• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

maladroid

It's going to be interesting if Harden can keep up with great performances or if all the weight being on his shoulder allows teams to just focus on him (as they should). That's what worries me.

Also why I would be surprised if we finished top 5. 6-7 seed I think.
Against the Top 12 teams in the NBA (by record, who are all .600 or above), we are:
- 8-12 (.400) overall
- 2-9 (.182) when Harden shoots below 45% from the field
- 3-10 (.300) when he attempts less than 7 free throws
- 4-9 (.308) when he has less than 7 assists
- 3-6 (.333) when has less than 21 points

With those four conditions (<45% FG%, <7 AST, <7 FTAs, <21 points), we are:
- 0-3 (.000) when all 4 are met (Chicago, Golden State, Memphis)
- 0-3 (.000) when 3 are met (Atlanta, Clippers twice)
- 4-3 (.571)* when 2 are met (Wins*: Dallas twice, San Antonio, Memphis Losses: Golden State twice, Washington)
- 2-3 (.400) when 1 is met (Wins: Cleveland, Memphis Losses: Golden State, Portland and San Antonio)
- 2-0 (1.00) when 0 are met (Portland and Memphis)

Harden's level of play lets us beat the teams we should (for the most part), but against the very good teams, he can't do it on his own. With Howard, we're somehow slightly worse at 4-7 (.364). I could have saved a lot of time if I just looked at our wins.

In that group, we've beaten: A Dunleavy-less Chicago, A LeBron-less Cleveland, Portland missing Aldridge and Lopez, San Antonio missing Duncan and Ginobli, Dallas, and Memphis twice (once without Randolph, and the other our best win of the season).

If Morey doesn't do anything significant by the deadline, our only hope of doing anything in the playoffs is by getting a matchup against Dallas (and even then, they're a different team during the playoffs). The Brewer addition was nice, but I really hope he's got something else brewing.

East:
Hawks
Raptors
Cavs
Bulls

West:
Warriors
Grizzlies
Portland
Spurs

I would like to see the Rockets make the top 4, but I think the Spurs are about to turn it on. It's so tough to call in the West, insanely close. 2 games max separate seeds 3-7 right now. Wtf.

Cavs really need that 2/3 spot if the are serious about making the Finals.

Raptors willing to trade TRoss,only reason to keep Ross at this point is for next year AS dunk contest. He is so inconsistent and he can be replaced for his defense by a cheap wing defender.

Soonri

I don't know how to feel about this.

As a backup for 15-20 minutes? I'm in. He can run a couple of Dirk's post up plays as well as the pick and roll. He'll probably play 4 and a little bit of center. I was in on Greg Smith when the season started but I don't think the Mavs like him much anymore.

Later Amare. I actually liked the guy, even though it was a really shitty contract. When those knees worked, he was a beast.

Hope he can chip somewhere.

Surprised Larry Legend hasn't inquired about Dragic. If Dragic commits to them long term, a Dragic and PG( who plays some 2 if Hill is PG) backcourt would be insane.

Meier

"I don't watch anymore just check box score"

"how dare the people who watch and play against these guys pick somebody over someone who I don't watch!"
Well played. But realistically, Vucevic is having much better seasons than all 3 and should be rewarded for his continual improvement. He has the 4th best PER of any regular player in the East.

The coach should not be the deciding factor. Leave it up to all the GMs or the press to pick the non-starters. They need to make the rosters bigger otherwise because homerism shouldn't decide who is having the best season.

Michael Wilbon is such a tool. He thinks KD is mad at the media because the players don't get to vote for the Hall of Fame or end of season awards. I used to like PTI so much but now it's just two out of touch old men yelling at each other.

edit: Now he says that LeBron would "crush" Lavine in a dunk contest because LeBron "knows the history of the dunk contest" and Lavine just did the same dunks over and over.

Well played. But realistically, Vucevic is having much better seasons than all 3 and should be rewarded for his continual improvement. He has the 4th best PER of any regular player in the East.

