• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wade's game-winning attempt made me so mad. 17 seconds left, we're coming out of a time out and he dribbles the air out of the ball for a pull-up 3 hero shot. What an awful basketball play.

This his how his Kobefication begins doesn't it? I never asked for this :\

Jonm1010

Banned
Wade's game-winning attempt made me so mad. 17 seconds left, we're coming out of a time out and he dribbles the air out of the ball for a pull-up 3 hero shot. What an awful basketball play.

This his how his Kobefication begins doesn't it? I never asked for this :\

It reminded me of how the Pelicans have finished most of their close games. Except its with Tyreke Evans dribbling the clock out, wasting possessions and taking bad shots.

Felt nice that it was one of the rare times it wasn't us on the receiving end of hero ball killing our own chances.

B.O.O.M

Portland hides his defense well but he's still pretty bad.

lol so they hid his bad defense for over 50 games in the season..that's some houdini shit right there

OR

You are wrong and you actually haven't seen him play much. Because one of the reasons Blazers jumped so ahead with their overall defense this season compared to last is because Lillard improved by a vast amount as a defender. He still has work to do but he is solid on the D now. I know you are having an argument right now with another user about Lillard vs WB ..but let's not resort to hyperbole/lying to make a point.Because it's a widely accepted fact that Lillard made a nice leap in improving two areas he lacked a lot in previous seasons
1. Defense
2. Finishing at the rim

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celtics are winning it all this year. Isaiah Thomas for MVP.

I love how amped fans are around here lol. I'm not happy with the IT acquisition. He's got some talent, but I just don't think he has any business on this team. It might help marcus be more aggressive? I only see this as a move made to sell tickets, since the east is historically bad and Danny sees this as a way to bring "excitement". People hear playoffs and they think the team is good... this team is garbage, they need a few more young guys, playing your way out of the lottery does nothing for you (again except sell tickets). Thomas is a spark of the bench at best, just jams up the guard spot around here even more though.

I love how amped fans are around here lol. I'm not happy with the IT acquisition. He's got some talent, but I just don't think he has any business on this team. It might help marcus be more aggressive? I only see this as a move made to sell tickets, since the east is historically bad and Danny sees this as a way to bring "excitement". People hear playoffs and they think the team is good... this team is garbage, they need a few more young guys, playing your way out of the lottery does nothing for you (again except sell tickets). Thomas is a spark of the bench at best, just jams up the guard spot around here even more though.

I think Thomas is a legitimately good addition to the team. They've been looking for that kind of player to come off the bench for years and now they finally have one on a good contract that could become a trade asset if Ainge wants to go down that route eventually.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol so they hid his bad defense for over 50 games in the season..that's some houdini shit right there

OR

You are wrong and you actually haven't seen him play much. Because one of the reasons Blazers jumped so ahead with their overall defense this season compared to last is because Lillard improved by a vast amount as a defender. He still has work to do but he is solid on the D now. I know you are having an argument right now with another user about Lillard vs WB ..but let's not resort to hyperbole/lying to make a point.Because it's a widely accepted fact that Lillard made a nice leap in improving two areas he lacked a lot in previous seasons
1. Defense
2. Finishing at the rim

Yes, coaches run defensive (and offensive) schemes to cover for a player's deficiencies and shortcomings. Welcome to NBA basketball for the last 40 years. Does Lillard draw the top defensive assignments at the guard position, or do they try to hide him when they can on a less capable player?

As for the Blazers improved defense, let's not ignore the fact that their bench is about 2 billion times better than last year on the defensive end. And I think 2 billion is underestimating it.

Lillard absolutely improved in those two areas, but a bad defensive player getting better doesn't suddenly make him adequate. It just makes him less bad :p And at any rate, he's not on Westbrook's level, which was the entire point. If you want to argue about what grade of bad Lillard is on defense, go for it.

Has Lillard improved on defense? Let's ask Chuck... what do the analytics say?

Code:
Season	Games	DRPM	Rank (PGs)
14-15	57	0.69	11th
13-14	82	-1.95	47th

DRPM = defensive real plus minus

For the record, overall, Westbrook is 3rd in RPM (all positions) this season, but Lillard also ranks highly at 8.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Lillard improved, I readily admit, but this stat sucks. Just look at the list of guys who are ahead of Chris Paul, who is 25th out of all the PGs. 25th! There's a reason why no one puts any stock into this made up ESPN stat, ever. Still, I like what ESPN is trying to do, but it's nearly impossible to capture individual defensive performance in a statistic like this.

Another disappointing loss... Atlanta was actually taking it easy on us tonight by resting most of their good players, and we still lose, lol.

I guess the only positive thing is that the Heat fought back from down 18 and D wade played a little better.

tmdorsey

Good game for the Hawks bench guys. Nice to see some of the guys get some extended minutes particularly Jenkins and Muscula.

