• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
well, yeah, and then you get Minnesota, Boston and a Toronto team that's 9-8 in 2015 so far

Gotta get through the next 3 first.

The Wizards are easily the weakest of the 3. So I think they are the perfect team to try and bounce back against. The Warriors could be one of those beat us into shaking our confidence teams, but the Wizards are a team we should beat and still feel like it's a good win.

I'm pretty sure a doctor would have called that Grizz game at 101-94. Holy shit, Grizz are incredible. We've really become one of the more clutch teams in the league. In years past, we would give up a lead and take the L. Not this year!

my reaction when Cavaliers are starting to find their groove

zdgh9mdqvcx2t3afa0p7.jpg

overcast

Cavs and Grizz the hottest teams in the league now. Scary looking.

Tomorrows games are awful, but we're spoiled the next two days.

Wednesday:
Rockets vs. Bulls (ESPN)
Thunder vs. Pelicans (Huge playoff implications).
Mavericks vs. Warriors (ESPN)

Thursday:
Cavaliers vs. Clippers (TNT)
Suns vs. Blazers (TNT)

Wednesday:
Rockets vs. Bulls (ESPN)

Thursday:
Suns vs. Blazers (TNT)

Don't forget Wizards @ Hawks on Wednesday (in terms of its implications for Washington - and ultimately Cleveland)

overcast

Don't forget Wizards @ Hawks on Wednesday (in terms of its implications for Washington - and ultimately Cleveland)
Oh yeah, you're right.
Damn, didn't know this was Wednesday. Looks like Warriors have four games over the next five nights.

Seems like Memphis is coming on strong and we're regressing. Hope we can somehow hold onto the #1 seed.
I see you guys demolishing the Mavs. I could be wrong though.

Soonri

Damn, didn't know this was Wednesday. Looks like Warriors have four games over the next five nights.

Seems like Memphis is coming on strong and we're regressing. Hope we can somehow hold onto the #1 seed.

Dubs fans have no need to worry... Rondo is out with a broken face (THANKS RICHARD JEFFERSON!) and Devin Harris might have a bum ankle since Pekovic rolled over it tonight. Expect another drubbing of the Mavs.

That being said, if Carlisle pulls out a lineup of Monta/Aminu/Parsons/Dirk/Tyson or something then I'm hoping for a close game.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Whiteside goes out with 2 fouls in first quarter, Detroit goes on a 23-1 run while he sits.

Can we have Bosh and Whitside switch contracts? Whitside da real mvp of this basketball abortion of a team.

Pimpwerx

I'm embarrassed for the game of basketball when our guards play. Without Wade we are the ugliest team to watch. Bosh has a monster game doing it by himself, and our guards can't use that to get Whiteside or others going. This is just pitiful now. That all-star break can't get here soon enough. PEACE.

Wednesday:
Rockets vs. Bulls (ESPN)

Thursday:
Suns vs. Blazers (TNT)

My predictions. If KD isn't playing I'm going with Pelicans.

Bowser

Miami's loss drops them to 21-27. Charlotte, having won 11 of 14, is also 21-27. We have what we've always wanted, a flat-footed tie for 7th.

We're currently in 7th as we have both a better division and conference record (I think conf record is the tiebreaker that matters, not sure though).

I really hope the Cavs don't get the 2 seed because Charlotte's fucked going up against them (or the Hawks if we can't hold on to 7). If we can draw Toronto or Washington, I think we've got a decent shot to pull the upset, and a good chance to at least have a competitive series.

I'm embarrassed for the game of basketball when our guards play. Without Wade we are the ugliest team to watch. Bosh has a monster game doing it by himself, and our guards can't use that to get Whiteside or others going. This is just pitiful now. That all-star break can't get here soon enough. PEACE.

i mean look at this stat:

With star guard Brandon Jennings out with a season-ending injury, the Pistons’ starting backcourt of D.J. Augustin and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope outscored the Heat’s starting guards 43-1

Riley's got to do something about our guard situation. You could hide the fact that our guards were garbage by having Lebron or Wade bring the ball up court but with neither of them around right now it's glaringly obvious that our guards wouldn't even be competent starters on a D league team. Fuck it, give me 4 power forwards and whiteside because it's not like our guards are doing anything but play like ass.

