• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

overcast

Any other rockets fans concerned with the level of play from everyone but Harden? Slacking.

Harden is carrying them too much this year.

maladroid

Hello NBA gaf, what's a good basketball podcast? Does such a thing even exist? I'll take something that does college and pros both, but I would really prefer primarily NBA related discussion.
The Basketball Jones, now turned into the The Starters have a weekly podcast. I fell off them when it was just audio versions of their TV show, but have gotten back on board with their weekly.

Simmons, Lowe and Jalen are worth a listen, as mentioned, though inconsistent with their schedule.

Cloudy

Banned
No matter what anyone says, no one can convince me Spo isn't a shitty coach. Good ego manager but that's it. I remember in 2009 being scared he might cost us the playoffs and I'm scared now we might miss the playoffs this season. He has no idea who our starting 5 should be. He's terrible with his rotations, halftime adjustments, and in-game management.

He will probably make the HOF cos he has 2 rings and 4 Finals appearances lol

Did I hear complaints about Josh Smith's % in that video? Get use to it, Houston.

I get it with the bowl games and all but, man, boring day in games.

No defensive highlights lol

Well, he got 7 rebounds and 2 steals this game. He's improved on his defense dramatically this season and is no longer terrible, now he's an above average defender. I guess people don't want any positive news about him around here though.

zychi

Banned
Well, he got 7 rebounds and 2 steals this game. He's improved on his defense dramatically this season and is no longer terrible, now he's an above average defender. I guess people don't want any positive news about him around here though.

I'm a big Harden fan, and Steve Nash proved you don't need to play defense to win an MVP. But it's Anthony Davis' to lose at this point.

fertygo

Is OKC the first team that trade player with MVP accolade if Harden win it?

I'm a big Harden fan, and Steve Nash proved you don't need to play defense to win an MVP. But it's Anthony Davis' to lose at this point.

Davis not gonna win it with that record, not his fault though.

zychi

Banned
Is OKC the first team that trade player with MVP accolade if Harden win it?

Davis not gonna win it with that record, not his fault though.

Stats don't lie, and the media knows he's playing out of his mind. Not his fault the West triumphs the East and he can't make the playoffs at .500. There's still hope they make it tho.

fertygo

Stats don't lie, and the media knows he's playing out of his mind. Not his fault the West triumphs the East and he can't make the playoffs at .500. There's still hope they make it tho.
Kobe didn't win it when he average 35ppg
And this Pelican team most likely had worse record than that.
Lots of times. Kareem, Lebron, Kobe, KG, etc.

Oh yeah forgot about KG, still what a shitty trade that was by Presti lol

zychi

Banned
Kobe didn't win it when he average 35ppg
And this Pelican team most likely had worse record than that.

Oh yeah forgot about KG, still what a shitty trade that was by Presti lol

Yeah, Kobe got robbed that year but you forget that The Suns weren't the best team in the league that year, and Kobe still had the Colorado and Shaq stuff hanging on him

fertygo

Yeah, Kobe got robbed that year but you forget that The Suns weren't the best team in the league that year, and Kobe still had the Colorado and Shaq stuff hanging on him

I still think something like 41-41 is gonna massive case against Davis, No one will win MVP no matter how spectatular the stat with that record. if its record Curry had possibility to had his team get similar record to that Suns team that you mentioning. For stats hard-on Harden likely have similar number to one of Lebron's MVP year, and Rockets gonna had far better record than Pelicans.

I really don't see how Davis win it, if just he had better teammate than Tyreke Evans, sure. lol

Two Words

Rondo back in Boston not too long after the trade. Considering that he got traded and I don't recall him ever demanding a trade, he better get a huge standing ovation.

Lebron won 60 games with a bunch of scrubs back in the day. Haven't been keeping up since it's still football season, but what happened?

wmlk

Yeah, LeBron is showing signs of mortality.

I'm hoping he can pick it up during the Playoffs. They'll be fine seeding-wise in the East.

maladroid

He also got a block last game. He now has more blocks in just 31 games this season than he managed to get the entirety of last season.

