• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Kevtones

Fuckin ben mclemore.. how can a first rounder be bad enough to get a NEGATIVE in fantasy points. God damn you.

He'll get traded and flourish :)

Do you like Meyers Leonard btw? 7 footer, shoots 3s, good FT clip.
Do you like Allen Crabbe? Local guy for Sac-town and he's got a bubbly personality and a great wingspan!
Do you like Victor Claver? He's like a tall Bruce Bowen in development!

All 3 for Ben.

Every good team has multiple all-stars or really good players
Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka
Lebron, Love, Kyrie
Duncan, Parker, Manu, ~Kawaii~
Dragic, Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas
CP3, Griffin
Lillard, Aldridge
Zbo, M. Gasol, Conley
Rose, Noah, P. Gasol
Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut
Wall, Gortat, Pierce, Nene
Bosh, Wade, Deng
Horford, Millsap, Teague
Dwight, Harden
Dirk, Parons, Monta
and more

Who does Kobe have? This is the worst Lakers team in decades. Shouldn't have traded Pau. At least you'd be competitive with him.

It is a bad time for the Lakers to have a bad team because the West is loaded and it will only magnify how bad the Lakers are. Kobe is gonna have a nervous breakdown on the court from all the losses he is gonna have to endure this year.

It is a bad time for the Lakers to have a bad team because the West is loaded and it will only magnify how bad the Lakers are. Kobe is gonna have a nervous breakdown on the court from all the losses he is gonna have to endure this year.
Worst thing is Kobe is still playing at an elite level. He's got 31 points in 27 minutes tonight while having to carry the entire load because the rest of the team is so inept offensively. Double teams, all the pressure on him, yet still pours in 31 points in 27 minutes. Playing solid defense too. The only other player with double figures is Wesley Johnson with 10 points. This is a damned travesty and will end up being a wasted elite Kobe year. We only have one more after this one and he's done.

Who does Kobe have? This is the worst Lakers team in decades. Shouldn't have traded Pau. At least you'd be competitive with him.
Not a Lakers fan and I actually feel bad for Kobe. I don't want any ATG caliber player to end their career being with a team as bad as the current lakers. MJ deserved it though because he shouldn't have returned in the first place hehe.

He'll get traded and flourish :)

Do you like Meyers Leonard btw? 7 footer, shoots 3s, good FT clip.
Do you like Allen Crabbe? Local guy for Sac-town and he's got a bubbly personality and a great wingspan!
Do you like Victor Claver? He's like a tall Bruce Bowen in development!

All 3 for Ben.
thanks. Ben can stay a bit lol.

and its only game 2 of 82
Any day now I'm expecting some Laker to show up in a game with a mysterious blackeye.

@BaxterHolmes - "Kobe has 25 FGA. The other four Lakers starters combined have 25 FGA."

This is going to be a fun season.

There's really nothing else he could do. The rest of the team is terrible offensively.

It's kinda sad my last hope for this team is the return of Nick Young.

zychi

Banned
@BaxterHolmes - "Kobe has 25 FGA. The other four Lakers starters combined have 25 FGA."

This is going to be a fun season.
It's all about the scoring record at this point. Can't wait til the coattail rider retres. Most selfish player of all time.

MVP

Banned
I give respect to people who announce their bets beforehand, but damn, son...that's a lot of cheddar. I've never bet more than $100. I don't have the nuts, I guess. Best of luck to you. And yeah...Let's Go HEAT!!! PEACE.

fptNEOP.gif

B.O.O.M

Starting the season off with a win always feel good :D Good show Blazers, despite the rough start they came back strong..and on a night Lillard was way off his game too

I like our bench now. Kamen is turning out to be a very nice addition. Good stuff all around

Next up ...Kings

Pimpwerx

Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka
Lebron, Love, Kyrie
CP3, Griffin
Lillard, Aldridge
Zbo, M. Gasol, Conley
Rose, Noah, P. Gasol
Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut
Bosh, Wade, Deng
Horford, Millsap, Teague
Dwight, Harden
Dirk, Parons, Monta
and more

Henry Abbott was right. PEACE.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yoooo I hope Westbrook can perform like that (low turnovers/lots of free throws) for the season. That 38 point 2 turnover swagger thanks 7th pick WOOO
I hate the Giants...but 3 chips in 5 years is a damn dynasty. Deh be good.
Fuckin A. Of course the team for the sport I don't care about at all is our dynasty. Meanwhile the Sharks have disappointed for a decade and the dubs have only recently been relevant, apart from 07 which was fucking incredible.

ghost77

Banned
1-0.

Like this Portland team. Replace Steve Blake with Aaron Brooks or Luke Ridnour or some other guy and we're good.

