• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Well losing sucks, but I can't hate on GS's efforts too much. ATL is great and The Others went off.

Bench actually didn't play too bad...just more that the Hawks bench didn't miss 3's. Shooting is the ultimate equalizer. I feel like we need a real gunner off the bench.

Also, check out Draymond's statline... 12 points/19 boards and 6 assists...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeessss big win!

Also I think this game was not only good, but it brought some fire out of both teams. Dare I say some hatred was planted between Green and Horford.

Would be great to meet in the finals.

ATL 35 FT vs. 15 for Dubs, and they shot a way higher percentage. GW killed themselves there.

Also, even though mike scott and blazemore don't score a lot they're prime examples of guys who are definitely capable of putting up some good points any night in their system.

Fjordson

Bench actually didn't play too bad...just more that the Hawks bench didn't miss 3's. Shooting is the ultimate equalizer. I feel like we need a real gunner off the bench.

Also, check out Draymond's statline... 12 points/19 boards and 6 assists...
Yeah agreed, our bench was fine. ATL's just got crazy hot. Got dudes like Mike Scott scoring a point per minute and Bazemore going perfect from deep.

I don't think we need anything. Bench production like that doesn't happen most of the time. Hawks shot the ball better tonight across the board..

It's fine... games like these should light a fire under the W's to execute better (which TBH they've needed lately). Reminds me so much of the Spurs game at Oracle earlier in the season.

Great defense by Harden. That steal with a minute left was huge.

Also this drive by him was amazing. So nice.
But according to some here all he can do is shoot free throws and besides that he's an average player

http://gfycat.com/ArtisticOfficialChrysalis

Although I have to say there is definitley something wrong with the rockets despite them being the fourth best team in the leauge, I don't have the numbers but they probably by far give away the most 15+ point leads out of any of them. This shouldn't have been a close game, ah well.

Incredible night of basketball. I've watched like four games so far and they were all good. NBA overload. The league is so fun to watch right now.

dream

You know, if the ref's association is going to coddle a ref for being a woman and turn any criticism of her into thinly-veiled charges of sexism, maybe women really shouldn't be reffing in this league.

You know, if the ref's association is going to coddle a ref for being a woman and turn any criticism of her into thinly-veiled charges of sexism, maybe women really shouldn't be reffing in this league.

CP3 knew exactly what he was doing when he questioned whether or not she belongs in the NBA. Has he said that about any male ref ever? (Ill stand corrected if he has actually gone public about the suitability of a male ref to even be in the leage)

dream

CP3 knew exactly what he was doing when he questioned whether or not she belongs in the NBA. Has he said that about any male ref ever? (Ill stand corrected if he has actually gone public about the suitability of a male ref to even be in the leage)

The fact that this is the lady ref's first season makes a big difference though.

DominoKid

yeah he was shitting on a rookie ref that made a shit call. she'll learn.

it's not like she's the first nba female ref.

dream

Are you being serious here?

Absolutely. Look what the ref's union did with their statement. They made it entirely about Holtkamp's gender, and any criticism of her in the future is going to be deflected by charges of sexism.

Of course She Belongs. But that was never in question until the NBRA decided to make it about gender. She's no longer just a rookie ref who made a bad call. She's now the poor girl ref who's being bullied by men.

Absolutely. Look what the ref's union did with their statement. They made it entirely about Holtkamp's gender, and any criticism of her in the future is going to be deflected by charges of sexism.

Of course She Belongs. But that was never in question until the NBRA decided to make it about gender. She's no longer just a rookie ref who made a bad call. She's now the poor girl ref who's being bullied by men.

Can you direct me to the statement the NBRA made that dwells upon gender? One might exist and I do not want to deny it offhand, but all I can find are quotes that echo this particular tweet:

NBA Referees @OfficialNBARefs · 12h 12 hours ago
After review, the calls made by Ms. Holtkamp are fully justified. We deplore the unprofessional comments made by Chris Paul. #shebelongs

The media is blowing this up, I'll grant you that. But you come along and make ridiculous posts like this, this, and this. So again I ask, are you serious or are you just playing the role of a joke character. Because those posts? I could be wrong, but I find them utterly deplorable and misogynistic.

dream

Of course they're deplorable and misogynistic. That's what ESPN and the NBRA are inviting. ESPN by starting the ball rolling, explicitly suggesting that this was about gender. The NBRA with their ridiculous hash tag, suggesting that what they are defending is a woman's right to work as a referee in the NBA.

My problem with this is that by turning this into a issue of gender, this means Holtkamp's calls are effectively beyond reproach because anyone who dares to complain about them will be tagged with the same inaccurate labels of "sexist' and "misogynist" that CP3's being tarred with.

Top Bottom