• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

Epic center duel tonight between Wiltside and Bogut.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12165081/nba-reeling-cleveland-cavaliers-way-course

I feel bad for Blatt on some levels. How do you even coach when you can't even get your players to respect you? I feel like this is a problem with weak ownership and a weak FO. Blatt needs a vote of confidence from them desperately and they aren't qualified to give it.
Damn, that's bad. I wonder why they don't like him? Surely he's not that bad of a coach.

Damn, that's bad. I wonder why they don't like him? Surely he's not that bad of a coach.

If I had to guess, Lebron probably thinks he knows more than Blatt and management is too weak and cowardly to fully back Blatt knowing James is only signed for two years. Without the respect of their best player, the rest of the team..essentially follows the leader..

Fjordson

If I had to guess, Lebron probably thinks he knows more than Blatt and management is too weak and cowardly to fully back Blatt knowing James is only signed for two years. Without the respect of their best player, the rest of the team..essentially follows the leader..
As a UK fan I pray they don't fire Blatt and throw a ton of money at John Calipari again...

tchocky

Is the Blatt issue that he has no College/NBA experience and only in europe so the american players don't have any respect for him because of that.

Is the Blatt issue that he has no College/NBA experience and only in europe so the american players don't have any respect for him because of that.

the Blatt issue is that he isn't Lebron's guy. They brought him in before knowing they could get Lebron back to Cleveland and Lebron doesn't care for him.

He tried to pull the same shit with Spo, walking past Spo and bumping him during a game early on with the Heat. Difference there was that Riley wasn't putting up with that shit, Spo was Riley's guy and that was that.

Cleveland's FO was appeasing garbage before and they're appeasing garbage now, continuing to have no backbone and giving away all of their valuable assets so that Bron can hang out with James Jones and play alongside JR Smith because they know that they need to win now. Lebron will have his coach of choice doing his bidding before the end of the season, likely around the ASB.

Jag

Epic center duel tonight between Wiltside and Bogut.

I'm skeptical of anything Windhorst says regarding Lebron/Cavs. The guy will use anything to get his name in the news.

Soonri

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12165081/nba-reeling-cleveland-cavaliers-way-course

I feel bad for Blatt on some levels. How do you even coach when you can't even get your players to respect you? I feel like this is a problem with weak ownership and a weak FO. Blatt needs a vote of confidence from them desperately and they aren't qualified to give it.
Blatt needs LeBron to back him like Kyrie does. LeBron hasn't really done that and you could see it with his play on the court before he went out for two weeks. Tyronn Lue calling timeouts behind Blatt is what would trouble me if I was a Cavs fan. Didn't Jason Kidd banish an assistant because he felt the guy was going over his head?

In more lighthearted news, here's an excellent article on SWAGGY P! The hijinks with Gilbert Arenas had me rolling.

Any W's fans in here know why Livingston didn't play last night? Did Kerr bench him or was that for rest?

According to ESPN
Livingston was given the night off Tuesday night against Utah.

Spin: The Warriors just opened a stretch of four games in four cities over five nights, so it was decided that Livingston should get a break Tuesday. Leandro Barbosa got more playing time as a result.

Fjordson

According to ESPN
Interesting. Livingston has been mediocre lately so I was curious if Kerr just wanted to try something else. Barbosa looked okay in his place, though I think I like Livingston's ability to handle the point and passing more.

My favourite bench guard continues to be Holiday. What a great find, hope he keeps it up. Dude had 5 steals last night.

Gonzalez

Banned

I am so happy that the Heat's success with LeBron has completely psyched out the Cavs FO to the point that they are now trying to ape their strategy of not taking LeBron, and his freeloading crew's shit. Which will backfire on them, because unlike his time in Miami, LBJ does have a lot of stroke in Cleveland. So the Cavs FO should think twice about taking James's toys away, unless they want to lose him again.

Gonzalez

Banned
big%2B3%2Bmiami%2Bheat%2Bcrying%2Bwolverine%2Bphoto%2BLebron%2Bjames%2Bback%2Bto%2Bmiami%2Bknicks%2Bvs%2Bcavs%2Bloss%2Bfunny%2Bnba%2Bmeme.jpg

Pimpwerx

The GM already gave a vote of confidence a few weeks ago. It's been my experience that the vote of confidence always precedes a firing. PEACE.

