• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zroid

Banned
Wiggins so gud

I'm getting really annoyed with the Raptors lately, just playing like crap most of the time. Haven't been watching the games much.

And Atlanta has just been ridiculous, I can't even explain what's going on there

Soonri

I could be wrong, but I don't think they've been in the top 10 all season.
Ever since the Rondo trade they've been in top 10. But Rondo wouldn't have stopped Steph tonight - he was swishing 30 footers that quarter.

Overall a fairly encouraging game for the Mavs. Parsons was excellent tonight - he earned that 15 million.

RBK

Banned
Gotcha.

I was about to question the validity of that page once I saw Charlotte was #2.

Rockets have slipped a bit then.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm so glad we have Whiteside under contract next season. Some dumb GM would have given him $15 million a year this offseason and our 2016 plan would be screwed.

I wish Norris Cole would be tied to a rocket and fired into the sun. The only explanation for his play is that he's a Cavs secret agent secretly loyal to his native Ohio.

maladroid

Well Brooks was traded for Dragic plus he returned a 2nd time as a backup, McHale was too stupid to start him since the Beverley train was still fresh at the moment.

Don't think we're able to get Howard with Lowry/Dragic on salary as well.
We chose Jeremy Lin ($25mil/3 years) over Dragic ($30mil/4 years).
We chose Jordan Hamilton over Brooks.
We chose to go after Carmelo and Bosh instead of focusing on Lowry.

The problem with our guards is two-fold. We have nobody to run the offense when Harden sits (and even when he does, he's too turnover prone). We have nobody to put pressure on Bev when he performs like crap. Jordan Hamilton is now in the D-League, and Brooks seems to eek out about as much offensive production as Bev coming off Chicago's bench.

Morey swings for the fences, and sometimes he gets it right, and sometimes he gets it wrong. I really hope he's got something going before the deadline in two weeks.

RBK

Banned
We chose Jeremy Lin ($25mil/3 years) over Dragic ($30mil/4 years).
We chose Jordan Hamilton over Brooks.
We chose to go after Carmelo and Bosh instead of focusing on Lowry.

The problem with our guards is two-fold. We have nobody to run the offense when Harden sits (and even when he does, he's too turnover prone). We have nobody to put pressure on Bev when he performs like crap. Jordan Hamilton is now in the D-League, and Brooks seems to eek out about as much offensive production as Bev coming off Chicago's bench.

Morey swings for the fences, and sometimes he gets it right, and sometimes he gets it wrong. I really hope he's got something going before the deadline in two weeks.

We didn't chose Lin over anyone, Dragic had already decided to sign with Phoenix well before because he didn't want to be Lowry's backup. Lowry was traded because whatever rift he had with McHale as well, leaving us with Lin as starting PG. Luckily Morey landed on Harden.

There was no PT for AB0 simply because of having 2 established PGs, he was a insurance signing from the start. We did him a favor with the Denver trade just to get him some minutes.

Personally don't think Lowry is worth 12 million, but he took the money(same with Bosh/Melo), plus Toronto was already a good situation.

We'll see, but like I said, there really isn't much of a open market for PGs that I'm aware of. I'm fine with Harden playing PG if we can get a 3/D SG.

from deadspin...
umedtfz1kfpxqozvtdyf.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Dunno how many times I've said in this thread we have the worst guard play in the entire league outside of Dwyane Wade but I'll say it again: every time our point guards suit up, a crime against humanity is committed on the basketball court and our point guards should be tried by the ICC in The Hague.

We've always known their playmaking ability was shit and That Guy From Akron covered that up. What's inexplicable is how they've regressed horribly hitting open 3s (and they still do get those shots even with That Guy From Akron gone) and how they lost all ability to play defense. We could literally do "run the point night" with a fan from the stands and the results would be no worse than the garbage these fucking sorry-ass bums produce night in and out.

The other night the shitheads went like, 1-20 from the field combined or something god awful like that. I was having a legitimate discussion at work that if you gave any one of us 20 shots to jack up, we'd hit one just out of luck, therefore matching their offensive production for that night, as a unit.

maladroid

We didn't chose Lin over anyone, Dragic had already decided to sign with Phoenix well before because he didn't want to be Lowry's backup. Lowry was traded because whatever rift he had with McHale as well, leaving us with Lin as starting PG. Luckily Morey landed on Harden.

There was no PT for AB0 simply because of having 2 established PGs, he was a insurance signing from the start. We did him a favor with the Denver trade just to get him some minutes.

Personally don't think Lowry is worth 12 million, but he took the money(same with Bosh/Melo), plus Toronto was already a good situation.

We'll see, but like I said, there really isn't much of a open market for PGs that I'm aware of. I'm fine with Harden playing PG if we can get a 3/D SG.
You're right about Lin. It's funny how things have transpired over the years, though. Dragic on a team with three PGs. Us giving the Lakers a 1st to take Lin. Lowry's comments over the summer about maturing and regretting what happened with McHale.

If you look at that Brooks trade as a favor to him, that feels a lot more palatable than the trade being about Hamilton bolstering our roster. I like Brooks. Seemed to have a soft spot for Houston, so I'm glad he's doing well. I'm just a bit bitter that we've gone from not being able to give PGs minutes, to having to recall rookies from the D-League because of our barrenness at that spot.

Does Mo Williams hate us? Do we hate him? He's available, I think. If we literally wanted James at the 1, then we might as well give that x-DMo-Brewer-Ariza-Harden lineup.

overcast

I don't know who the Rockets trade to get a PG. I bet if the Suns don't make the playoffs they might try making a move in the offseason. We shouldn't give up DMO though imo. He's the 3rd most important player on the team.
from deadspin...
umedtfz1kfpxqozvtdyf.gif
Holy fuck, the way that one of the coaches just sits all the way back and the coach next to him puts his face in his shoulders to cover the shame. This is art.

Bowser

Hornets with their 5th straight W tonight. Creeping towards .500

Hornets in 2015: 12-3 (.750). 4th best win percentage behind ATL, GSW, and MEM.

Think I'm gonna keep this game on my DVR for a long time.

So much fun seeing the Clips destroy themselves, Cavs putting in some nice work. Nice to see Love being worked in more too.

Top Bottom