad for any player, much less one who has the ball in his hands 30% of the time.

He plays 70+% of the minutes on a team that loses by ~7pts a game. What do people really expect his +/- to be?

It's just funny seeing people taking agenda-driven stats at face value.

Here's what Lowe and the other Kobe-haters won't tell you. NO ONE playing heavy minutes on that team has good on/off court stats!

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415LAL.HTM

Top Bottom