• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Brooklyn finally realizing that Mason Plumlee is the best big they have. Dude has been ballin, just that Lopez has been taking minutes and plays from him.

23-2 run by the rockets to start the game against the thunder. Hopefully this makes up for last nights game.

Edit: 40-18, rockets leading in the first. Damn!

Edit 2: Typo, thanks maladroid

Pimpwerx

Interesting comments from Shaq and Chuck on the left hander. I thought being ambidextrous was a good thing. The left may be a lower percentage shot, but it still stands to increase your production because now you have more directions for feints or shots. I don't think I agree with them, but they're two all time great bigs. PEACE.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'm surprised it's statistically possible for only 5 teams in the East to be over .500. Also one of those teams is the Bucks.

They need to go to soccer style relegation.. make a A tier and a B tier NBA.

There's just too much bad basketball these days, or they need to fix the D-League to be a legit minor league system where guys can learn the craft before going into the league.. but nope.. never gonna happen.. because of the stupid salary cap and pay system in the league.. teams NEED shitty draft pick guys who cost nothing to sit on the bench for a few years every few years until they get recycled for the next min. contract nobody. It's just amazing how bad the bad teams are right now.

On a lighter note:

damez7c08.png

The east really should only have like 6 teams getting into the playoffs max, its ridiculous having teams well under 500 make the playoffs. Problem is the west is so staked its possible that a team with 50 wins misses the playoffs if theres only 6 teams getting in. Its a real problem.

I'm surprised it's statistically possible for only 5 teams in the East to be over .500. Also one of those teams is the Bucks.

They need to go to soccer style relegation.. make a A tier and a B tier NBA.

There's just too much bad basketball these days, or they need to fix the D-League to be a legit minor league system where guys can learn the craft before going into the league.. but nope.. never gonna happen.. because of the stupid salary cap and pay system in the league.. teams NEED shitty draft pick guys who cost nothing to sit on the bench for a few years every few years until they get recycled for the next min. contract nobody. It's just amazing how bad the bad teams are right now.

On a lighter note:

damez7c08.png

I wish I understood the recent prevalence of hairline jokes

zychi

Banned
The east really should only have like 6 teams getting into the playoffs max, its ridiculous having teams well under 500 make the playoffs. Problem is the west is so staked its possible that a team with 50 wins misses the playoffs if theres only 6 teams getting in. Its a real problem.

Exactly why the division and conferences need to go. Keep "west and east" for scheduling purposes, but 16 best record should make playoffs.

Bowser

ESPN's Kevin Pelton gave the Clippers an F for this trade

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12174907/clippers-get-austin-rivers-three-team-deal-nba

Los Angeles Clippers: F
The problem here isn't that coach and team president Doc Rivers traded for his son. The problem is that the Clippers gave up real assets to get a player who isn't one, as evidenced by both the Pelicans and Celtics moving him so readily. By taking on Austin Rivers' salary in this trade, the Clippers did Boston a favor. So why on earth are the Celtics getting the second-round pick, too?

There's also a strong case to be made that Bullock, 23, is the better prospect than Rivers. Rivers is more than a year younger, but Bullock has actually produced at near replacement level, something Rivers has yet to do in the NBA. Given the Clippers' desperate need for a 3-and-D backup on the wing, their willingness to give up on Bullock so quickly -- during a season where he's making a strong 38.5 percent of his 3-pointers -- is difficult to understand.

Rivers is probably a better player than he has shown this season. The difference between his performance now and in 2013-14, when he took a solid step from one of the worst rookie campaigns in recent memory, basically comes down to 3-point shooting. Rivers hit 36.4 percent in Year 2, giving him a legit NBA skill, before dropping to 28.0 percent in just 50 attempts this season.

His true talent level likely lies somewhere in between. Of course, when a player starts as far below replacement level as Rivers did as a rookie, even a solid step forward isn't enough to be a useful rotation player. Because of his age, it's too early to give up on him as a prospect. At the same time, it's also too late to be giving up valuable pieces for him.

The other issue at play here is Austin Rivers' difficulty evaluating his own talent. If we're going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will regress to the mean, we have to do the same for Jordan Farmar, who will apparently be waived today. Farmar's performance this season is out of line with the rest of his post-Lakers career, yet the Clippers weren't patient enough to keep him on the roster as a third point guard.

There's a natural tendency on the part of coaches, who are so emotionally invested in their team, to want to make drastic changes based on small sample sizes. Part of the reason teams separate GM and coaching duties is so the front office can maintain a more detached perspective that seems to be badly lacking with the Clippers.

The upside is that trading two players and waiving one creates three open roster spots for the Clippers, who previously had 14 players on their roster. As noted by Dan Feldman, it doesn't appear the Clippers can fill all three spots yet because they are hard-capped at $4 million above the luxury-tax line, but they should be able to sign two players now (possibly Robinson, who briefly played for Rivers in Boston) and a third at the trade deadline. Such flexibility has value. The question is whether we still trust Rivers the GM to correctly fill those spots.

The same article gave Boston a B and Phoenix an A+.

Oh, also:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3m3 minutes ago
Sources: Clippers sign Austin Rivers to a 5-year, $120 million extension.

;)

Soonri

Ugh, I can't tell which team's transition D is worse.

e: LOL Kobe has 8 assists already. He might actually be able to beat this Cavs team by himself...

What does that have to do with Harden?

Did I say good win earlier? Good win for Houston, would be more pleased with a victory over GS in 2 days.

Lamb was supposed to be OKC's prize from the Harden trade, and they are going to flip him for Herman Munster.

Bowser

What does that have to do with Harden?

Did I say good win earlier? Good win for Houston, would be more pleased with a victory over GS in 2 days.

I mean, Presti wants to trade for a guy that makes more than Harden does on his current contract anyway. Might as well have just kept Harden, he's a top 10-15 player in the league. Ironic.

JNA

Banned
This Cavs team. Seriously if they don't beat the Lakers tonight...

And now Lebron misses both. I just...I can't. XD

Pimpwerx

They should win tonight, but this Cleveland team is seriously flawed. They should never be mentioned in the same breath as the 2010 Heatles. Not even close. PEACE.

JNA

Banned
Wow, the Lakers are stupid. Both guards go up court and leave 3 bigs to bring it up

Yet we're still winning despite the stupidity lol.

Seriously Cavs, you can lose almost every other game for all I care but if you don't win tonight, then there is no hope for yall.

Does anyone really believe Lebron is trying? Probably think Shaq falling into that Christmas tree was spontaneous too.

No way a team with Bron and Kyrie should ever trail the Lakers. Yeah, the Lakers without Kobe beat the Warriors ...shut up. :)

Seriously... Did the Spurs steal LeBron's soul or something?

I realize it's more likely the wear and tear of logging the most minutes in the NBA coming off four straight Finals appearances.

Top Bottom