• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

I don't see too many people siding with the Clips after the Griffin "oral sex prank" on one of the trainers.

I couldn't hear it exactly right but didn't Chuck say that Paul asked her if she was having "a tampax moment?" or something along those lines when he got his tech? I swear I heard Chuck say that but I'm not sure if he himself was talking about the ref or Paul.

Fjordson

Lmao. Clips are the worst and have been for a while. Paul has been a huge whiner for years, but I think any organization that has Doc Rivers as its coach and GM will have incessant bitching and complaining in their DNA as a team.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That Whiteside/Cole turnover from Wednesday might be the stupidest play I've ever seen.

Lmao. Clips are the worst and have been for a while. Paul has been a huge whiner for years, but I think any organization that has Doc Rivers as its coach and GM will have incessant bitching and complaining in their DNA as a team.

Speaking of DNA on their team, I had no idea Doc Rivers' kid is actually a player on the team.

Pays to be the GM to huh?

The only reason our guards weren't bad yesterday was because we had the day off. I fully expect Cole to get on his hands and knees to help Duncan do tomahawk jams while Chalmers clears the lane for them later tonight.

Tony Allen on playing defense...
lol.

Adam Silver on changing the current playoffs format.
This is one of the better comments about the article..
This is going to be very hard. (1) Many Eastern conference team owners will challenge this for now as it would hurt them; (2) there are many tv deals in place and I think TNT has the rights to the Western Conference Playoffs which are higher rated then the Eastern Conference playoffs. (3) Even if you take the teams with the best records after the division winners, you are still giving the Eastern Conference a better shot at getting in some mediocre teams due to the regular season format. Eastern conference teams play 52 games against other Eastern conference teams and 30 against the West, the west does the opposite. If the regular season does not change then many East teams have a chance to pile up more easy regular season wins. Best way to get competitive balance is to help the GMs become better all around.

If I were to decide I say go away with the conferences entirely. With that the scheduling has to re revamped too since as of current there is a bias of scheduling towards teams in you same division/conference. And then just go top 16 teams.

Bowser

I don't see too many people siding with the Clips after the Griffin "oral sex prank" on one of the trainers.

I couldn't hear it exactly right but didn't Chuck say that Paul asked her if she was having "a tampax moment?" or something along those lines when he got his tech? I swear I heard Chuck say that but I'm not sure if he himself was talking about the ref or Paul.

Check out these tweets:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 15m15 minutes ago
The Clippers have won 12 playoff games in 3 years. They act like they are 5-time champs. That's why the refs keep sticking it to them.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 14m14 minutes ago
@BillSimmons Call around on them, and you quickly discover/are reminded they are probably the most loathed team w/in the league.

dream

Ramona Shelburne is right. The only reason this is even an issue is because of the pronoun, giving people an easy opportunity to frame this as a story about a man bullying a strong independent woman who is just trying to work in a male-dominated field.

dream

Okay, after seeing the call in question, it does look like Lauren Holtkamp was using the opportunity of being on national television to establish herself as the Beyonce of referees. Reggie immediately picks up on it too.

It's a shame that we can't discuss what a self-aggrandizing call that was because of our male privilege.

Clippers are such mental midgets. Paul going off on a female ref? Smh
He ain't wrong about the calls. A few of them sucked and even the other two refs appeared to agree she blew one or two. Like Barkley said she's a decent ref which means she's as bad as the rest of them.

The "this business might not be for her" quip might be a bit strong since Joey Crawford is allowed to be a douche, but ESPN flaming up the story is hilarious.

Okay, after seeing the call in question, it does look like Lauren Holtkamp was using the opportunity of being on national television to establish herself as the Beyonce of referees. Reggie immediately picks up on it too.

It's a shame that we can't discuss what a self-aggrandizing call that was because of our male privilege.