ESPN article on Dub's defense

Couples of things..
1- I can't think of any other defensive player that can guard 1-4 as adeptly as Draymond Green does. Like ever..
2- Always thought Malone was the architect of our defense but it turned out to be Erman (the dude that secretly spied on Mark Jackson at the end). That was surprising as that changes my opinion of Malone quite a bit.

Fjordson

Couples of things..
1- I can't think of any other defensive player that can guard 1-4 as adeptly as Draymond Green does.
2- Always thought Malone was the architect of our defense but it turned out to be Erman (the dude that secretly spied on Mark Jackson at the end). That was surprising as that changes my opinion of Malone quite a bit.
Thanks for the link, some good stuff. I have some worries about the W's, but it's good to see our defense is still so good.

Also, I didn't know that about Erman either. I feel like I always used to hear that Malone was the defensive guru on Jackson's staff.

Thanks for the link, some good stuff. I have some worries about the W's, but it's good to see our defense is still so good.

Also, I didn't know that about Erman either. I feel like I always used to hear that Malone was the defensive guru on Jackson's staff.

Only concern I have is that we've regressed in team rebounds. Rebounding has always been a strength under Mark Jackson. I think we're near the bottom right now.

I remember Malone being the one who employed ICE ...but according to this article, he was all for showing on the screen and roll defense.

Soonri

Couples of things..
1- I can't think of any other defensive player that can guard 1-4 as adeptly as Draymond Green does. Like ever..

Shawn Marion was that guy until last year :(

Pimpwerx

Couples of things..
I think LeBron qualifies, when he cares, that is.

i mean look at this stat:

Riley's got to do something about our guard situation. You could hide the fact that our guards were garbage by having Lebron or Wade bring the ball up court but with neither of them around right now it's glaringly obvious that our guards wouldn't even be competent starters on a D league team. Fuck it, give me 4 power forwards and whiteside because it's not like our guards are doing anything but play like ass.
Only thing is, do we limit our cap space for 2016 just to grab a few seeds and a first round exit? I'm not sure I like that. Then again, I heard a stat today that our PG rotation is the single least productive position in the entire league. Out of all 150 positions, it is the worst. I don't know how we can fix it without spending some of that Durant money. PEACE.

gallery3.jpg

Pretty amazing for Draymond doe.

I never watched Rodman until he was on the Spurs then Bulls so I never recalled him guarding opposing PG's. But just from googling, I found it..

Shawn Marion was that guy until last year :(

Forgot about Matrix...I personally think Barnes' ceiling is Shawn Marion. Finish well without the ball, shoot 3's..and mix in strong rebounding and defense (Barnes certainly has the length, athleticism, corner 3 and body type to be that kind of player).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Smart is finding a way to be efficient despite the mediocre lines. He NEEDS to start attacking the basket, I heard he's capable, and from what I've seen he's got the physical ability. His stroke continues to improve.

edit- thread is at a crawl, but smart steal with the assist to young in transition! That's the future right there :0

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, but who's available?

I wanted to say RJax(Thunder) for PBev/Pelicans 1st, but Westbrook surely wouldn't be happy with the trade.

The league is pretty dry right now to be honest. Maybe they should trade for a D and 3 guy and have Harden run point?

edit- The celtics tank is in the gutter since dropping Jeff Green and Rondo. This is in a way a good thing and a bad thing. The top 5 seem good this year, but it shows there is something in these young guys. I'm surprised the mavs gave up Crowder. I don't think he's in the celts plans going forward, but he definitely could contribute off the bench. Marcus is legit on D he's gotta already be in the conversation for one of the top perimeter defenders. His shooting has also been fairly consistent since the rough start. Like I said they need him to start attacking. I'm also psyched to see them working James in. He seems like he knows how to score.

Pimpwerx

Hassan Whiteside is legit as fuck. Wow! 11/11 before getting cocky and taking b2b jumpers. It's going to be fun watching him reach his final form. He's still so raw, but this dude is a legit generational big. PEACE.

Top Bottom