• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

dsigns1

Caught bits and pieces of the W's game against the Kings last night. That was the type of game the Warriors would've lost with Mark Jackson as coach. The offense wasn't clicking (22 TO's) and the 3's weren't falling. Thanks to the coaching staff and adjusting the lineups in the 3rd, the dubbs still pulled out a convincing victory against a team they're supposed to beat. Not saying we're chip bound but winning a game like that makes me feel better about the coaching staff in general.

Agreed, Mjax would have ISO'd the mess out of the team to try to hold onto the lead getting away from what got them the lead in the first place. So glad he's gone. Not sold on Kerr yet, but it's looking good so far.

Don't normally post in here but here's the new bron billboard up in cleveland. With a new TV spot. Some of you probably hate this haha

B1NNQQICEAE1Eqb.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=n6S1JoCSVNU

http://share.gifyoutube.com/KdV1RX.webm

I love that youtube does webm's and gif's now

Man that looks awesome. That 3 was really ballsy.

In their defense, the Bulls should be one of the top teams in the NBA. Knicks can still slide into a top 6 or 7 slot in the east.

Btw, the Lakers might not win 10 games. I've never seen a worse team that has a superstar on it. It's one thing to lose when your best player is a nobody. It's another to lose when you have the Mamba.

I hope so man, but until then Knicks are gonna get wrecked by every decent team. Were going to get obliterated tonight at Cleveland lol

How was Lin?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Knicks are a bottom feeder. Melo who isnt even a winner is surrounded by basically all average players.

Knicks were only out of the playoffs by 1 game this year. Looking at the rest of the east, they have a chance to get the necessary 40 or so wins to squeeze in.

J2 Cool

Damn. Not really looking forward to seeing Kobe play this season out with the Lakers. They're going to be all-time bad, and he's seemingly ready to perform at a high level later in his career than a lot of greats. Shame to watch it wasted on this team. '06 Kobe would have trouble getting this team to 35 wins.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm expecting we'll see a Kobe suspension after blowing up on the court over some non-call. He may very well go down as graciously as the shitship LA is.
Caught bits and pieces of the W's game against the Kings last night. That was the type of game the Warriors would've lost with Mark Jackson as coach. The offense wasn't clicking (22 TO's) and the 3's weren't falling. Thanks to the coaching staff and adjusting the lineups in the 3rd, the dubbs still pulled out a convincing victory against a team they're supposed to beat. Not saying we're chip bound but winning a game like that makes me feel better about the coaching staff in general.
I'm glad to see others are having the same thoughts.
Agreed, Mjax would have ISO'd the mess out of the team to try to hold onto the lead getting away from what got them the lead in the first place. So glad he's gone. Not sold on Kerr yet, but it's looking good so far.
Yeah exactly. The ISOs are gone and it's incredibly exciting. I wanted Gentry as the new coach and we have him and Kerr, such an improved staff.

That said, the fact they're still coughing up the ball like crazy is just insane. I don't understand how an organization can have that as it's #1 problem consistently for so many years.

I'm expecting we'll see a Kobe suspension after blowing up on the court over some non-call. He may very well go down as graciously as the shitship LA is.
I'm glad to see others are having the same thoughts.
Yeah exactly. The ISOs are gone and it's incredibly exciting. I wanted Gentry as the new coach and we have him and Kerr, such an improved staff.

That said, the fact they're still coughing up the ball like crazy is just insane. I don't understand how an organization can have that as it's #1 problem consistently for so many years.

It's a new offense involving a lot more ball movement. Those types of turnovers are part of the growing pains.

How was Lin?

I don't know about last night (judging from the box score and that +/- I'd say he was terrible) but from what I saw against houston...he looked like the 9th man in the rotation out there. With the exception of a span of maybe 5 min in the 3rd quarter, Lin played like garbage (characteristic unforced turnovers and just absolutely shutdown by Beverly). I can see why Byron Scott didn't want to start Lin. If this continues, he seriously will be out of the L after this year.

Fjordson

We still had 22 turnovers last night? Hmm. I hope that doesn't become a problem again this year. Kinda confused about why we can't shake that.

Saw Draymond with dat double double though. What an amazing draft pick he's turning out to be.

We still had 22 turnovers last night? Hmm. I hope that doesn't become a problem again this year. Kinda confused about why we can't shake that.

New offense that's based on a ton of ball movement (I mean even Mo Speights passed the ball around and he even posted double figure scoring) + coaching staff was mixing and matching lineups all night to find one that worked. It's going to take time (from what I saw the ball movement overall was promising).

Saw Draymond with dat double double though. What an amazing draft pick he's turning out to be.

The better he plays, the least likely we're going to be able to re-up him.

Fjordson

New offense that's based on a ton of ball movement (I mean even Mo Speights passed the ball around and he even posted double figure scoring) + coaching staff was mixing and matching lineups all night to find one that worked. It's going to take time (from what I saw the ball movement overall was promising).
Ah, that makes sense. Just hope it doesn't stick around all season.

And don't kill my Draymond vibe =[

B1NyBL9IEAErQ2z.jpg:medium

I can't wait for my Cavaliers to begin their dominance tonight. It's time to show all those bandwagon fans in Miami how to properly root for LeBron. In fact, we don't even have to change a thing, because we were so unwavering in our support for the Cavaliers even when he was gone.

It's a good time to be a Cavs fan.

Now I remember why I disliked the Cavs. The bandwagon fans and the actual fans are equally insufferable.