The Grizz without Gasol was a non-playoff team. The Grizz with Gasol is a title contender. The Pelis without Davis is a non-playoff team. The Pelis with Davis is a non-playoff team. The thought that someone on the team with only the 15th best record in the league is utterly ludicrous. I mean, how valuable are your stats when they don't lead to wins?

negitoro7

LOL @ the ref not calling the charge on the Kings player, then calling Young on "tripping" while his ass is on the ground cause of the charge.

Branduil

He also got a block last game. He now has more blocks in just 31 games this season than he managed to get the entirety of last season.

The Grizz without Gasol was a non-playoff team. The Grizz with Gasol is a title contender. The Pelis without Davis is a non-playoff team. The Pelis with Davis is a non-playoff team. The thought that someone on the team with only the 15th best record in the league is utterly ludicrous. I mean, how valuable are your stats when they don't lead to wins?

Anthony Davis is playing with two of the worst ball-hogs in the league and a completely clueless coach. It's certainly not his fault that the Pelicans will miss the playoffs.

Fjordson

Davis probably should win the MVP, but he won't. Record means a lot to the voters and the west is stacked, will most likely push New Orleans out of the playoffs.

overcast

Harden has comparable stats to Davis, but Davis is in the running.

He'll get his no matter what in the next two years. I think Curry is definitely still in the running. There is also plenty of time for other teams and players to improve.

Fjordson

I think Harden could definitely win it. Curry's actual value is second to none, but production is spread around a bit more on Golden State. And that stretch of games without Howard and before Smith was impressive for Harden.

Soonri

Couple of good games tomorrow... Wiz @ OKC and Raps @ Dubs.

Also MVP voting for me comes down to either Steph or Marc Gasol, with Harden behind both - assuming Grizz and Dubs can stay close to their current paces. I'd also like to see guys like Jimmy Butler, John Wall and Kyle Lowry get some votes too.

Starting to think Cavs lose in first round.
Their ceiling is a second round team to me. Just not enough defense. But they could definitely lose in the first if they fall to 6th or below seed. This next stretch without Bron is going to be huge.
also Dion Waiters is gonna eat all of LeBron's attempts

maladroid

Anthony Davis is playing with two of the worst ball-hogs in the league and a completely clueless coach. It's certainly not his fault that the Pelicans will miss the playoffs.
I certainly don't blame him for them missing out. He's not a pulling a Kobe to get his. The way that roster is constructed is terrible and the fault of their front office. Having said that, when I watch them play (which is admittedly not a lot), he doesn't look like the go to guy. It's all the more astounding he still gets his numbers, but that doesn't change my opinion that the MVP award shouldn't go to somebody whose team is dead last in their division.

Also MVP voting for me comes down to either Steph or Marc Gasol, with Harden behind both - assuming Grizz and Dubs can stay close to their current paces. I'd also like to see guys like Jimmy Butler, John Wall and Kyle Lowry get some votes too.
I agree Curry and Gasol are the favourites. Chuck in Lillard and you have all the guys I'd have in the conversation. With the Hawks, it's a bit harder to pin down a guy since they're essentially the Spurs East. I don't know how the people who actually get to vote go about it, but for me, it isn't a 'most stats' award, or even a best player award. It's about who contributed the most to their team's success?

I think Harden could definitely win it. Curry's actual value is second to none, but production is spread around a bit more on Golden State. And that stretch of games without Howard and before Smith was impressive for Harden.
I think the case can be made for Harden, but his game is polarising, so I'll doubt he'll get it. Without Howard (and two other starters), he led a starting group consisting of Tarik Black, Donatas Motiejunas, Trevor Ariza and Isaiah Canaan, to not just stay afloat in the West, but play winning basketball. I mean, outside of Ariza, have any non-Rockets fans heard of any of these guys?

It's kinda funny you mention Curry's real value. I can see where you're coming from. On a team as stacked as the Dubs, he plays less minutes and takes less of the burden on both ends, which disadvantages his stats compared to guys like Harden and Butler. On the flip side of that, since Morey did his trades to bolster Harden's supporting cast, he's played less minutes, shot better and committed less turnovers. Small sample size for now, but curious to see how his efficiency changes with the additional help.

Top Bottom