• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Cavs don't play the Hawks again until March 6th. It'll be interesting to see how the seemingly reenergized Cavs do against the Hawks now. I would still take the Hawks over Cavs in a best of 7.

Blablurn

Dat Love
QVPSZuL.png

Eh...nah. Not anymore. We got Randle, and I want to get either Okafor or Towns in the draft. So there won't be any room for Love anymore.

Randle is far from a sure thing. My ideal FA get would be Marc Gasol but he's probably more than a long shot. We need to get a ball handling guard bad in the draft. Mudiay or maybe D'Angelo Russell.

Soonri

Randle is far from a sure thing. My ideal FA get would be Marc Gasol but he's probably more than a long shot. We need to get a ball handling guard bad in the draft. Mudiay or maybe D'Angelo Russell.

Why not take a bid on Reggie Jackson then? Lakers could probably get him at 9-10m, which isn't bad... unless you want Tobias Harris?

JNA

Banned

Randle is going to continue to be far from a sure thing if he doesn't get the minutes. He was a lottery pick who is imo the best player from that draft. Give him the keys to start the engine yo. Before he got injured, the guy was playing excellent in the pre season.

Point guards are a dime a dozen. And after Exum, I don't trust oversees point guards. We can easily sign Reggie Jackson and I would love that. Marc Gasol will never come here.

Also please hell no on Russell. That guy has bust written all over him imo. Nor do we need him. Give me a future front court any day with Okafor or Towns. A Randle and Okafor/Towns future is scary my man.

Randle is going to continue to be far from a sure thing if he doesn't get the minutes. He was a lottery pick who is imo the best player from that draft. Give him the keys to start the engine yo. Before he got injured, the guy was playing excellent in the pre season.

Point guards are a dime a dozen. And after Exum, I don't trust oversees point guards. We can easily sign Reggie Jackson and I would love that. Marc Gasol will never come here.

Also please hell no on Russell. That guy has bust written all over him imo. Nor do we need him. Give me a future front court any day with Okafor or Towns. A Randle and Okafor/Towns future is scary my man.

Okafor won't play enough D to pair with Randle. That will be a disaster. You sign the best players you can when they become available. You can still let Randle develop and, if you have Love, he becomes a potential trade chip if he gets better. Keep your options open rather than just assuming Randle is going to develop into this franchise PF. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he becomes something in-between.

Also Muduiay is from Texas he just played the year in China instead of college.

JNA

Banned
Okafor won't play enough D to pair with Randle. That will be a disaster. You sign the best players you can when they become available. You can still let Randle develop and, if you have Love, he becomes a potential trade chip if he gets better. Keep your options open rather than just assuming Randle is going to develop into this franchise PF. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he becomes something in-between.

Also Muduiay is from Texas he just played the year in China instead of college.

Trade chip? I don't see the logic in that. Waste big money on a player we will have to trade later when Randle becomes really good?

Okafor is fine defensively. He will get better just like how Davis got better. Davis in a lot of people's minds in the draft was questionable because of his really small hands and questioned if he will even be that good offensively. Okafor is going to be a star, he will be fine.

Keep options open, you're absolutely right. That's why we keep Tarik Black for example and let him back up Randle. Love is not nor will ever be the answer. Especially the year he is playing with Lebron and Irving.

Yeah, which makes now makes him an oversees player does it not? Muduiay is WAY too big of a gamble. Just give me Towns if not Okafor and I will be happy.

Reggie Jackson isn't a real point and anybody who gives him a good amount of money is a sucker in my opinion

Didn't Reggie Jackson average 20 and 10 as a starter when Westbrook was injured? He seems to play point guard just fine. Also there are hardly any "real" point guards in the league anymore. It's becoming a dying breed sadly.

Why not take a bid on Reggie Jackson then? Lakers could probably get him at 9-10m, which isn't bad... unless you want Tobias Harris?

This guy gets it.

Also why not both? Reggie Jackson and Tobais Harris would be an incredible signing.

Reggie Jackson
Kobe Bryant
Tobais Harris
Julias Randle
Okafor/Towns

Suddenly we have a freaking team right there. And once Kobe plays his last year next season, along with his big contract gone, we can fill that void at SG long term.

Trade chip? I don't see the logic in that. Waste big money on a player we will have to trade later when Randle becomes really good?

Okafor is fine defensively. He will get better just like how Davis got better. Davis in a lot of people's minds in the draft was questionable because of his really small hands and questioned if he will even be that good offensively. Okafor is going to be a star, he will be fine.

Keep options open, you're absolutely right. That's why we keep Tarik Black for example and let him back up Randle. Love is not nor will ever be the answer. Especially the year he is playing with Lebron and Irving.