Then I tune into ESPN and it's sportscenter all day live from Cleveland. Then I read headlines like this

LeBron James: Cleveland Cavaliers' opener "one of the biggest sporting events ever"

Fucking pathetic man.

being a heat fan since i was 12 and Zo was taking 15 minutes to shoot a free throw, i now know what it must've been like to suffer through the last 4 seasons if you didn't like miami.

Great game by our team last night, but I wanna see how we do with the Bulls, Hornets, and especially cleveland because this shit is getting ridiculous already with them.

Smokey

B1NyBL9IEAErQ2z.jpg:medium

I can't wait for my Cavaliers to begin their dominance tonight. It's time to show all those bandwagon fans in Miami how to properly root for LeBron. In fact, we don't even have to change a thing, because we were so unwavering in our support for the Cavaliers even when he was gone.

Lmao

The name change (and accompanying new logo, jerseys, colors) gave Charlotte new life. Such a great idea whoever thought of it. That whole team looks rejuvenated. Tons of excitement in the air.

Now I remember why I disliked the Cavs. The bandwagon fans and the actual fans are equally insufferable.

Then I tune into ESPN and it's sportscenter all day live from Cleveland. Then I read headlines like this

Fucking pathetic man.

What you have against the real fans? They been through some brutal ass stretches.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What you have against the real fans? They been through some brutal ass stretches.
Loser entitlement.

"We've lost for so long we DESERVE to win."

Bullfuckingshit. Sports is awesome because it's a meritocracy. No such thing as deserve in sports. You win because you prepared to become the best.

My Dolphins haven't won shit in 40 years. I don't think I deserve a Super Bowl because I've gone through 17 different starting quarterbacks since Dan Marino.

Loser entitlement.

Bullfuckingshit. Sports is awesome because it's a meritocracy. No such thing as deserve in sports. You win because you prepared to become the best.

My Dolphins haven't won shit in 40 years. I don't think I deserve a Super Bowl because I've gone through 17 different starting quarterbacks since Dan Marino.

it does help that we still have the only undefeated championship season, though. And it could always be worse: we could've been the 90s Bills that got so close but never made it for 4 years in a row.

but yeah, i understand cleveland's loaded with losing years but i can't root against the heat and i hope that the cavs never ever win with lebron there.

Exokell

Banned
Must suck to be a miami sports fan, marlins suck, dolphins suck and ur rooting for a basketball team whose point guard is mario chalmers. Phoenix has dragic, bledsoe and thomas. Like cmon now.

tm24

MKG looked good. 17 points, 6/8 from the field including 2/3 deep jumpers, 5/6 from the stripe. That shot reconstruction, at least one game in, looks like it's translating to real game time and it looks nice.

Kemba struggled early, but became Killa Kemba down the stretch and hit the game tying 3 and game winner in OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBckwv0RWQ

Parker had some nice moves, but an overall quiet night.

MKG's shot chart:

B1KSk4gIQAAu-C2.jpg
Wow, MKG is on fire. I really like watching them play when they came upon league pass so im glad i got the bigger version so i can watch them whenever

Not saying we're chip bound but winning a game like that makes me feel better about the coaching staff in general.

I'm not sure where i heard this, was probably the BS report with Lowe and Voulgaris, but there was a lot of talk about how smart Kerr was to get a bunch of assistants who are smart in the things he has little to no idea. Seems like it paid off last night. The Win shares on the coaching change has to be huge

Also, are the Hornets using the 3D court projection system? Looks like it from the picture, but im not sure if it was a rental for opening night or a permanent thing

zychi

Banned
Loser entitlement.

As a Cubs fan, Cleveland fans are the worst for "woe is me, we never win!" I dont like new york, cleveland or Stl cards fans. Everyone else i can put up with

Must suck to be a miami sports fan, marlins suck, dolphins suck and ur rooting for a basketball team whose point guard is mario chalmers. Phoenix has dragic, bledsoe and thomas. Like cmon now.

not really. 2 world series wins, 3 NBA championships, and one national college football championship in the last 15-20 years aint that bad at all. Plenty of partying has been done in the city.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
it does help that we still have the only undefeated championship season, though. And it could always be worse: we could've been the 90s Bills that got so close but never made it for 4 years in a row.

but yeah, i understand cleveland's loaded with losing years but i can't root against the heat and i hope that the cavs never ever win with lebron there.
I'm 29 years old and have lived here in Miami for 18 years. Became a fan of the Miami teams since 1999 once I knew this would be my permanent home and not just another stop (except baseball because fuck that boring mess).

The Dolphins have been horse shit in that time period except for like 4 seasons.
That undefeated season is completely irrelevant to me since I didn't live it. To me it's nothing but an old legend that stuffy, out of touch with reality, old homers who probably call WQAM and post on Finheaven.com won't shut up about. The only thing it was good for to me was to troll the fuck out of Patriots fans and the Patriots-loving national media after they got Eli'd the first time.

Cant wait for Lebron to bail next year after the city setting such insane expectations.

I didnt know Cleveland even had a skyline.

I don't know about last night (judging from the box score and that +/- I'd say he was terrible) but from what I saw against houston...he looked like the 9th man in the rotation out there. With the exception of a span of maybe 5 min in the 3rd quarter, Lin played like garbage (characteristic unforced turnovers and just absolutely shutdown by Beverly). I can see why Byron Scott didn't want to start Lin. If this continues, he seriously will be out of the L after this year.

Damn thats tough. I guess its a good thing that he got paid and hes got an economics degree from Harvard lol

zychi

Banned
Wheres the best place online to watch nba highlights? Nba.com is a mess and gives me a lebron video everytime i try and use their highlight bar.

Top Bottom