• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

Klay missing technical free throws. Not liking this game so far.

edit: Curry going into the locker room during that timeout....

Cloudy

Banned
GS just isn't very impressive when they aren't hitting 3s. I feel they'd beat any EC team in a series but I don't think they can win the WC

Fjordson

GS just isn't very impressive when they aren't hitting 3s. I feel they'd beat any EC team in a series but I don't think they can win the WC
Offense isn't the problem. 54 points on 49% shooting (and GS is third in the league in points in the paint). We're just really small without Bogut. 14 to 3 in second chance points, 10 to 2 in offensive rebounds in favor of Chicago.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Their overall shooting % seems fine, but aren't all their bigs out due to injury or illness? It's more their defense at the moment from the looks of it.

Well, those 3's going down are awful important, look at the Cavs finally hitting theirs now that JR has joined, and LeBron is healthy again.

Fjordson

Their overall shooting % seems fine, but aren't all their bigs out due to injury or illness? It's more their defense at the moment from the looks of it.
Yeah, getting a little beat up inside. Draymond can get away with being undersized next to Bogut, but not so much with Speights or Lee. Especially when the other team's power forward is 7'0" like Gasol.

If their bigs are healthy they can win the whole thing going away even with the WC being a giant slugfest

the main question is, are their bigs gonna be healthy?

Cloudy

Banned
Well, those 3's going down are awful important, look at the Cavs finally hitting theirs now that JR has joined, and LeBron is healthy again.

True. Just not sure this GS team will be able to grind out wins vs. top tier teams when they don't have the momentum. Waaaay too many jumpers

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If their bigs are healthy they can win the whole thing going away even with the WC being a giant slugfest

I want to see how they do in the playoffs. Players get so tight and defenses go lockdown. Good thing is that they have 2 players with ice water on their veins.

Yeah, good question. They have some nice ones, as do the Bulls. Makes me wish Varejao didn't go down on us, but then, we probably wouldn't have Mozgov. Hopefully Cavs can still swing a deal or a find a diamond in the rough as a backup.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, if Bogut gets seriously hurt we are fucked against a team like Memphis.

Even with Bogut, I don't like their chances vs. a healthy Memphis team. The way Z-Bo punished Chandler tonight, I don't see how you beat that team without bigs who can score. Z-Bo and Gasol cannot be allowed to coast on defense...

Fjordson

Even with Bogut, I don't like their chances vs. a healthy Memphis team. The way Z-Bo punished Chandler tonight, I don't see how you beat that team without bigs who can score. Z-Bo and Gasol cannot be allowed to coast on defense...
We played them close in Memphis without Bogut. If we keep homecourt advantage and have Bogut then I wouldn't be shocked if we won. And Draymond wouldn't be able to shut down Randolph, but he had 5 blocks in Memphis. He can play him tough.

As for defense, I don't think either would be able to fully coast. Bogut is constantly coming up top initiating offense, making his man help when Klay and Curry rub off his screens. And with Draymond we sometimes run pick & pop to get him open 3's (though that's not always dependable offense).

I could see Memphis being favored, just think GS could play with them.

Cloudy

Banned
As for defense, I don't think either would be able to fully coast. Bogut is constantly coming up top initiating offense, making his man help when Klay and Curry rub off his screens. And with Draymond we sometimes run pick & pop to get him open 3's (though that's not always dependable offense).

I think you need a guy getting lots of touches inside to get fouls on those guys. Their offense is way too efficient to allow them to just clog the paint on defense...

Fjordson

That pass by curry. Whew.
Yeah had me like
ooh.png
on the replay.

Cloudy

Banned
At this point, Klay is too good for Steph to get MVP if Harden keeps carrying the Rockets up the standings. I'd really hate to see a chickenshit flopper like the Beard get MVP tho lol

Top Bottom