Yeah, which makes now makes him an oversees player does it not? Muduiay is WAY too big of a gamble. Just give me Towns if not Okafor and I will be happy.

Didn't Reggie Jackson average 20 and 10 as a starter when Westbrook was injured? He seems to play point guard just fine. Also there are hardly any "real" point guards in the league anymore. It's becoming a dying breed sadly.

This guy gets it.

Also why not both? Reggie Jackson and Tobais Harris would be an incredible signing.

Reggie Jackson
Kobe Bryant
Tobais Harris
Julias Randle
Okafor/Towns

Suddenly we have a freaking team right there. And once Kobe plays his last year next season, along with his big contract gone, we can fill that void at SG long term.

I meant that Randle becomes the trade chip, not Love. I guess it all boils down to how you feel about Randle. You seem really high on him. Even before the injury (and leading up to the draft) I was not. I think he can become a good player, but I don't even see him being elite. I'm not so sure you can pencil him in as an automatic the way you are.

I guess it boils down to the fact that this team has some pretty big needs across the board and can fill them in two ways: Draft or free agency. I'd rather they go after big name PF/C guys in free agency (Love, Gasol) and use the draft pick on a back court player, rather than go after backcourt guys with our cap space and end up with Reggie Jackson or Rajon Rondo.

Nice to see Love rebound with a nice game. They need to get him more involved on the road games too, hope this is a catalyst for that.

Also, Looks like LeBron's wrist is fine. Time to give Miami some payback.

JNA

Banned
I meant that Randle becomes the trade chip, not Love. I guess it all boils down to how you feel about Randle. You seem really high on him. Even before the injury (and leading up to the draft) I was not. I think he can become a good player, but I don't even see him being elite. I'm not so sure you can pencil him in as an automatic the way you are.

I guess it boils down to the fact that this team has some pretty big needs across the board and can fill them in two ways: Draft or free agency. I'd rather they go after big name PF/C guys in free agency (Love, Gasol) and use the draft pick on a back court player, rather than go after backcourt guys with our cap space and end up with Reggie Jackson or Rajon Rondo.

Trade Randle? Why? He just turned 20 years old. Why even sign or a keep a guy who is 7 years older? Especially when we know Love is even a worse defender than either Randle or Okafor and his offense is becoming really streaky. It just makes no sense to me. Also this is even assuming that Love wants to even sign with the Lakers. That's not a sure thing with Kobe here too especially.

My gut is, keep Randle and keep developing him. We don't waste that year for nothing by suddenly getting rid of him. We need a to build a team. With this CBA, simply chasing after players is not going to work anymore. We live or die with guys like Randle and Okafor/Towns, and I'm ok with that. As long as we actually build a team for real this time.

Reggie Jackson is young and is very good from what I have seen from him when he starts. Rondo is a complete waste though. A guy turning 30 who we now know is only above average at best. His stint with Dallas right now proves that.

The MOST important thing imo to building a team is a good front court. Just give me a center like Okafor or Towns in this draft and I will be one happy guy! :D Than let the future run its course.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Smart attacked the basket 2 times in as many possessions last night. Once to the left hand. He has the ability to do that and finish through contact, not sure why he's being so reserved.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Knicks owner James Dolan lashes out at fan in email, "Start rooting for the Nets "because the Knicks don't want you."

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

This is why the Knicks are the worst franchise in sports, because of this shitheel of an owner.

RBK

Banned
So we get potentially only 2 weeks of D12 before the playoffs(if we stay afloat).

All I can say is thank you for some of these injuries.

JNA

Banned
Wolves win again! Lakers now only 2 wins ahead of 2nd worst.

Although the game against the Nuggets is going to be a tough one. XD

overcast

I would say there is definitely some merit to the complaints.

People haven't watched him much the past month or two. Whatever though.

smh Paul... You asked for this burn.. That was too easy for KD. lol.

fuckin league pass..both Rox-blazers and rap-spurs are blocked in my area. ;_;

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Knicks owner James Dolan lashes out at fan in email, "Start rooting for the Nets "because the Knicks don't want you."

This is why the Knicks are the worst franchise in sports, because of this shitheel of an owner.
I was surprised to know Dolan is sober for 21 years now. The way hes been running the Knicks you would think he is mentally impaired.

Super inconsistent game by the rockets. Had multiple opportunities to take control of the game in the fourth quarter but then resorted to constantly taking three pointers and missing them. We just didn't have any fire coming into tonight and the only person (yet again) that was going above and beyond was Harden.

Top Bottom