• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

CP3 knew exactly what he was doing when he questioned whether or not she belongs in the NBA. Has he said that about any male ref ever? (Ill stand corrected if he has actually gone public about the suitability of a male ref to even be in the leage)
That's what I was wondering. Refs make bad calls every night in every NBA arena and the Clippers bitch and moan about said refs every game they play. But how often does CP 3 (or any star player) question a referee's entire career choice?

Crud

Banned
That's what I was wondering. Refs make bad calls every night in every NBA arena and the Clippers bitch and moan about said refs every game they play. But how often does CP 3 (or any star player) question a referee's entire career choice?

NEVER. So fuck CP3. Little fucker will never win a chip. He a bitch and so is the entire Clippers organization. A bunch of lil bitches.

Of course they're deplorable and misogynistic. That's what ESPN and the NBRA are inviting. ESPN by starting the ball rolling, explicitly suggesting that this was about gender. The NBRA with their ridiculous hash tag, suggesting that what they are defending is a woman's right to work as a referee in the NBA.

My problem with this is that by turning this into a issue of gender, this means Holtkamp's calls are effectively beyond reproach because anyone who dares to complain about them will be tagged with the same inaccurate labels of "sexist' and "misogynist" that CP3's being tarred with.

If that's your issue, then why the nonsense posts? It would be perfectly valid to say it's a rookie call from a rookie ref. Leave it at that. Decry the way it's covered, assert you don't believe Chris Paul had any sexist intent. I don't think he did, either. But the crap about Holtkamp self-aggrandizing? Wanting to be Beyonce? That's out of line and you certainly wouldn't have come away with that impression if you watched the game. She called 2 technicals and otherwise was barely noticed in the game. She was calm and collected, not show-boating, certainly not Joey Crawford (a male comparison you made). There were 3 other technicals called on the Clippers by the other refs. The Clippers were on a short leash, this entire story has likely been blown out of proportion because that's what the media does because they have 24 hours to fill. But that does not excuse nonsense posts like yours.

But that's just my two cents.

dream

If that's your issue, then why the nonsense posts? It would be perfectly valid to say it's a rookie call from a rookie ref. Leave it at that. Decry the way it's covered, assert you don't believe Chris Paul had any sexist intent. I don't think he did, either. But the crap about Holtkamp self-aggrandizing? Wanting to be Beyonce? That's out of line and you certainly wouldn't have come away with that impression if you watched the game. She called 2 technicals and otherwise was barely noticed in the game. She was calm and collected, not show-boating, certainly not Joey Crawford (a male comparison you made). There were 3 other technicals called on the Clippers by the other refs. The Clippers were on a short leash, this entire story has likely been blown out of proportion because that's what the media does because they have 24 hours to fill. But that does not excuse nonsense posts like yours.

But that's just my two cents.

Sure, but the technical in question--the one CP3 complained about and was dubbed sexist for doing so--was ridiculous, and very much in line with the infamous technical called on Timmy. CP3's contention is that it was Holtkamp being oversensitive (and Reggie went a step further by calling it dramatic), and it certainly looked like that was the case. That's fine, NBA refs suck. CP3 whines. Shit happens. My point is that if people want this to be about gender and not just a ref making a bad call, then let's look at how insulting and ridiculous what they're actually saying is. Not just to CP3, but also to Holtkamp, who should be defended by the union as a referee, not as a woman.

Sure, but the technical in question--the one CP3 complained about and was dubbed sexist for doing so--was ridiculous, and very much in line with the infamous technical called on Timmy. CP3's contention is that it was Holtkamp being oversensitive (and Reggie went a step further by calling it dramatic), and it certainly looked like that was the case. That's fine, NBA refs suck. CP3 whines. It happens. My point is that if people want this to be about gender and not just a ref making a bad call, then let's look at how insulting and ridiculous what they're actually saying is. Not just to CP3, but also to Holtkamp, who should be defended by the union as a referee, not as a woman.

OK, so to be clear, your response to what you think is an unfair focus on gender is to make ridiculous, misogynistic posts where you leap to all kinds of conclusions that aren't supported by the actual game as broadcasted, and you further take issue when the ref's union responds to Chris Paul, who said (paraphrase) "the call was bad and maybe she doesn't belong here," with (paraphrase) "we agree with the call and she actually does belong here," as you think that 140-or-less character statement focuses too much on gender. Got it.

I'll again say that if you had an issue with how it is being covered, you could have simply said precisely that, because your apparent attempts at being clever failed badly. I'll leave it at that, particularly since I'm the only one harping on it, so there is the distinct possibility perhaps I'm making too much of it. Indeed, I hope I am.

You ever get so excited that you literally turn into a pelican? Monty Williams does.

RecklessVapidLarva.gif

D'oh. I knew the Pacers would play the Cavs real hard. They gotta get Kevin Love more involved, 5 points from him barring injury is unacceptable. Hopefully the All-star Break helps him out,

D'oh. I knew the Pacers would play the Cavs real hard. They gotta get Kevin Love more involved, 5 points from him barring injury is unacceptable. Hopefully the All-star Break helps him out,

Giving up 36 points in the fourth undoubtedly hurt more than Love's production. But streaks end, and the Cavs should be able to avoid starting a losing streak since they have the Lakers next.

