• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

maladroid

Yeah I'm aware of everything... just really bummed at how it went down. He went from lovable, jovial, Slovenian to spurned lover.

It's not whether or not he felt that way (I don't blame him), it's that there was certainly a better way to go about vocalizing it to the media. Hell, his agent should have given us 24 hours to make a trade before going public. Instead, he walked out of the meeting and immediately the dissatisfaction was known to everyone, hurting our leverage. Goran followed suit with his comments. Like damn, give us some time.
This is true. Watching all those close games, I got the feeling he wasn't happy playing second fiddle to Thomas or Bledsoe, but I didn't expect him to be so forthright about it. I don't know the guy, obviously, but it wasn't the way I expected it to go down.

Supposedly they've offered Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jose Calderon. The Heat have offered two future 1st round picks. This is all from Broussard so it's probably bull shit.

Oh god please no. I hope it's bullshit. He would be setting himself up for more failure if he joins knicks damn well knowing he has to pass it to Melo.

otapnam

This is true. Watching all those close games, I got the feeling he wasn't happy playing second fiddle to Thomas or Bledsoe, but I didn't expect him to be so forthright about it. I don't know the guy, obviously, but it wasn't the way I expected it to go down.

He worked his ass off the last few years to improve his game. Didn't get respect in houston and now with phoenix and the way theyve built their Team.

Dudes about to enter prime (age) of hood career. He doesn't have time to mess around anymore

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Yahoo Sources: Minnesota, Philly could be included to expand Brooklyn-OKC deal w/ Garnett to Wolves, Thad Young to Nets. Among many parts.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

The Nuggets and Blazers have struck a deal that will send Arron Afflalo to Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, a future lottery-protected first-round pick and a second-round pick go to the Nuggets, who also give up Alonzo Gee, according to Wojnarowski (Twitter links).

Bowser

What Philly going to do with all these big men?

Hitting the salary floor and stockpiling picks:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Denver has agreed to send JaVale McGee to Philadelphia, along with a first-round pick via OKC, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Portland trades: Whatever semblance of a bench they had
Portland receives: Whatever semblance of a bench they will have

Also.

Promising young point guard heads to Brooklyn - only if agreeing to an extension. Totally won't have his career ruined.

Where have I heard this before?

Bowser

If the Heat are really offering two first rounders for Dragic, Phoenix has to jump on that. It's either two mid-to-late first rounders or nothing.

overcast

If the Heat are really offering two first rounders for Dragic, Phoenix has to jump on that. It's either two mid-to-late first rounders or nothing.
Yeah, he's gone for absolutely sure. This deal is the only place Dragic wants to go and it's the best offer.

No choice. Fuck you Dragic for refusing to go to Houston :[

Bowser

Yeah, he's gone for absolutely sure. This deal is the only place Dragic wants to go and it's the best offer.

No choice. Fuck you Dragic for refusing to go to Houston :[

I'm honestly surprised Riley is even offering that. He seems to be the type to be like "lol fuck you we'll just sign him in free agency"

Bowser

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 57s57 seconds ago
Word from Phx is that owner has dug in & told folks he won't trade Dragic. That, of course, wouldn't be the 1st time an owner dug in.

lol Phoenix going to lose Dragic for nothing

The Nets are committed to turning the team over to Jackson, which is what it would take to get him to make a long-term commitment. The major reason he wants out of Oklahoma City is his desire to be a starter in the NBA. Deron Williams would continue to be used in a reserve role for the Nets.

overcast

Word from Phx is that owner has dug in & told folks he won't trade Dragic. That, of course, wouldn't be the 1st time an owner dug in.

What an unbelievably stupid decision to make.

Good. The Lakers will have a better chance in Free Agency.

Bowser

I like Basketball. How is Kobe Bryant doing these days?

i2Vpvjrv2Ym0X.gif

Fjordson

por qué

I'd probably be a crappy GM, but I would have taken the two 1st rounders if that's what Miami is offering. No sense in losing Dragic for nothing when he walks.

man, that's an owner working against his own interests. You'd think having something would be better than the guaranteed nothing they're getting from a player who has straight up burned management and demanding to be off of a team but, nope, he's gotta let pride get in the way of good business.

"ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks." - @IraHeatBeat

Take the deal you idiots.

Top Bottom