Nah those guys wouldn't be much better. Best thing I saw tonight was batums aggressiveness later on and the d tightening up in the 4th. Granted it was probably because Russell and okc was gassed but still. Blazers need to keep getting to the basket somehow too when the long bombs aren't falling.

Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka
Lebron, Love, Kyrie
CP3, Griffin
Lillard, Aldridge
Zbo, M. Gasol, Conley
Rose, Noah, P. Gasol
Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut
Bosh, Wade, Deng
Horford, Millsap, Teague
Dwight, Harden
Dirk, Parons, Monta
and more

You mean, besides 2 time all star and future hall of famer BOOZER right?!

demolitio

I don't know if I can sleep tonight knowing the Cavs play tomorrow. Been a loyal fan since the disappointment in the early 90's and the last four years have been painful, especially with FS Ohio televising Blue Jackets games instead of Cavs games when they both played. I don't think they'll do that very often this year unless the team's on prime-time. :D

I love how a lot of Cavs fans have adopted the Wolves as their team in the West/underdog team showing support for Wiggins and Bennett. Wiggins had a rough summer but now he's at least on a young team that's exciting to watch with a good chance of him being their franchise player.

As for the Lakers, I've never liked Kobe personally but always respected his abilities, so I do feel sorry for him to waste presumably one of his last years in the game on a shitty team, but he's also partially to blame for that. One of the greatest players deserves to go out relatively on top with a supportive team.

1-0.

Like this Portland team. Replace Steve Blake with Aaron Brooks or Luke Ridnour or some other guy and we're good.
Aaron Brooks ain't leaving the Bulls. He's another one of our guards who's going to overachieve here and leave after one year to grab some $. Thibs is the backup PG whisperer.

Bowser

Was at work, interested in how MKG, Kemba and Parker were today

MKG looked good. 17 points, 6/8 from the field including 2/3 deep jumpers, 5/6 from the stripe. That shot reconstruction, at least one game in, looks like it's translating to real game time and it looks nice.

Kemba struggled early, but became Killa Kemba down the stretch and hit the game tying 3 and game winner in OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBckwv0RWQ

Parker had some nice moves, but an overall quiet night.

phanphare

Banned
MKG looked good. 17 points, 6/8 from the field including 2/3 deep jumpers, 5/6 from the stripe. That shot reconstruction, at least one game in, looks like it's translating to real game time and it looks nice.

Kemba struggled early, but became Killa Kemba down the stretch and hit the game tying 3 and game winner in OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBckwv0RWQ

Parker had some nice moves, but an overall quiet night.

yeah MKG was looking real good. you can tell from his body language that his confidence is increasing. dude's got swagger. if he keeps working he has the potential to be something special. his lane game is going to be ridiculous this season with his jumper improving and Lance dishing out assists.

here's a nice assist from Lance last night

http://www.nba.com/video/games/hornets/2014/10/29/0021400004-mil-cha-play3.nba/

Saw the highlights from the Hornets game. Kemba was clutch.

Knicks are going to have another brutal season ahead. Hope they start to get it together halfway in the season.

KidJr

Not sure if I stated my predictions earlier in this thread but I really cant see anyone but spurs winning it again. I just dont think any team has improved enough to beat us over a 7 game series. People talk about the age thing but Greg knows how to manage effectively with game time, our bench will probably still be one of the most effective in the league and we just move the ball so well offensively that even when we arnt having a great game defensively we can probably out score you. Bulls might be a problem though.

Heat Wiz game was sloppy as fuck

fuck Silver for handicapping the Wiz with his bullshit suspensions...we already were missing a bunch of key players and he goes and suspends half our front court rotation for preseason bs

Bosh looked unstoppable. Wades stats look good but I thought he looked bad. He's a lock to waste a good twelve seconds of the shot clock fishing for fouls and disciplined defenders know you just have to stay down on his pump fakes.

Chris Andersen continues to be one of the most underrated guys in the league though.

Caught bits and pieces of the W's game against the Kings last night. That was the type of game the Warriors would've lost with Mark Jackson as coach. The offense wasn't clicking (22 TO's) and the 3's weren't falling. Thanks to the coaching staff and adjusting the lineups in the 3rd, the dubbs still pulled out a convincing victory against a team they're supposed to beat. Not saying we're chip bound but winning a game like that makes me feel better about the coaching staff in general.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Saw the highlights from the Hornets game. Kemba was clutch.

Knicks are going to have another brutal season ahead. Hope they start to get it together halfway in the season.

In their defense, the Bulls should be one of the top teams in the NBA. Knicks can still slide into a top 6 or 7 slot in the east.

Btw, the Lakers might not win 10 games. I've never seen a worse team that has a superstar on it. It's one thing to lose when your best player is a nobody. It's another to lose when you have the Mamba.

Top Bottom