• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

B/t Curry and Klay ...I think Klay will do better in the 3 point competition (not talking about winning because I haven't watched Korver play this year) than Steph based on shooting form alone. at stand still, steph brings the ball down before so grabbing from the rack forces him to take a movement outside of his rhythm whereas Klay just brings it high from his shooting pocket.

Personally I'd love to see the Lakers to stay mediocre for awhile as I've met some really obnoxious Laker fans over the years (not saying all Laker fans are bad or even most). Them and their goddamn car flags. However, I do feel sorry for the fanbase having to deal with Jim "Commodus" Buss right now (but I guess that's the karma for having such a great owner in Jerry all those years).

Having said that...From what little I've seen of Julius Randle play in the preseason.. I feel like he's the type of player you can build around. The guy has a physical presence about him. Jordan Hill is a solid hustle PF..And Nick Young is a sideshow (Jamal Crawford type player on a good team). The rest of the team you could jettison (especially Byron Scott).

While the Lakers are stockpiling, I think they should look for a coaching staff that actually is interested in developing talent and evaluating talent properly rather than what Byron Scott is doing. I mean more likely than not, the Lakers are going to end up with a young team. Bring in a guy to properly dole out the hours and support player development rather than just punishing players for making wrong plays without proper guidance and correction.

Hells Salesman

Neo Member
i think what Curry has going for him is his fast shot/quick release. other than that he's an off the dribble-and not a spot up 3 point shooter. Plus he's cold right now and Klay...well you know whats up with him.

thats all theoretical though, 3 point contests have their own rules to success.

Fjordson

Yeah, the 3 point contest seems like a weird thing. It's just so specific and different from actual games.

I wonder if they could ever set it up to where they have someone down low kicking it out to the shooters. Bet some guys would make way more.

Yeah, the 3 point contest seems like a weird thing. It's just so specific and different from actual games.

I wonder if they could ever set it up to where they have someone down low kicking it out to the shooters. Bet some guys would make way more.

On that note, if they want to make the dunk competition compelling, have a defender.

i think what Curry has going for him is his fast shot/quick release. other than that he's an off the dribble-and not a spot up 3 point shooter. Plus he's cold right now and Klay...well you know whats up with him.

thats all theoretical though, 3 point contests have their own rules to success.

Steph definitely is a dead eye spot up shooter...I remember last year there was a stat saying that he was almost 50+% off of spot up 3's and 60% off corner 3's. Problem with him is that he brings the ball down after the catch before he shoots. With the rack, you have to reach and then fire in one motion which is more of how Klay shoots but not Curry.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How are they going to fuck up the dunk contest this year?

Seriously, watch how they set up X-games street skating competitions and copy it. One long 15 minute period, each guy gets 30 seconds to do their best. Each guy would get 5+ attempts and it gets an overall rating. Everything keeps flowing.

RBK

Banned
Andrew Bogut on tough guys: "It's just so fake. 'You don't know where I'm from.' 'You ain't about that life.' You hear it every other game."
The irony.

Dwight's looking like a no go for tomorrow. Hope TJ gets some time. Hope he comes back strong.

Is Jones finally healthy? I'll say let Howard rest until the Bulls game on the 4th, next couple of games should be in our favor. We can let Dallas win one so they can feel good about themselves at this point in the season.

The irony.

Is Jones finally healthy? I'll say let Howard rest until the Bulls game on the 4th, next couple of games should be in our favor. We can let Dallas win one so they can feel good about themselves at this point in the season.

Dude no way. We can't lose to Dallas. That's just...no.

And yeah, McHale said Jones played full practice today. It's all up to how he feels tomorrow. I'd guess maybe limited minutes.

The irony.

It's true, though. If Abaka were more bout dat life, OKC would have beaten the Heat in the Finals. Jax is the wisest of sages.

Soonri

Dude no way. We can't lose to Dallas. That's just...no.

And yeah, McHale said Jones played full practice today. It's all up to how he feels tomorrow. I'd guess maybe limited minutes.

