• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

How is Westbrook's shoulder charge a foul on Klay. Makes no sense.

Yeah...backpedaling and in position. Should be a no call...but that's unfortunately a consistent defensive foul call. Gotta go to the rules committee with that one.

I thought Steph took a 3 earlier? Fitz must've forgotten.

Justin Holiday doing his best Brandon Rush impression.

fertygo

GS fans do you think your owner ready to paid Draymond?
I mean he maybe 2011 Tyson Chandler good right now, or even better.

Guess the Lakers just aren't about that Tank Life. Fuck this squad. You assholes don't want that pick. Guess it's time to start scouting the 2016 mock drafts instead.

Guess the Lakers just aren't about that Tank Life. Fuck this squad. You assholes don't want that pick. Guess it's time to start scouting the 2016 mock drafts instead.

5ef5b04389606f5097f699ea1ded116a_crop_north.jpg

Yeah...backpedaling and in position. Should be a no call...but that's unfortunately a consistent defensive foul call. Gotta go to the rules committee with that one.

I thought Steph took a 3 earlier? Fitz must've forgotten.

Justin Holiday doing his best Brandon Rush impression.

As a post Brandon Rush Warrior fan, i've been wondering why the Warriors felt the need to sign both Justin and Brandon (after I'd watched Justin in every summer league game this year). After signing Barbosa ....when they added Justin to the official squad at the end of training camp I thought "wtf does Brandon Rush do better than Justin right now?"

The answer. Nothing.

I guess the Brandon Rush signing was a sympathy hire from someone. I see the guy get playing time now and he looks slow and unatheletic for a wing.

Everyone on the team loves him though. At times I feel very sorry for Brandon...but only the better players should see playing time this season.

As a post Brandon Rush Warrior fan, i've been wondering why the Warriors felt the need to sign both Justin and Brandon (after I'd watched Justin in every summer league game this year). After signing Barbosa ....when they added Justin to the official squad at the end of training camp I thought "wtf does Brandon Rush do better than Justin right now?"

The answer. Nothing.

I guess the Brandon Rush signing was a sympathy hire from someone. I see the guy get playing time now and he looks slow and unatheletic for a wing.

Everyone on the team loves him though. At times I feel very sorry for Brandon...but only the better players should see playing time this season.

I don't think Rush ever recovered from that injury against Memphis.

Soonri

Plenty of time for the Lakers to continue their tank. Let em have a 2015 win against a playoff team!

It'd be hilarious if Boston got No. 5 and Lakers got 6 tho

So I started browsing around the 2016 mock draft class on Draft Express and had to stop when I noticed most of the guys' dates of birth and got depressed.

RIP Cavs.

I like the Shumpert grab. Was needed. If they can find a big, that'll be nice. But goddamn, Kyrie has to stay healthy because the Cavs with Dellavadobbbo at the point is just the hardest to watch shit ever. And that mothafucka being in position to take the game winner with KEVIN LOVE on the team blows my fucking mind into small, molecule-like pieces.

Ugly 3rd, Warriors still up by 19. I'll take it.

Second unit is better at defense than the first. Whole bunch of 6'7" dudes with long arms.

Draymond, Andre, Justin Holiday have sick reach.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Let the Con for Thon begin.

Basically same boat for the celts as well. Really no big targets I can see them grabbing on their radar, and it looks like this is the year that Green and Bass finally go, obviously Rondo is already gone. With the pistons and hornets having turned it around, the celts are conceivably looking at a 4th/5th/6th spot basically predicated on where the jazz and Lakers finish again. If they drop green and bass I can see that happening, and next year probably won't be any better, although I really love what I've seen from Smart. Doesn't change the fact that our 2 young bigs can't play defense, and Avery Bradley is worthless.

RIP Cavs.

I like the Shumpert grab. Was needed. If they can find a big, that'll be nice. But goddamn, Kyrie has to stay healthy because the Cavs with Dellavadobbbo at the point is just the hardest to watch shit ever. And that mothafucka being in position to take the game winner with KEVIN LOVE on the team blows my fucking mind into small, molecule-like pieces.

Shump is a really good grab and they dropped that headache to the thunder. Dalembert was just waived, so he'd be a decent stop gap. I wonder if the mavs would grab him again.

...sixers? really?

and they came back from like 15 too. it was sad to watch, but not surprising. PG talent behind Kyrie is legit awful. Dellavadova wouldn't even be on most teams rosters and he's starting for the Cavs. And even when he's not starting he's still getting 15-20 minutes/game.

