• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

HabeeNo

I think the Lakers will snag Dragic. Knicks have nothing to offer, and I don't see the Heat making the move.

Praying that the Knicks do not give up the first round draft pick

I think the Lakers will snag Dragic. Knicks have nothing to offer, and I don't see the Heat making the move.

Praying that the Knicks do not give up the first round draft pick

Lakers have about as much to offer as the Heat or Knicks. NOt sure why NY or LA are even after him. Just sign him in the offseason it's not like you are looking to win games now.

Fjordson

Lakers have about as much to offer as the Heat or Knicks. NOt sure why NY or LA are even after him. Just sign him in the offseason it's not like you are looking to win games now.
That's what I was thinking. He'll be a free agent this summer, right? Better to try and entice him then as opposed to winning some meaningless games with him now.

That's what I was thinking. He'll be a free agent this summer, right? Better to try and entice him then as opposed to winning some meaningless games with him now.

I know the teams figure "if we have his rights it gives us an edge on resigning him" but honestly, the Lakers and Knicks are so bad it could have the opposite effect. By the time free agency hits he might want to get the fuck outta town after experiencing 30 games of tank.

Sandfox

There are benefits to getting him now but it depends on what you would have to give up in the process. The Lakers probably aren't going to trade for him though unless the Suns get desperate or something.
I know the teams figure "if we have his rights it gives us an edge on resigning him" but honestly, the Lakers and Knicks are so bad it could have the opposite effect. By the time free agency hits he might want to get the fuck outta town after experiencing 30 games of tank.
Dragic believes that the Lakers and Knicks will be in the playoffs soon and wants the perks that comes with being an international player in big markets like LA and NY.
Media dudes reporting that Suns are willing to trade Isaiah Thomas in an attempt to convince Dragic to stay. Man what a mess.

He said that it doesn't matter and he's leaving even if they trade Thomas.

Wonder if Dallas Mavs are regretting trading for Rondo over possibly getting Dragic.

well they certainly shouldn't be. one of these 2 is a former NBA champion that plays his best ball in the playoffs and has been a monster against the best teams in the world.

The other is hoping to make the playoffs for what? The first time?

Give me the guy who has proven he can perform when it really matters all day.

Tom Penny

well they certainly shouldn't be. one of these 2 is a former NBA champion that plays his best ball in the playoffs and has been a monster against the best teams in the world.

Rondo has been flat out average since his knee injury.

Fjordson

yep. the trust is gone.
Damn. Just saw it "I don't trust them anymore".

I wonder what Dragic will look like without other point guards around him. Feel like he could be a disappointment after some team gives him a huge contract.

Not that he isn't really good, but just doesn't jump out at me as great (save for last season maybe).

Damn. Just saw it "I don't trust them anymore".

I wonder what Dragic will look like without other point guards around him. Feel like he could be a disappointment after some team gives him a huge contract.

Not that he isn't really good, but just doesn't jump out at me as great (save for last season maybe).

He will look like last year and potential all star candidate.

Come on dude Dragic(in his prime so Houston to PHX) has rarely played with the talent Rondo has had to work with.

Tom Penny

I think it's reasonable to assume that he will get his health back and be a fucking problem for years to come in Dallas. Doesn't matter how average he's been; you just need him healthy for the playoff run, bruh.

He's been trash in Dallas bruh. Hasn't seen a playoff game in 3 years pre-injury. It's called decline.

Soonri

He's been trash in Dallas bruh. Hasn't seen a playoff game in 3 years pre-injury. It's called decline.

His defense has been what the Mavs were hoping for, and that's fine. He still has time to work on getting familiar with everyone. My only gripe is that he can't hit a goddamn free throw, otherwise Rondo has been what I expected.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Goran's brother, Zoran being on the same team gives them tons of opportunities to troll the media with trade talk.

Bowser

Suns want a young player with All-Star potential and one, possibly two, first round picks for Dragic per Woj.

For a guy that's going to be an UFA after the season.

lmao good luck

Branduil

The Mavs will be have a good offense even if Rondo contributes nothing, they needed to improve their perimeter defense and he's been a massive improvement there. Learning to actually hit wide-open jumpers would just be gravy.

maladroid

Tomorrow, 3PM EST. After that practice interview, I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Ahem..