Giving up 36 points in the fourth undoubtedly hurt more than Love's production. But streaks end, and the Cavs should be able to avoid starting a losing streak since they have the Lakers next.

Damn I didn't realize the 4th was that bad. That's awful to see after the great defensive improvements they've made. Still think only 5 from Love without him leaving the game is unacceptable.

Let's see how they rebound from this going forward.

Jonm1010

Banned
I bet AD will start shooting 3s next season, he had the stroke.

I hope he does but worry he won't. The guy can flat out shoot but Monty is such an old school coach that I think he will want AD to work mostly on back to the basket stuff. Which i think is good but he really has the ability to be the most complete big man, possibly ever. And I think he has the potential to be a top tier catch and shoot 3 pointer just like he is right now as a catch and shoot 2 point player.

Plus I just imagine him at the three point line pump faking a slow 4 or 5 and driving for a dunk. That shit would be deadly.

overcast

Holy shit. I had to work tonight. Went through the highlights. Missed some great games, and the Rockets won :]

Rubio, AD and the Hawks. Damn.

fertygo

I hope he does but worry he won't. The guy can flat out shoot but Monty is such an old school coach that I think he will want AD to work mostly on back to the basket stuff. Which i think is good but he really has the ability to be the most complete big man, possibly ever. And I think he has the potential to be a top tier catch and shoot 3 pointer just like he is right now as a catch and shoot 2 point player.

Plus I just imagine him at the three point line pump faking a slow 4 or 5 and driving for a dunk. That shit would be deadly.

Pels seem ready to fire Monty 2 week ago, are they backpedaling again after recent result?

joedan

What's that black thing I see NBA players wearing on their shoulders these days? I see Anthony Davis and James Harden wearing it.

Damn I didn't realize the 4th was that bad. That's awful to see after the great defensive improvements they've made. Still think only 5 from Love without him leaving the game is unacceptable.

Let's see how they rebound from this going forward.

well, it also doesn't help that they could only muster 15 points in the third quarter

on the bright side, the bulls and wizards have very losable games today in addition to cleveland's next game being at home against this dumpster fire of a lakers team

(also on the bright side: the break is only one week away)

well, it also doesn't help that they could only muster 15 points in the third quarter

on the bright side, the bulls and wizards have very losable games today in addition to cleveland's next game being at home against this dumpster fire of a lakers team

(also on the bright side: the break is only one week away)

Every game for the Bulls is "very losable" right now until they pull their heads out of their asses. Not sure if you watch many Bulls games, but I'll tell you they've been horrendous for the last 15 games save for a few wins that come out of nowhere like the Mavs, Spurs, and Warriors. But those have proven to be exceptions to the rule. They are just plain bad right now.

The Hawks are so legit this year. And the scary thing is that they will probably get a lottery pick in next year's draft since they can trade their first round pick with the Nets, unprotected. If Nets win the first pick, it's the Hawks who would get Okafor.

I think the Nets will finish around 10th or 11th in the East, given how tough the rest of their schedule is, which would give the Hawks the 9th or 10th pick barring not winning one of the first three picks.

The Net's have such a horrible GM. How do you give away the power to trade first round picks with the Nets in both 2014 and 2015 while also taking on the huge salary dump that was Joe Johnson?

The Hawks are so legit this year. And the scary thing is that they will probably get a lottery pick in next year's draft since they can trade their first round pick with the Nets, unprotected. If Nets win the first pick, it's the Hawks who would get Okafor.

I think the Nets will finish around 10th or 11th in the East, given how tough the rest of their schedule is, which would give the Hawks the 9th or 10th pick barring not winning one of the first three picks.

The Net's have such a horrible GM. How do you give away the power to trade first round picks with the Nets in both 2014 and 2015 while also taking on the huge salary dump that was Joe Johnson?

Its something I worry about the Mavs future as well after Dirk retires. Cubes gives draft picks away like their candy.

Anybody know of any way I can watch the Lakers Cavs game on the internet for free? Like how you were able to do with the Super Bowl.

EDIT: Only if it comes from a completely legal stream, such as what NBC did with the Super Bowl.

If it's NBC or an official NBA sanctioned network that you can stream from or NBA league pass that's fine. You can only get in trouble for talking about non official sites I think.

Yeah, this is the only stream I will accept and use. I don't trust anything else.

EDIT: Alright, I'll see if my...uh, student MU (yes, really) will be showing it. There's always sports being shown there.

Only the Knicks can go on a 16-0 run in the 4th quarter, holding their opponents scoreless for more than half the quarter, and still lose by 14

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is why I'm not the biggest fan of lobs, looks pretty when it works but man can it go so wrong. I'm surprised there hasn't been more injuries from it tbh.

Has nothing to do with lobs, but with trying to hang on the rim.

Top Bottom