• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Soonri

@WojYahooNBA
Goran Dragic's agent informed the Suns tonight that Dragic will not sign an extension in Phoenix this summer, league sources tell Yahoo.
@WojYahooNBA
The Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks are among preferred destinations for Goran Dragic, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Damn. Dragon wants to get PAID!

He could get paid more by staying in Phoenix. He wants to be famous and/or play in a big market.

Edit:

Marc Stein just pointed out that if he gets traded before the deadline his new team would inherit his bird rights and be able to offer him the full five year max. I guess I forgot about that.

Soonri

All this Dragic speculation is clearing the way for OKC to take that 8th playoff spot and terrify the West...

And make Golden State the best team to get upset in the first round.

Bowser

hgh8BOu.jpg

Pacers, Heat, and the Kings are teams that lack an all star caliber PG that can use him to get over. Said before Dragic and PG backcourt would rule the East. Heat need some quality point guard play and with him they can lock up the playoff spot and be a legit contender. Dragic-Wade-Bosh-Deng-Whiteside. Heat fans should be excited have legit chance at winning East. Kings could use him, but I think they could get Ty Lawson if they wanted for cheaper trade assets and he knows Karl's system inside and out. Dragic can truly shift the power of the East, if he lands in Miami no way Hawks beat the Heat if they are 8th. My raps as well. This is truly a scary thought.

Fuck going to the Lakers or Knicks. Dude hasn't seen playoff action since riding Nash's Suns run.

lol hell no. Dragic holds all the cards here. They can just wait for him.

I don't honestly think they should give up this years first for him but I also don't think they can expect to get him next year. They'll have plenty of competition and whoever ends up trading for him will have the ability to offer him an extra year and $20 million. Even Phoenix could just keep him, call his bluff and offer him the full max.

Sandfox

Pacers, Heat, and the Kings are teams that lack an all star caliber PG that can use him to get over. Said before Dragic and PG backcourt would rule the East. Heat need some quality point guard play and with him they can lock up the playoff spot and be a legit contender. Dragic-Wade-Bosh-Deng-Whiteside. Heat fans should be excited have legit chance at winning East. Kings could use him, but I think they could get Ty Lawson if they wanted for cheaper trade assets and he knows Karl's system inside and out. Dragic can truly shift the power of the East, if he lands in Miami no way Hawks beat the Heat if they are 8th. My raps as well. This is truly a scary thought.

Fuck going to the Lakers or Knicks. Dude hasn't seen playoff action since riding Nash's Suns run.

The Lakers would be in a pretty good place if they got Dragic. They would have the cap space to get another good player and then have the ability to go after a player like Durant in 2016.

Fjordson

Damn, teams in the West makin' moves.

Don't think the Warriors are doing anything. Would be nice to pick up a solid big man somehow.

jbug617

Banned
Celtics are trying for Dragic.

@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Celtics emerging as contender on the outside for Goran Dragic in trade with Phoenix

@ESPNSteinLine: Celtics have the assets to jump into Dragic talks and, like Houston and Sacramento, also have the guts to trade for a free agent-to-be

Hope Danny doesn't get burned.

Tom Penny

Celtics are trying for Dragic.

Hope Danny doesn't get burned.

He'd have to commit to a long term contract. He wants top dollars and is willing to play for a scrub team like the Knicks. That shows were his head is at. I'd rather trade for Lawson who would be under their control for the next few years at reasonable money.

Damn, teams in the West makin' moves.

Don't think the Warriors are doing anything. Would be nice to pick up a solid big man somehow.

I've always said I liked Lee as a player just hated his contract. But in this case, it seems like he's the only piece worth moving. Speights has made him redundant and they just don't play well together (nor has he really ever played well with Bogut). Lee for KG straight would be my wishlist move at this point (The money works. Lee is an expiring trade chip at this season and still a productive player when given minutes). KG of course would mesh better with our bigs, bring some defensive presence, high IQ ball movement and hit the occasional wing jumper. Of course I doubt the Nyets would make that trade. Honestly, the best thing that can happen to the dubbs would be for Iggy to start hitting 3's and be more of a scoring threat or if Barnes somehow emerges. The team needs a consistent 3rd scorer either from deep or near the basket. I feel like we have players on the roster that could step into that role easily...

I doubt Riley goes after dragic
We have no assets and he isn't the type of guy we would throw big money at

yea but isnt Dragic an expiring? I mean, we really don't have much in the way of players to trade but they might take a bit of garbage to not walk away having nothing to show for Dragic.

at least that's what i hope

maladroid

yea but isnt Dragic an expiring? I mean, we really don't have much in the way of players to trade but they might take a bit of garbage to not walk away having nothing to show for Dragic.

at least that's what i hope
He's an expiring and yet these are the teams who are in pursuit of him:
Lakers
New York
Miami
Boston
Sacramento
Houston

The latter three weren't even mentioned as being on 'the list'. McD has been incompetent in constructing Phoenix's guard lineup, but there are teams willing to give him non-garbage for Dragic's Bird rights.

Bowser

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 9m9 minutes ago
Larry Sanders was owed $36 million, but agreed to buyout that will pay him just $15 million over next 7 years. He left $21 million on table.

Drugs are bad mmkay

Koko

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 13m 13 minutes ago

Yahoo Sources: The agent for Oklahoma City guard Reggie Jackson has requested a trade to Thunder management. http://yhoo.it/1G3jlUG

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 5m 5 minutes ago

Yahoo Sources: Suns much more focused on discussing Dragic deals w/ Celtics, Rockets, Kings, among others, than any teams on guard's list.

Dragic + Cousins could be interesting.

Into

Danny is not going to make a deal *just* for Dragic, either he has a plan for 2-3 big swoops or he will continue gaining assets. But just getting Dragic and going for that elusive 7-8th eastern playoff spot is not really his interest

It could all just be a ruse to drive the price for Dragic up, with no interest from them

Fjordson

I've always said I liked Lee as a player just hated his contract. But in this case, it seems like he's the only piece worth moving. Speights has made him redundant and they just don't play well together (nor has he really ever played well with Bogut). Lee for KG straight would be my wishlist move at this point (The money works. Lee is an expiring trade chip at this season and still a productive player when given minutes). KG of course would mesh better with our bigs, bring some defensive presence, high IQ ball movement and hit the occasional wing jumper. Of course I doubt the Nyets would make that trade. Honestly, the best thing that can happen to the dubbs would be for Iggy to start hitting 3's and be more of a scoring threat or if Barnes somehow emerges. The team needs a consistent 3rd scorer either from deep or near the basket. I feel like we have players on the roster that could step into that role easily...
Agreed. Just a bit more consistent scoring from our wings other than Klay would be nice.

That being said, I would love nothing more than to see a starting Heat five of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, and Whiteside play the Cavs in the playoffs. I can feel most of the greater Cleveland area reaching for Tums right now.

fuck me, if all those players are healthy and have some games together under their belt before the playoffs that team could make it out of the first round, maybe even to the ECF.

what the hell do the heat have to go after Dragic with?

nothing, not even decent picks. just let me dream about having an average-to-above-average PG on this team dont ruin this for me

Top Bottom