I'm interested to see if Terrence Jones can finally give it a go - there's still time for him to potentially be an X-factor for this Rockets team. He's still young and it'd be a mistake IMO if the Rockets gave up on him just because Motiejunas is also a pretty good fit next to Dwight.

Although LOL @ "We can't lose to Dallas". Mavs face the Rockets on the latter end of a back-to-back every game this regular season - Houston SHOULD be disappointed if they lose any of those. Particularly this coming game where Houston has a few days of rest while Dallas plays Memphis tonight...

Tough one tonight for Golden State against Chicago. Gonna get killed if we play them like we did Boston Sunday.

I don't get it.

I'd be surprised if GSW didn't blow them out. Chicago's been pretty uneven lately, and I believe that they don't have very good perimeter defense.

Fjordson

I'd be surprised if GSW didn't blow them out. Chicago's been pretty uneven lately, and I believe that they don't have very good perimeter defense.
I hope so, though we looked pretty assy against Boston. And honestly against Sacramento as well before Klay exploded. I think dudes are ready for some time off for the All-Star break.

I'm interested to see if Terrence Jones can finally give it a go - there's still time for him to potentially be an X-factor for this Rockets team. He's still young and it'd be a mistake IMO if the Rockets gave up on him just because Motiejunas is also a pretty good fit next to Dwight.

Although LOL @ "We can't lose to Dallas". Mavs face the Rockets on the latter end of a back-to-back every game this regular season - Houston SHOULD be disappointed if they lose any of those. Particularly this coming game where Houston has a few days of rest while Dallas plays Memphis tonight...

Yeah, thats what I was saying. We shouldn't just "give them the win"

Fjordson

In reference to the Rockets throwing cheap shots and being a "dirty team" after the final matchup in the season. Coming from Bogut?

Ridiculous.
Huh? Denver was trying to injure Steph Curry throughout that series, mainly through Faried. Bogut defending Curry with that shove is actually a pretty light retaliation.

As for the Rockets being a dirty team, I'd disagree with Bogut on that. Though any organization with Patrick Beverly on their payroll runs the risk of being called dirty.

Soonri

I'm tuning in for the dunk contest just for Zach LaVine. He's easily gonna win it but I still want to see if he can come up with something cool. And WTF @ Mason Plumlee being in there.

So I'm just wondering, what's with this NBA-China relationship? Is there something I'm missing? Why does the NBA love China so much?

kobe-bryant-lots-of-pictures_original.jpg

Chinese people love basketball. It's why Kobe and other players go there seemingly every year. I think it's also why Adidas gave Rose that crazy huge shoe deal, because of the prospects of selling shoes in China.

Pimpwerx

Outside of Bosh and Whiteside, everyone else we're putting on the court is absolute garbage. No wonder LeBron left us. LOL. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Won't someone please trade us a 2nd round pick for Cole? Doesn't anyone want our trash? They can take Napier too, while they're at it. Our guard rotation outside of Wade and Deng is awfulsauce. PEACE.

Edit: Oh snap! Money and Pacman were talking face2face at tonight's game. Miami still got that star power.

Outside of Bosh and Whiteside, everyone else we're putting on the court is absolute garbage. No wonder LeBron left us. LOL. PEACE.

Granger played well and Chalmers had a really good game. I mean when Deng is out and Dwade gets hurt, what do you expect? Our defense has been pretty good lately, (even tonight) the Bucks just had better offense, and hit some pretty tough shots in the second half.

The Heat have a decent schedule after Friday, and if Dwade comes back healthy they can certainly make up some ground on the 6th spot.

I'm not sure how long you have been a Heat fan, but they have been a better second half team the past several seasons. (see the 03-04, 04-05, 05-06, 06-07, 09-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13, 13-14 teams). Don't give up on them yet!

Won't someone please trade us a 2nd round pick for Cole? Doesn't anyone want our trash? They can take Napier too, while they're at it. Our guard rotation outside of Wade and Deng is awfulsauce. PEACE.

Edit: Oh snap! Money and Pacman were talking face2face at tonight's game. Miami still got that star power.

Apparently Pistons are interested in Cole for whatever reason. Talk about being desperate.

Top Bottom