Dragic believes that the Lakers and Knicks will be in the playoffs soon and wants the perks that comes with being an international player in big markets like LA and NY.

I get that he thinks that now, but 30-40 games in this shitshow, with Byron Scott or Derek Fisher as a head coach, could cause him or any player really to change their mind and bail out is all I'm saying. It could end up doing more harm than good.

kcxiv

Well, he kind of fucked the Suns with his interview about not trusting the front office. No one will offer much for him because he's gone. Offer very little for him, if they dont take it (the suns) then wait for the offseason.

Suns tried to play hardball and Dragic said fuck yall.

"Going online now: ESPN sources say Wolves making late push before trade deadline to bring home Wolves legend Kevin Garnett in trade w/Nets" - @ESPNSteinLine

"ESPN sources say Wolves and Nets have discussed deal to send Thad Young to Brooklyn in exchange for KG ... who of course has no-trade clause" - @ESPNSteinLine

Not sure I get the point of this.

"Going online now: ESPN sources say Wolves making late push before trade deadline to bring home Wolves legend Kevin Garnett in trade w/Nets" - @ESPNSteinLine

"ESPN sources say Wolves and Nets have discussed deal to send Thad Young to Brooklyn in exchange for KG ... who of course has no-trade clause" - @ESPNSteinLine

Not sure I get the point of this.

So they essentially traded a 1st round pick (and potentially a good one if the Heat stay mediocre) for the corpse of Kevin Garnett? What a trash franchise. Hopefully Wiggins isn't as loyal as KG was and bolts as soon as he can.

So they essentially traded a 1st round pick (and potentially a good one if the Heat stay mediocre) for the corpse of Kevin Garnett? What a trash franchise. Hopefully Wiggins isn't as loyal as KG was and bolts as soon as he can.

There must be something more to this, maybe it's a three team trade and somehow the Wolves are getting a pick. Otherwise if it's Thad for KG this will be one of the worst trades in a while. I guess they could throw in Budinger as a salary dump.

Kronotech

I wanna buy a Dragic jersey... do prices usually go up or down when a star is traded?

Also, Dragic, you're breaking my heart man. Why you gotta say those things and stuff? No way we get anything of value for him tomorrow.

maladroid

I wanna buy a Dragic jersey... do prices usually go up or down when a star is traded?

Also, Dragic, you're breaking my heart man. Why you gotta say those things and stuff? No way we get anything of value for him tomorrow.
Because he was playing at an All-Star level and Phoenix's GM decided to extend an inferior point guard, sign another point guard, draft another point guard and then traded for another shooting guard (where Dragic has been relegated to playing).

"I've already made up my mind", Dragic admitted when asked if there was anything the Suns could do to change his mind and get him to stay in Phoenix. "For two years in a row I've been in the same spot, and I've played hard, but every year is the same. I'll stand by my actions."

Dragic was asked at what point he reached this conclusion about wanting out of Phoenix. "It's been going on all season. It's just different...standing in the corner, it's not my game." "I see that we are not going in the right direction, and that's why I tried to take action."

Goran was also asked about what fit would be the right fit for him. "To be a point guard again, like I was in the past, and all my life. To be a point guard to run the team, to have the ball in my hands and try to make plays for others. That's who I am. That's why I'm not happy."
Dude just wants to be a point guard.

How the hell did Dragic become such a hot topic? Like, seriously how? So many teams want him and this whole thing is nuts. If anything with Jeremy trying to go back to Houston, I need the Lakers to scoop him up

Kronotech

Because he was playing at an All-Star level and Phoenix's GM decided to extend an inferior point guard, sign another point guard, draft another point guard and then traded for another shooting guard (where Dragic has been relegated to playing).

Dude just wants to be a point guard.

Yeah I'm aware of everything... just really bummed at how it went down. He went from lovable, jovial, Slovenian to spurned lover.

It's not whether or not he felt that way (I don't blame him), it's that there was certainly a better way to go about vocalizing it to the media. Hell, his agent should have given us 24 hours to make a trade before going public. Instead, he walked out of the meeting and immediately the dissatisfaction was known to everyone, hurting our leverage. Goran followed suit with his comments. Like damn, give us some time.

Top Bottom