Watch the whole game. She was mostly in the background, just like any other referee. That last technical in the video above cut off the ensuing conversation where both Reggie and Charles agreed the technical was warranted. Holtkamp was also not the only referee giving technicals. If you watched the game, you would have also noted Reggie and Charles admonishing the Clippers, basically saying "you might not agree with the technical, but you have to know the referees aren't putting up with any of your talk so just shut up and play."

dream

Of course the Clippers are whiny cunts who generally deserve every t they get. But the one in that video is absurd, the 2015 version of Joey Crawford t'ing up Timmy because he needed to feel like a man. The difference here is because CP3 had the gall to use a female pronoun to refer to a female referee, it's become a matter of sexism, when the real story is Lauren Holtkamp trying to make a name for herself as the Queen Bee of the NBA.

Beyonce-JTM-040292.jpg

960x540.jpg

RBK

Banned
The shit he gets away with...

CP3 one of the best, but he's dirty as hell. He grabs, holds, aggressively fouls and then flops too. I guess cuz he's so small and he has a likable perception that he thinks he can do whatever he wants.

And y'all want to call Beverley dirty...smh.

Gasol did sell that contact in the last video though.

Speaking of DNA on their team, I had no idea Doc Rivers' kid is actually a player on the team.

Pays to be the GM to huh?
Kyrie is dating Doc Rivers' daughter. Thanks r/nba...

I don't know if all the technical fouls were warranted, but the Clippers were getting out of control last night. They did end up restoring order to the game because all the starters got pulled.

Soonri

And y'all want to call Beverley dirty...smh.

Gasol did sell that contact in the last video though.

He had a torn abdomen muscle.

And Pat Beverly does play a bit dirty, but more so that he wants to get under your skin. I haven't seen him purposely try to injure people like CP3.

On the topic of the Clippers, as a former fan, I now hate them. I am originally from San Diego, and my dad and I used to go to Clips games at the old Sports Arena. I had all sorts of Clippers gear. Good times.

But the team behavior nowadays is just pathetic. They play dirty, that's all there is to it. They get in fights, they argue, flop, way more than any other team in the league. Blake Griffin acts like a frat boy on and off the court. I can't support them any more. I've moved on to the Warriors.

Owzers

Clippers are indeed the new Team Asshole. I was going to give it to the Rockets for the Dwight/Harden combo but after that last game they just worked so hard to get it.

Silver seems pretty serious about eliminating conferences and just letting the top 16 teams in the NBA make the playoffs. Eastern conference playoff teams with losing records, your days are numbered

RBK

Banned
Clippers are indeed the new Team Asshole. I was going to give it to the Rockets for the Dwight/Harden combo but after that last game they just worked so hard to get it.

For what?

On a side note, the current playoff format is better. Don't want to see 2 teams in the same conference playing each other in the Finals.

Owzers

For what?

On a side note, the current playoff format is better. Don't want to see 2 teams in the same conference playing each other in the Finals.

Dwight's attitude and Harden's reliance on flopping. It was a competition though, i know other players flop but Harden seems to play for the call too often.

Warriors can make up for that home loss against the Bulls if they can pull through today, but their offense has sure been lacking the first half the last few games

Fjordson

Warriors can make up for that home loss against the Bulls if they can pull through today, but their offense has sure been lacking the first half the last few games
Yeah, would love to get a huge win tonight, but we have been really up and down lately. If GS goes down by 15-20 to ATL like they did against the Mavs I'm not sure we'll be able to get back in it.

Cavs are going to be the number 1 seed in the east when it's all said and done.

10.5 games back with 31 to play (32 for Atlanta) is a tall order.

Let's put Cleveland on a 72-10 pace for the remaining games. They'd go 27-4, getting their record to 58-24 overall. Atlanta is sitting at 41-9, so they'd have to go no better than 17-15 down the stretch. If they'd win the tiebreaker, they'd have to go 16-16. Either way, they'd have to play .500 ball while Cleveland has to maintain the pace of the greatest team ever.

Edit: It would have to be a total second half collapse for Atlanta not to be the 1. Then again, I guess we did watch the Pacers fall apart last year.

Top Bottom