The coach should not be the deciding factor. Leave it up to all the GMs or the press to pick the non-starters. They need to make the rosters bigger otherwise because homerism shouldn't decide who is having the best season.

"The coach" didn't pick 4 Hawks. All the coaches in the league picked 3 Hawks to the east roster. The commissioner picked the 4th Hawk after Dwyane Wade pulled out of the game. All the Hawks coach controls, as the coach of the east, is who starts when another starter pulls out of the game.

"The coach" didn't pick 4 Hawks. All the coaches in the league picked 3 Hawks to the east roster. The commissioner picked the 4th Hawk after Dwyane Wade pulled out of the game. All the Hawks coach controls, as the coach of the east, is who starts when another starter pulls out of the game.

Yeah Silver says he just picked the next guy on the list based on the coaches voting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps supposedly looking at Ross for David West for some reason.

I don't think the Raps can afford him, he has a 12 million dollar contract next season.

Raptors willing to trade TRoss,only reason to keep Ross at this point is for next year AS dunk contest. He is so inconsistent and he can be replaced for his defense by a cheap wing defender.

Who? It's way too early to give up on Ross. The view on Ross is getting skewed right now because the Raps are playing a lot better than what we all expected.

Either way I don't see Ross getting moved at the deadline, if he was getting moved that's an offseason thing.

Bowser

Fjordson

Looking forward to the second half of the season, been a good one so far.

Little worried about my Warriors, but we'll see how they hold up down the stretch.

HabeeNo

In79WVX.png

Bye Amar'e. Had those knees been fine, we'd be good :(

Now watch he go to another team and be a contender for 6th man of the year T_T

In79WVX.png

Bye Amar'e. Had those knees been fine, we'd be good :(

Now watch he go to another team and be a contender for 6th man of the year T_T

That run where he was MVP level was so sick, will never ever forget it.

Shame his knees gave out, was a HoF player otherwise. Hope he gets his chip.

Soonri

Him and Nash in their prime in PHX were so much fun to watch.

He was also the most terrifying big man I felt the Mavs faced in the 2000s (aside from Shaq... let's not talk about him). Tim Duncan was the best, but I always felt like the Mavs played the Spurs well enough so that they could beat them. Amar'e basically scared me like Westbrook can do.

Luckily for the Mavs, the head trainer spent a year in Phoenix when Nash and D'Antoni had just started their run so he's familiar with Amar'e.

Cavs need to get off their asses at add a backup big! We need the depth, and maybe a real backup PG. Still not crazy about Ray Allen.

Real talk.

I have a feeling Moz is going to have more games where he can't stay out of foul trouble. Against the Bulls in particular. Haywood just can't back him up, and Thompson is a little too weak for the C position. He's a PF through and through. It's really unfortunate we lost Andy. Not that he was a very good rim protector either, but he was better at it than Thompson.

Real talk.

I have a feeling Moz is going to have more games where he can't stay out of foul trouble. Against the Bulls in particular. Haywood just can't back him up, and Thompson is a little too weak for the C position. He's a PF through and through. It's really unfortunate we lost Andy. Not that he was a very good rim protector either, but he was better at it than Thompson.

is dalembert still any good? god knows we could use him at that backup center spot over haywood's corpse

Real talk.

Exactly, we can't put all our marbles on being able to simply outscore these teams especially on the road.

Been waiting for them to sign Dalembert not sure what they're waiting for. Hopefully Griffin can wrap a nice bow on an otherwise great overhaul of the roster.

Michael Wilbon is such a tool. He thinks KD is mad at the media because the players don't get to vote for the Hall of Fame or end of season awards. I used to like PTI so much but now it's just two out of touch old men yelling at each other.

edit: Now he says that LeBron would "crush" Lavine in a dunk contest because LeBron "knows the history of the dunk contest" and Lavine just did the same dunks over and over.

I recall Lebron in the high school dunk contest when he wasn't much younger than Lavine, and he wasn't that impressive.

I have to give the PTI duo props for remembering that Wilt was the most impressive athlete in NBA history though. We will all likely be dead before we see another monster like that come along.

Top Bottom