Our depth sucks hot asshole juice.

Blablurn

Dion Waiters left the Cavs?

WHAT are they doing?

Wait.

JR Smith and Shumpert are with LeBron now?

Everything about this deal feels so awkward.

Like some random kid would do it in NBA 2K.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I absolutely see the virtue in tanking, getting draft picks, and freeing up money. But similar to the Lakers free agency experience last summer, I don't see how the Knicks can draw big free agents to New York besides tempting them with money which plenty of other, better teams will also have. You don't hear stories about people really wanting to play with Melo and Phil can hardly sell anyone on the benefits of playing under Derek Fisher or within this triangle offense.

I think next year's Knicks are gonna be like this years Lakers. A lot of money with no one to spend it on = team of scrubs + Melo/Kobe. Drafting well is good but also a really, really long term strategy to even being competitive in the east (and that's saying something).

I actually think the knicks are going to over pay some RFA's (right now they are real close to the room needed to be able offer 2 RFA a max). The lakers problem is they wanted a lebron or a Melo to capitalize on Kobe's last couple of great years. Getting RFA's on their rookie deal to take Max offers is relatively easy. So while everybody is focused on Marc Gasol and LMA. The knicks should try to steal players like kwahi, butler, green, or jackson. Everybody says "oh their teams will match" but we see every year that teams let players go. Look at Harden or Parsons. Its easy to say a GM will match until they see that 15 - 17 mil a year contract in front their face. Now are those guys worth that money? idk i think everything is based on if phil believes they can work in the triangle.

Melo is 30, so getting a guy (or 2) with a lot of potential on a max deal in his early 20's to play besides Melo isn't a bad move. Especially if Phil is thinking long term and figures those players will be around to watch this year draft pick mature.

What prophecy was that?

BG, back in week 15

though I twisted "call him an idiot when he makes a drive-by post" given your propensity for doing that last month into "fuck off" on account of we literally just gave the Sixers their first home win, so I apologize for that

I still don't know how I feel about that trade on Cleveland's end (weighing Shumpert and the picks vs. the JR wildcard), but I feel like OKC definitely lost it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hello NBA gaf, i recently have been watching a huge amount of espn first take and really enjoy their basketball talks, one segment I watched was on how good Steph Curry is and since I have youtube the fuck out of him and he is damn good, I recently checked out where its available in the uk and apparently there is a Golden State game on tonight (Well tomorrow, live at 1am)

Gonna watch, would this be a good pick for a team? I have no allegiances, follow the sport in the Olympics but its really not big over here at all.

So whats the point for FDKnicks doing the trade? Just to get a cheaper tank?

They showed this on sportcenter top plays and then stan verrett said "He's so fancy! But you already know!" lol.
Hello NBA gaf, i recently have been watching a huge amount of espn first take and really enjoy their basketball talks, one segment I watched was on how good Steph Curry is and since I have youtube the fuck out of him and he is damn good, I recently checked out where its available in the uk and apparently there is a Golden State game on tonight (Well tomorrow, live at 1am)

Gonna watch, would this be a good pick for a team? I have no allegiances, follow the sport in the Olympics but its really not big over here at all.
I watch First take too once NBA season is on. It's entertaining to listen to Stephen A and skip while I gaf/or do other stuff at home.

As for your question. Yes that team is really good. You picked the right California team. :D

How do they know that this Thon guy is legit? I mean they're sold on him as the next big thing?

We don't but he's a tantalizing prospect.. 7'2 with ridiculous wingspan.. Can anchor your interior defense as he's already an amazing rim protector. On offense, he has the shooting range, ball handling skills and agility of a guard. He doesn't have much of a post game and needs to bulk up but those are addressable. Also, don't forget, he's at the earliest 2 years away from being drafted into the NBA.

Basically he's the type of pick you can potentially build a franchise around.

Soonri

The biggest loser in this trade might be Jeremy Lamb... OKC is going to want to get Waiters minutes and Lamb is already behind Andre Roberson in their rotation.

Fjordson

As good a team as any. #1 record in the league right now! Welcome aboard.

HabeeNo

Based Phil, hopefully you can work your magic with that cap space and pull some Pat Riley 2010 type shit next year.

With love, a Knicks fan.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It blows my mind that Shumpert is this type of NBA player.

Not to hate on a brother, but for all the hype I never saw it when he played for GT.

Also *puts flame suit on*

Of the two former Demon Deacs Chris Paul looked at the back end of his career while Jeff Teague looked to be in primetime last night.

Flat out CP3 looked slow.

Top Bottom