Interesting. Livingston has been mediocre lately so I was curious if Kerr just wanted to try something else. Barbosa looked okay in his place, though I think I like Livingston's ability to handle the point and passing more.

My favourite bench guard continues to be Holiday. What a great find, hope he keeps it up. Dude had 5 steals last night.

Wut? Barbosa missed like 4 layups in a row last night. Livingston > Barbosa.

Although it is fun to shout "Captain Barbosa" when he comes in!

Oh and it's fun to see some of our D League (Santa Cruz) players come up and do well in the NBA... take Holiday for example, and last night Elliot Williams saw some action on the Jazz... good for him. He was tearing it up in D-League earlier this year.

I have season ticket floor seats to our D-League games here :)

Fjordson

Wut? Barbosa missed like 4 layups in a row last night. Livingston > Barbosa.

Although it is fun to shout "Captain Barbosa" when he comes in!

Oh and it's fun to see some of our D League (Santa Cruz) players come up and do well in the NBA... take Holiday for example, and last night Elliot Williams saw some action on the Jazz... good for him. He was tearing it up in D-League earlier this year.

I have season ticket floor seats to our D-League games here :)
Oh I like Livingston more, but he hasn't been that good either recently. Still, I'd expect (and hope) for Livingston to stay healthy and get those minutes down the line with Holiday.

Good News World...The Olympic committee has decided to add 3 v 3 half court basketball as an official Olympic sport.

Half-court 3-on-3 basketball has been officially added to the competitions of the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

The IOC put it in a 2012 letter discussing its interest in 3-on-3, a large part of the impetus is to focus more on the amateurism of sports and get the event away from being "somewhat of an exhibition for the American NBA."

“We have spent many months weighing up this proposal, and our final call was to include the appropriated version of basketball into the 2016 Olympic program,” IOC president Thomas Bach explained to international sports news cameras at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.

“This is a trial program and one that asks a lot more of both administrators, hosts, staff and players. However, keeping with the spirit of The Olympic Games, we have decided to include the 3-on-3, half-court variant”

BWAHAHA...

Ones only...First to 13 win by 2...clear on everything..

tchocky

Here is the original source of the Olympic article and here is my favourite part.

“Spectators will be given the opportunity to watch the competition in the evenings, from the comfort of their own cars. It is proposed that each game be played in the evenings and the lighting will be complimented by the headlights on spectator vehicles that are to be surrounding the arena,”

Gigglepoo

I don't think the Cavs have much of a chance of being higher than the fifth seed. Even if they do click later in the season, that's going to be a brutal gauntlet getting to the Finals. Hawks, Wizards, Bulls? Good luck with that.

I don't think the Cavs have much of a chance of being higher than the fifth seed. Even if they do click later in the season, that's going to be a brutal gauntlet getting to the Finals. Hawks, Wizards, Bulls? Good luck with that.

I can see them getting it together on the offensive side of the ball...but good luck getting that team to play any semblance of defense. I just can't see Kyrie, Lebron, Love or JR scrapping and diving for loose balls..

Apparently the C's got another trade exception out of the Nate Robinson deal bringing the total to 6. This is what excites me about the current Celtics...

Messi

I love how hilariously biased the Root sports guys are. Are they really gonna act like Orlando don't have a reason to boo Howard?

Howard has not looked the same since he came back from his injury.

He just needs to stop posting up and focus on the pick and roll.

But honestly, my suspicion is that he's still nursing some pain or uncomfortability. He almost didn't play Monday night because of his knee. I bet that's what it is.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Dirk has gotten away with it for a while lol

There's a reason Golden State wouldn't give up Thompson for Love. Think about that.. Klay Thompson was valued higher than Love.

I'm just not sure what it is, he has some great numbers.. great PER.. but he just can ever translate that into wins for a team.

The Cavs are on pace to win 8 more games then they did last year. That's insane. Lebron + Love are good for 8 wins.

Then again, LeBron, Irving and Love are all pretty horrible defenders. LeBron has no excuse.. he has the physical tools to be great.. but he's just not good on team defense.

Top Bottom