• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

C4Lukins

Good news is Dirk does not have to stress about catching any other players in all time scoring this year. He would need to average 25 a game to catch Shaq for number 6.

The Cavs should have never traded for Love. We knew going in that they needed defensive help, especially on the wing and in the paint, and they dumped Wiggins (who plays defense!) for a piece they don't need. LeBron is a better player than a GM. If they think Shumpart is going to fix that defense, well, they're in for a quick playoff exit.

Yet the Warriors were stupid not to mortgage the team for his non defense playing superstar offense. (not saying you wanted the Warriors to do the deal. Just typing out loud)

Yeah...right.

Certainly not a blockbuster one, but I like the trade for the Cavs.

Get a very good defensive wing when healthy in Iman, Smith is similar to Dion, but relocated and around LeBron can up his game, shoots the 3 better and passes as well.

Oh, and the 1st, even protected is very nice, another tradable asset.

Almost makes you forget about the shitty game they played tonight -_-;;

Fjordson

Yet the Warriors were stupid not to mortgage the team for his non defense playing superstar offense. (not saying you wanted the Warriors to do the deal. Just typing out loud)

Yeah...right.
Yeah, I can't believe how well that non-trade is working out for the Warriors.

I was someone who thought the Warriors should do it, but clearly I was wrong. Barnes, Green and Klay was too much to give up.

The rockets will not get past the first round of the playoffs playing like this. Everything is sloppy, incoherent, and dumb. The players just don't seem to be playing with effort unless we get blown out by 30. We got decimated in rebounds too.

J2 Cool

Im loving this Bulls team so much, they look like they really play for each other. Mirotic is also rising the ranks for rookie of the year, he's legitimately contributing to the team in big ways already.

Mashing

Rockets as usual hold a lead into the 4th and blow it.

They got FIVE fucking free throw attempts to 27 for the Bulls. The Rockets had 60 points in the paint. I didn't think such a thing was possible. They played 5 on 8 and the outcome was decided by the foul discrepancy.

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson 6m6 minutes ago
JR Smith could help the Cavs if he becomes more consistent and improves on his shot selection.

lol

fertygo

They got FIVE fucking free throw attempts to 27 for the Bulls. The Rockets had 60 points in the paint. I didn't think such a thing was possible. They played 5 on 8 and the outcome was decided by the foul discrepancy.

Such salt, your FT source Harden and Howard got locked down on iso and had hard time get an inside shot. that's why your team not getting FT, chump.

watershed

Banned
I wonder how much Phil regrets taking this Knicks job. I know he still gets a fat paycheck but he's never been mired in this kind of losing before. It must suck.

I really hope it's just me or that there's something I don't understand about basketball, but what the hell is going on with Dwight? He just seems lazy, no, a better word for it is timid. Is he hiding an injury or something?

Either way, it was an exciting game. I'll be at the rematch next month in Houston. Hope we can win that one.

Fatalah

I wonder how much Phil regrets taking this Knicks job. I know he still gets a fat paycheck but he's never been mired in this kind of losing before. It must suck.

I'm pretty sure PJ's plan is playing out exactly as planned.

He's had 3 goals:
1.) Resign Melo
2.) Free up money for Summer 2015
3.) Convince FA's to sign

A disaster '14-'15 season is actually even better:

4.) A top 3 draft pick
5.) Rest Melo, keep him young

Using free throws to determine the quality of the reffing isn't very smart. Use your eyes. I thought there were only 2 obvious bad calls. The Brewer save that led to a 3, and the Harden phantom foul on Gasol at the end.

watershed

Banned
I'm pretty sure PJ's plan is playing out exactly as planned.

He's had 3 goals:
1.) Resign Melo
2.) Free up money for Summer 2015
3.) Convince FA's to sign

A disaster '14-'15 season is actually even better:

4.) A top 3 draft pick
5.) Rest Melo, keep him young

I absolutely see the virtue in tanking, getting draft picks, and freeing up money. But similar to the Lakers free agency experience last summer, I don't see how the Knicks can draw big free agents to New York besides tempting them with money which plenty of other, better teams will also have. You don't hear stories about people really wanting to play with Melo and Phil can hardly sell anyone on the benefits of playing under Derek Fisher or within this triangle offense.

I think next year's Knicks are gonna be like this years Lakers. A lot of money with no one to spend it on = team of scrubs + Melo/Kobe. Drafting well is good but also a really, really long term strategy to even being competitive in the east (and that's saying something).

@WojyahooNBA said:
Carmelo Anthony has been resisting idea of resting that sore knee, but Knicks have been encouraging him to sit, league sources tell Yahoo.

As speculated, and what Knicks fans were hoping for I guess, if they wanted this team to tank for a top pick.

Knicks vs Sixers, the race for the number 1 pick. Whoever reaches double digit wins loses. But this Knicks roster after this trade looks so bad. I feel sorry for Amare. No wonder the dude wants a release. If they decide to trade him it will probably be to the 76ers as a salary cap hit dump for that team.

Soonri

And here I was thinking OKC's athleticism and length on D would be able to challenge the Dubs. Welp.

Course, KD and Russ missing hurts them too.

What happens when the 3s don't fall?

You get beat by the Lakers.

Fortunately every loss is a learning experience for the Warriors. Gonna be tough beating them in a 7 game series (unless you're San Antonio who matches up against the Warriors very well).

Go Dubs!

overcast

I really hope it's just me or that there's something I don't understand about basketball, but what the hell is going on with Dwight? He just seems lazy, no, a better word for it is timid. Is he hiding an injury or something?
Yeah, Howard looks fucking garbage and just lazy as of late. I don't know about our playoff chances Rox fans :[

Fatalah

I absolutely see the virtue in tanking, getting draft picks, and freeing up money. But similar to the Lakers free agency experience last summer, I don't see how the Knicks can draw big free agents to New York besides tempting them with money which plenty of other, better teams will also have. You don't hear stories about people really wanting to play with Melo and Phil can hardly sell anyone on the benefits of playing under Derek Fisher or within this triangle offense.

I think next year's Knicks are gonna be like this years Lakers. A lot of money with no one to spend it on = team of scrubs + Melo/Kobe. Drafting well is good but also a really, really long term strategy to even being competitive in the east (and that's saying something).

Along with Phil himself, I think Fisher's a draw for FA's looking for a young player's coach. (Fisher coaching LeBron in Cleveland sounds pretty neat actually)

I'm not sold on Melo being a draw for for free agents, since he's not been known to improve his teammates' game. On the other hand, Melo's big game potential is hard to come by.

It's not as bad as the Lakeshow -- PJ's got this under control! Can't wait for the warm winds of el verano 2015!

watershed

Banned
Along with Phil himself, I think Fisher's somewhat of a draw for FA's. (Fisher coaching LeBron in Cleveland sounds pretty neat actually)

I'm not sold on Melo being a draw for for free agents, since Melo's never been known to lift the game of others. But still, Melo has the offensive game to perform in big games.

PJ's got this under control, it's not as bad as the Lakeshow. Can't wait for the warm winds of el verano 2015 to roll on in!

Of course we will all find out in time but I see little reason to be optimistic even with all that cap space.

Maybe wasting a season was always a part of the plan but watching this Knicks team play is just sad. The triangle is all about fundamentals, spacing, and deliberate action but watching this team, none of that is on display. I know they will have an all new set of players next year but still. I'm not even a Knicks fan, just a fan of this newest Knicks experiment, but watching them play is cringe-worthy.

Top Bottom