• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

There's a chance Thon Maker could reclassify to the 2015 class. Would be a top 3 pick in the '16 draft also.

How do they know that this Thon guy is legit? I mean they're sold on him as the next big thing?
7 feet, guard skills on offense and a good defender inside.

But it's tough to know for sure. Especially these days where most high draft picks are 19-20 years old at the most.

xaLMWX2.jpg

Furyous

He went from the last team in the league to a playoff team with overrated ass Kevin Love. He'd better be thanking Bron for vouching for him on this team. He's a scorned exit away from playing in China again.

I'd be upset as well if I went from Starlets to a seedy strip club in Akron that offered after hours services which I won't discuss over the internet. Strip Club heads know what's up. Shout out to *edit*, *edit*, *edit*, and *edit* over at *edit*.

Kevin Love is the most overrated player in the league. Remember all that shit he talked last year about some team playing in the east. He's there now and getting exposed. I wish we kept Wiggins because I knew this trade would backfire.

dream

He went from the last team in the league to a playoff team with overrated ass Kevin Love. He'd better be thanking Bron for vouching for him on this team. He's a scorned exit away from playing in China again.

I'd be upset as well if I went from Starlets to a seedy strip club in Akron that offered after hours services which I won't discuss over the internet. Strip Club heads know what's up. Shout out to *edit*, *edit*, *edit*, and *edit* over at *edit*.

Kevin Love is the most overrated player in the league. Remember all that shit he talked last year about some team playing in the east. He's there now and getting exposed. I wish we kept Wiggins because I knew this trade would backfire.

I tried to warn everyone, man. Nobody would listen. No team with All Star Kevin Love will ever win shit.

PHX just exposing the Eastern conference teams, 8-1 against East teams on the road. I thought Bucks had a chance, but man so much ballhogs on that team they got away from feeding Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Soonri

You know who Cleveland should have thought about trading for once LeBron was confirmed back?

Tyson Chandler. They've had to have taken Raymond Felton too, but that's no biggie - he'd have been Kyrie's backup (and he's better than Dellavedova). Probably would have needed a 3rd team to make salaries match as well, but I think they'd have found a team.

Or heck, even if they don't trade for Love their starting five is Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Bennett and Varejao with Dion off the bench. Is that really that bad? Sure they still don't have a rim protector... But they can draft one can't they? I see a lot of big guys for this year's draft class on DraftExpress - couldn't the Cavs have dealt for one? Or maybe even wait this year out and then grab Tyson Chandler in FA, who probably would have a lower value than he does right now. Bet he feels more motivated playing with LeBron.

Also I see the Pistons beat the Spurs tonight. Mavs are going to have their hands full with Drummond and Monroe tomorrow, ugh.

You know who Cleveland should have thought about trading for once LeBron was confirmed back?

Tyson Chandler. They've had to have taken Raymond Felton too, but that's no biggie - he'd have been Kyrie's backup (and he's better than Dellavedova). Probably would have needed a 3rd team to make salaries match as well, but I think they'd have found a team.

Or heck, even if they don't trade for Love their starting five is Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Bennett and Varejao with Dion off the bench. Is that really that bad? Sure they still don't have a rim protector... But they can draft one can't they? I see a lot of big guys for this year's draft class on DraftExpress - couldn't the Cavs have dealt for one? Or maybe even wait this year out and then grab Tyson Chandler in FA, who probably would have a lower value than he does right now. Bet he feels more motivated playing with LeBron.

Also I see the Pistons beat the Spurs tonight. Mavs are going to have their hands full with Drummond and Monroe tomorrow, ugh.

Hindsight is 20/20...except for the logo and Kerr, everyone thought of Love as a top 5 big man...

Soonri

Hindsight is 20/20...except for the logo and Kerr, everyone thought of Love as a top 5 big man...
I'm not saying Love is overrated - hell, I think he still IS a top 5 big man in the league - but his weakness in defense was obvious from the start. LeBron was in the 2011 Finals, he saw how good Tyson Chandler was and that Tyson was 2012 DPOY. It just seems weird how LeBron has been on all these teams that have never really had rim protection until 2012 onward when Chris Bosh really stepped it up and then the Heat win 2 titles. LeBron's smart, he knows how valuable rim protection is - why didn't he entertain the possibility of getting a possibly motivated Tyson Chandler on his team?

But yeah it is sort of a "in hindsight" discussion... I don't think the Cavs are in that bad of a spot right now after getting Shumpert and JR though. Assuming Shump comes back healthy and Blatt/LeBron can get JR motivated they're a possibly dangerous team. I just wonder about what kind of center is needed to be successful in Blatt's system (aside from being a rim protector). Are they still running his offense or finally doing some pick and rolls?

Soonri

GM LeBron making a nice decision!

Still waiting on assets that Cleveland is trading though

E: they're sending the picks they got from Memphis and OKC. So they keep their own pick for this year I believe.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10m10 minutes ago
ESPN sources say Cavs are prepared to surrender at least one first-round pick and additional trade assets to Denver for Mozgov

Nugs have the Cavs over a barrel. AJ Price? Haywood who can barely walk? Mike Miller & James Jones are safe since they're Lebron's buddies.
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/roster

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 42s43 seconds ago
Update to Cavs story w/ @WindhorstESPN: Cavs will send TWO future firsts to Denver for Mozgov

2 1sts for a backup center.

Soonri

I think people are overrating these picks... They're in the low 20s and one of the picks sent to Denver is from Memphis and is protected 1-3 and 15-30 for the next two years, meaning it's not coming over for a while. The other is 50/50 depending if OKC misses the playoffs. Also Denver looks like they have a superior guy in Jusuf Nurkic and Cavs badly needed a center. Mozgov is only 28 and big men can play longer than guards - he'll be around for Love and Kyrie's primes.

Still a really good return for Denver though, but I'm guessing they might just tank soon.

Fjordson

It's not a great value trade for the Cavs, but they're in "WIN NOW" mode so they kinda have to do it. Draft picks don't matter since they probably feel like it'll all blow up anyway if they have a bad season.

Top Bottom