• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Oh "Tired" is what you call that huh? Was Pat "Tired" on Friday?

Man every shot raps took looked short just barely hitting rim. Credit to PHX, players stepped up. Green, Thomas, Dragic, The good Morris twin, and Tucker just picked raps to pieces off turnovers and getting inside for easy shots.

Wow shit. I need to get back to watching ball. Video games been taking all my tv time recently..

and Based mamba. 47 fantasy points in one game. Hmmm.

Jarlaxle

Lakers really wanna give that pick to Phoenix lol

excellent-4689_preview.png

Soonri

I have a sinking feeling about the HOU-CHI game tomorrow. They've shaken my faith.

I know it's your first time being a dedicated watcher, so don't worry too much about it. Wins/Losses in January aren't a huge deal, it's usually about how your team plays against conference playoff teams in late Feb/March.

That being said, my Mavs went 2-15 against playoff teams in 2011 and then went on to win a title

Lubricus

Atlanta Hawks are number 1 in the power rankings from Marc Stein at ESPN:

The Golden State Warriors had a strong case on this Rankings Monday to reclaim the top spot in our weekly power poll, thanks to the Warriors' ongoing presence in the top five of both the league's offensive and defensive efficiency charts and a league-best nightly average point margin of plus-10.2. Even without injured Andrew Bogut for the past 11 games, Golden State really catches the eye with its continued presence at No. 1 in DE.

Yet we simply couldn't resist the Hawks when it came to pinpointing a new No. 1 in the wake of Chicago's recent home loss to a Brooklyn squad not known for beating upper-echelon teams. No team in the East has a better record against the West (8-2) or a better record against teams at .500 and up (10-5) than Atlanta. The Hawks are likewise a glittering 18-2 since Thanksgiving and essentially inched past the Warriors for the most coveted perch on our list by going into Portland on Saturday night and beating our No. 4 team on the road ... on the second night of a back-to-back.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/week/10

Hawks play the Clippers at 10:30PM ET, too late for me. It would be a nice finish for the road trip if they could win one more.

I know it's your first time being a dedicated watcher, so don't worry too much about it. Wins/Losses in January aren't a huge deal, it's usually about how your team plays against conference playoff teams in late Feb/March.

That being said, my Mavs went 2-15 against playoff teams in 2011 and then went on to win a title

Yeah, I know. I just don't like watching them lose hahaha

Two Words

I don't get how athletes can walk away from that kind of money without having serious issues. I understand not having a love for the game. Maybe you never really wanted to be a pro athlete, but you managed to succeed so well that it was the smart choice. But it's not like you have to have a long NBA career to set yourself for life. I'd power through that 44 million contract and then retire rich if I really was done with basketball.

Alina Kupchak, 15, dies after illness

Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak's 15-year-old daughter, Alina, died Monday morning after a lengthy illness, the team announced.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...r-los-angeles-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-dies-15

Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak's 15-year-old daughter, Alina, died Monday morning after a lengthy illness, the team announced.

In a statement released on behalf of Kupchak and his wife, Claire, the team stated, "The family asks for and appreciates their privacy at this difficult time, and would like to express their gratitude for everyone's love, support, thoughts and prayers."

Kupchak is in his 28th season as an executive with the Lakers and his 15th in his current role after taking over for Jerry West in 2000. Kupchak joined the Lakers' front office in 1986 following a 10-year NBA career.

Fjordson

Alina Kupchak, 15, dies after illness

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...r-los-angeles-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-dies-15
Oh god, heartbreaking news. Wonder what the illness was.

I don't get how athletes can walk away from that kind of money without having serious issues. I understand not having a love for the game. Maybe you never really wanted to be a pro athlete, but you managed to succeed so well that it was the smart choice. But it's not like you have to have a long NBA career to set yourself for life. I'd power through that 44 million contract and then retire rich if I really was done with basketball.
Was just about to post that. Obviously I've never been a pro athlete so I'm sure it's a lot tougher to play at that level than I could imagine, but damn. I would at least do whatever I could to play through that 44 mill and then ride off into early retirement as a rich man.

"Cleveland pulled Dion Waiters out of the game tonight and have a deal to trade him, league sources tell Yahoo Sports." - @WojYahooNBA

Supposedly to the Thunder.

Edit:

Just heard about Mitch Kupchak's daughter, truly awful news.

Soonri

Thoughts and prayers out to the Kupchak family. Terrible news.

"Cleveland pulled Dion Waiters out of the game tonight and have a deal to trade him, league sources tell Yahoo Sports." - @WojYahooNBA
Huh... Must be giving up Jeremy Lamb at least.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cavs starting lineup.

1 - Matthew Dellavedova
2 - Joe Harris
3 - Mike Miller
4 - Kevin Love
5 - Tristan Thompson

0678_9zjk9.gif

Apparently Scoop Jardine was breaking the Waiters news on Twitter before.

"Cavs trade discussions involve Dion Waiters, Lou Amundson and Alex Kirk." - @SamAmicoFSO

Oh God, the Knicks are involved.

"The Cavs are in three-way trade talks with Oklahoma City and the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.com" @WindhorstESPN

Reggie Jackson and Samuel Dalembert possibly involved.

Soonri

well there you go

Dy6ECyU.png

Yeah, if it's the Thunder it's probably Jeremy Lamb and another piece... And I'd actually say Lamb may be better than Dion lol

Oh God, the Knicks are involved.

"The Cavs are in three-way trade talks with Oklahoma City and the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.com" @WindhorstESPN
Woah this is getting intriguing!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 6s7 seconds ago
Trade involving Dion Waiters part of deal that will also involve Knicks center Sameul Dalembert, source says. Thunder also involved.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Oklahoma City guard Reggie Jackson could be part of a three-way deal for Dion Waiters, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I truly hope the Cavs just end up with JR and Dalembert.

Edit:

Shump's going too!

"Along with Waiters, New York is sending Iman Shumpert to the Cavaliers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports." - @WojYahooNBA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Thunder gonna get rid of Reggie Jackson? Surprised. If the Knicks get Reggie Jackson. They win the trade easily.

SMFH. Cavs

This is literally the funniest shit ever. Its the exact opposite of a good move.

Bye Bye Lebron. See you in LA in two years.

I'm surprised Waiters made it into the season without being traded, to be honest.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Along with Waiters, New York is sending Iman Shumpert to the Cavaliers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Stack those two together and maybe it's a rim protector.

Top Bottom