Good lord is Whiteside a problem tho.

Tom Penny

I'm very glad the Celtics have to play GS and the Cavs the next two games. All these shit East teams are going to have them fuck up and make the playoffs.

I'm very glad the Celtics have to play GS and the Cavs the next two games. All these shit East teams are going to have them fuck up and make the playoffs.

I'm calling it now, we're going to beat one of those teams and it'll give the team/fans enough false hope to last us the rest of the season.

Tom Penny

I'm calling it now, we're going to beat one of those teams and it'll give the team/fans enough false hope to last us the rest of the season.

They still might make it in but I don't want them to. I don't believe the whole payoff experience theory. If they had Thomas all year they would have won so many more games were they shit the bed in crunch time. They are basically in every game all year but blow at closing.

They still might make it in but I don't want them to. I don't believe the whole payoff experience theory. If they had Thomas all year they would have won so many more games were they shit the bed in crunch time. They are basically in every game all year but blow at closing.

So you're saying that we can win it all?

Yikes, I felt bad losing to the Pacers, but the Raptors got it bad o_o

Don't worry, we had our rough stretch much earlier in the year, if they can keep positive vibes they can turn things around and head ti the playoffs on a good note.

In other news, No Kyrie again tomorrow afternoon >_> Was a matter of time before Kyrie got knicked up, although better for it to be now than in the playoffs.

RBK

Banned
The Suns are a joke of a team right now, not impressed.

Now I prepare for the impending destruction of the Rockets by LeBron.

The Suns are a joke of a team right now, not impressed.

Now I prepare for the impending destruction of the Rockets by LeBron.

It'll be interesting to see if they Tripod can still stand without its three legs. Kyrie is damn important to this team as our PG depth sucks. My only regret of the trade deadline.

maladroid

Williams goes to the Hornets with guard Troy Daniels for veteran guard Gary Neal and a future second-round draft pick, sources told Yahoo Sports.
Did you not have more to offer than that? Could you imagine Mo and LeBron back together?

He's been averaging 23 and 6 ever since he started in Charlotte.

Did you not have more to offer than that? Could you imagine Mo and LeBron back together?

He's been averaging 23 and 6 ever since he started in Charlotte.

I remember hearing the Cavs were indeed interested, but you can't tell me they couldn't have pulled together a better offer than that. Plus Mo has playoff experience from all those years with LeBron :(

zychi

Banned
Haha, dunno I never burned my old one either :p Couple knuckleheads made us all look bad when it came to that.

What about you, surely you had a LeBron Heat jersey when he was with you?

The hate is strong, love it.
hate? nah, its basically a fact at this point. he wouldn't have signed such a short term deal if he was sticking around.
you didn't answer the question?

you apparently fell for it by giving him money

hate? nah, its basically a fact at this point. he wouldn't have signed such a short term deal if he was sticking around.
you didn't answer the question?

you apparently fell for it by giving him money

Still so much salt over him coming back, love it. He signed the short term contract to get the maximum money allowed before the TV contracts go up, where have you been?

Also you didn't read my previous post, I have my old LeBron jersey unburned for 2005 still :p I know Heat fans that have actually burned theirs after all he did was take them to 4 finals and won two and yet they feel "betrayed"

Not sure why everyone hates Cleveland so much when we've never won shit. People just love piling on I guess.

Still so much salt over him coming back, love it. He signed the short term contract to get the maximum money allowed before the TV contracts go up, where have you been?

Also you didn't read my previous post, I have my old LeBron jersey unburned for 2005 still :p I know Heat fans that have actually burned theirs after all he did was take them to 4 finals and won two and yet they feel "betrayed"

Not sure why everyone hates Cleveland so much when we've never won shit. People just love piling on I guess.

No one hates Cleveland. It's Lebron that brings out the hate. I strongly dislike the guy too, so I want to see Cleveland fail, but if he wasn't there, I'd have no problem with Cleveland finally accomplishing something.

dream

Dear god. DJ with 17 boards in one half. There's no reason for any one man to ever have that many rebounds in 24 minutes.

Come on now, Heat fans were nowhere near as salty as Cleveland fans when he left. Even the Cavs organization was salty about it, lol.

I don't think too many Heat fans miss the media circus that Lebron brings with him. Just wait until the Cavs lose in the playoffs or fall behind in a series.

zychi

Banned
Come on now, Heat fans were nowhere near as salty as Cleveland fans when he left. Even the Cavs organization was salty about it, lol.

I don't think too many Heat fans miss the media circus that Lebron brings with him. Just wait until the Cavs lose in the playoffs or fall behind in a series.

justin-bieber-heat-pacers-game-7-4.jpg

18raqlp1ft54xjpg.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSd-d1xewg

At least Cle have actual fans.

Top Bottom