• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You know who I'd love to see play for the Celtics?

Basketball players.

Smart looks legit to me. Tough as nails, works his ass off, has improved across the board already. He aboslutely needs to drive more, but his shot selection, consistency, turnover rate, assists, everything. His defense is already the best on the team.

Apparently some dumb teams wants Marcus Thorton. Free Young !!!

Him and bass are the last 2 we need to shed.

Smart looks legit to me. Tough as nails, works his ass off, has improved across the board already. He aboslutely needs to drive more, but his shot selection, consistency, turnover rate, assists, everything. His defense is already the best on the team.

Him and bass are the last 2 we need to shed.

Some team should trade for Gerald Wallace and his veteran leadership.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I absolutely was not a believer in the hawks team, mainly because of teague, but god damn that guy looks unbelievable this year. I knew horford and millsap were damn solid players, but it's a lot more than that. Not to mention this team is a ton of fun to watch right now.

Tom Penny

I absolutely was not a believer in the hawks team, mainly because of teague, but god damn that guy looks unbelievable this year. I knew horford and millsap were damn solid players, but it's a lot more than that. Not to mention this team is a ton of fun to watch right now.

They literally have one guy on the roster who can't shoot 3's. Spurs of the East.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn looking at the stat lines for Orlando. In a year or 2 they could have one of the best starting 5 in the league. Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Vucevic are already great young pieces. Vuc needs to stay healthy, he clearly feels back to 100% after that back injury had slowed him for a while.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It didn't make sense before but given how few guys are actually still on this team there's no reason not to keep him active.

Ehh I meant more when we had Green, rondo, etc. he was still getting actives, but tons of DNP. At the very least Young could've been active.

edit- also I was a big KO believer despite his short comings given his unbelievable touch and ability to pass, but he has looked absolutely lost out there for stretches this season. I was hoping to see some more progression than this.

edit edit- also love seeing the vintage Green lines in his game for Mem. 10 points on 10 shots, overall a minus 7, where all starters are plus 20 or more. Love it.

Tom Penny

KO believer despite his short comings given his unbelievable touch and ability to pass, but he has looked absolutely lost out there for stretches this season. I was hoping to see some more progression than this.

Dude plays like a total vagina way too much. He can score but doesn't want to. He's clueless. That's his value to the team. He's an absolutely pathetic defensive player. Without scoring he's a scrub.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dude plays like a total vagina way too much. He can score but doesn't want to. He's clueless. That's his value to the team. He's an absolutely pathetic defensive player. Without scoring he's a scrub.

That's what I'm saying, I thought with a defensive center he could be a good piece. I don't think he plays like a vag, I think he's tougher in that he's willing to battle for boards despite his weaker frame and lack of athleticism. His 3 point shot looked improved, and he has a damn good midrange game, and a nice soft touch, but he disappears for massive stretches. Just not sure he's worth keeping around, but I guess we'll see it's still early.

Tom Penny

That's what I'm saying, I thought with a defensive center he could be a good piece. I don't think he plays like a vag, I think he's tougher in that he's willing to battle for boards despite his weaker frame and lack of athleticism. His 3 point shot looked improved, and he has a damn good midrange game, and a nice soft touch, but he disappears for massive stretches. Just not sure he's worth keeping around, but I guess we'll see it's still early.

Ask yourself how many times you saw him pass up a wide open 3 when he's a very good shooter to do an ugly pathetic pump fake and not even get a shot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ask yourself how many times you saw him pass up a wide open 3 when he's a very good shooter to do an ugly pathetic pump fake and not even get a shot.

I completely agree, that's why like I said "was" a believer, I'm hoping he gets more comfortable and just starts demanding the ball. Talent wise he may be the best offensive asset the team has right now in terms of tools, he just hesitates way too much. I'm also a non-believer in Sully. He's far too heavy, he's lazy and settles for crap threes, and again a defensive liability. The only untouchable for me is Marcus, because the more run he's gotten, the more command he's got. He doesn't need any motivation, dude goes 110% all the time, and you can see all the tools he has. He has vision, he can pass, he has decent handles, he can finish, and despite all the knocks on it I've been surprised by his shooting. If his jump shot is really such a project, it already looks significantly better than all the negative hype. I'm just hoping he's focused on getting a feel for the game and will start attacking more, because when he does he gets to the line a good amount.

James Young I also would only give up for an unprotected pick, given his age, his D-league showing, some of his moves he's shown, and that sweet stroke.

Sanjuro

I remember Bread was jerking off to Nelson coming to town. :jnc

I like Smart. This team is still fucked. Ainge has proven for years he has no clue what he is doing. Yes, we are stockpiling picks, but using them effectively is a huge if.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I remember Bread was jerking off to Nelson coming to town. :jnc

I like Smart. This team is still fucked. Ainge has proven for years he has no clue what he is doing. Yes, we are stockpiling picks, but using them effectively is a huge if.

I agree that I'm not convinced in Ainge. Took way too long for him to see what Rondo was despite everyone else figuring it out, went all in on the tank in the wrong year, draft has been inconsistent, the AB0 contract, etc. We'll have to see where it goes. Hopefully he continues with the tank for Thon though. Hoping the nets are able to move Bropez and Deron and just blow the whole thing up to have m ore shots at him.

Pimpwerx

Get hyped! The Great Whiteside cometh.
bd14dea2-cbd4-4701-8b3a-51e54d44bc96.jpg

No Wade tonight. I've seen the ending to this movie. It sucked. PEACE.

Edit: Bazz and Whiteside both starting. I likey. This also means Tyler Johnson will be in the rotation. Wade was holding up the youth movement. LOL.

J2 Cool

Ugh. The Bulls are in free fall. I blame Thibs a lot for this, I don't know how you don't cut Butler's minutes and keep the kid fresh. Also I'm probably not the only one sort of happy Noah sprained his ankle? His knee's not right, he should be sitting out for awhile

Looks like the Rivers trade is done.

@Murf56 said:
Source confirms RealGM report: Rivers to Clippers, Reggie Bullock from Clips to Phoenix, Shav Randolph (expiring $1.2 m) back to Celtics.

The C's get a 2017 2nd rounder from the Clippers and it might include Chris Douglas-Roberts going to the Celtics as well.

Bread

Banned
So many 2nd rounders, fuck it just draft all euro guys, stash them away, and hope one of them turns out to be Mirotic or Gasol.

Soonri

I...what

The Clippers gave up Reggie Bullock and CDR to get Doc's son

And a pick or more

When their biggest need is perimeter defense

Not that Bullock or CDR has helped the Clips that much this year, but at least they're better than Turkoglu...

I never believed that a NCAA team could beat a NBA team it was always a silly idea to imply that a college team could beat a professional NBA team with some of the top talent across the world, but the Knicks are really changing my perspective especially if Melo shuts it down. This might be the worst team of all time, go get that record. Streak at 16.

Wednesday Jan 21st against 76ers. Will be an exciting matchup.

Top Bottom