• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Now that I think about it, old NBAGAF's adoration of Ricky Rubio and All Star Kevin Love made them very suspect for the most uncomfortable of reasons. I should have known something was up when their all star ballot consisted of Dirk, Josh McRoberts, Birdman Anderson, and Omir Asik.

That'sracist.gif

uiCIZdM.png
uiCIZdM.png
uiCIZdM.png

uiCIZdM.png
uiCIZdM.png

uiCIZdM.png

not 2006 Wade yet. But any version of Wade during his Heat tenure.

Obviously I am biased towards D Wade, but I completely disagree. Kyrie can take over a game or a stretch of games, but he can't do it for a whole season.

I am curious to see what he can do in the playoffs though. I'm still hoping for that Heat Cavs first round match up.

Healthy D Wade? Does such a thing exist anymore?

Lol good point. Hopefully he will be healthy for the whole season next year.

Kacar

Cavs now 13-1 against last 14 Western conferance teams. Only loss was the OT loss vs Houston when Kyrie was hurt.

We do suck against the pacers though.

Fuck Cleveland

Lucky Fuckers

I hope you get one and doned

that is all
Hey, as a Spurs fan I'm as disappointed as anyone; but let's call a spade, a spade here: if Kawhi hit at least one of his free throws, this game would have been over a long time ago. For as many things as Kawhi does right in a game he chokes on the free throw line. If it was just this game it would be one thing, but you can look at Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals and see the same thing happened after LeBron hit the one three to bring the Heat within 3 and Kawhi went to three free throw line next possession and missed all his free throws, ultimately leading to the tie and defeat of the Spurs... Same thing this game. You can't miss your free throws with the game on the line.

Now that I think about it, old NBAGAF's adoration of Ricky Rubio and All Star Kevin Love made them very suspect for the most uncomfortable of reasons. I should have known something was up when their all star ballot consisted of Dirk, Josh McRoberts, Birdman Anderson, and Omir Asik.
To be fair, I have a bias against white American NBA players. Aside from Gordon Hayward, who I think is overrated anyway, I think they're all garbage.

dream

To be fair, I have a bias against white American NBA players. Aside from Gordon Hayward, who I think is overrated anyway, I think they're all garbage.

For a while, I was livid that JJ Reddick was signed just to appease Donald Sterling. It was an exceptionally bad stretch for him, and in my mind, it is inexcusable to have a white player who can't hit his free throws.

Hey, as a Spurs fan I'm as disappointed as anyone; but let's call a spade, a spade here: if Kawhi hit at least one of his free throws, this game would have been over a long time ago. For as many things as Kawhi does right in a game he chokes on the free throw line. If it was just this game it would be one thing, but you can look at Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals and see the same thing happened after LeBron hit the one three to bring the Heat within 3 and Kawhi went to three free throw line next possession and missed all his free throws, ultimately leading to the tie and defeat of the Spurs... Same thing this game. You can't miss your free throws with the game on the line.

and LeBron missed two free throws late in Houston that would have likely won the game for them. it happens.

Was a hell of a game. Both these teams are playing so much better. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys again in the finals at all, would be a hell of a series.

Cavs now 13-1 against last 14 Western conferance teams. Only loss was the OT loss vs Houston when Kyrie was hurt.

We do suck against the pacers though.

Each game was with one of our Big 3 missing, first game had two missing. I like our chances against Pacers in the playoffs. ;p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Missed the game last night but holy shit @ those numerous fadeaway 3s Kyrie hit last night.

I don't see how Lebron leaves after this year especially with the team built around him. Kevin Love though, not so sure.

Wizman23

Banned
Missed the game last night but holy shit @ those numerous fadeaway 3s Kyrie hit last night.

I don't see how Lebron leaves after this year especially with the team built around him. Kevin Love though, not so sure.

Lebron is NEVER leaving Cleveland again. It's hilarious that this notion even exists. Love's back is fucked up. He could barely even walk out there in OT.

zychi

Banned
Lebron is NEVER leaving Cleveland again. It's hilarious that this notion even exists. Love's back is fucked up. He could barely even walk out there in OT.

He's opting out and leaving. CLE fans pretending like he won't are hilarious. Bron's jersey sales were dwindling because of playing for Mia, and now he got the whole city of Cle following him again. He'll blame ownership and go play with Melo or KD or one of his buddies when the new salary cap explodes

He's opting out and leaving. CLE fans pretending like he won't are hilarious. Bron's jersey sales were dwindling because of playing for Mia, and now he got the whole city of Cle following him again. He'll blame ownership and go play with Melo or KD or one of his buddies when the new salary cap explodes

Exactly what flavor of haterade do you drink in the mornings.

Lol are you saying he would leave a championship caliber team to play for the Knicks?

There is no way he would leave Cleveland, if he did it would completely destroy his image.

JNA

Banned
Thank goodness eyes have been opened on Love. His defense has become such a liability and his offense really regressed this year. And the guy can't seem to ever stay healthy anymore.

Please keep him away from the Lakers in the off season please. He can become a stat stuffer again with the Knicks for all I care. :p

Love just doesn't fit thus far. We already knew what he was defensively, but offensively is what I don't get. It's like he is disinterested out there and being passive aggressive in the media about how he's not a stretch four but doing what the team wants him to do.

I still think you do the wiggins for love deal everytime considering the circumstances but goddamn lebron and wiggins would have been fun to watch

Alright, Cavs and/or Kyrie fans, Simmons has officially come around. He's on the bus.

I freely admit I only recently came on the bus. I didn't like him in year one. Not at all. I thought he shot too much and took extremely poor shots. I didn't hate him like I did Ramon Sessions...I just didn't think he was the future.

Happy to have been wrong. When he's on it's like he's playing a different game. And his ball handling skills..it's like he's got the ball on an invisible rubber band attached to his hand. Sometimes he overdoes it and loses the ball but goddamn...every other possession he has a highlight.

I still think you do the wiggins for love deal everytime considering the circumstances but goddamn lebron and wiggins would have been fun to watch

Most certainly. It's hard to even imagine what the roster would look like if we still had Wiggins and Bennett. We probably wouldn't have made a move for Shump and JR Smith at all, and we can all see how essential they've been to the turn-around. Maybe we still get Moz, but who knows? Maybe Andy never gets hurt and we don't make that move either.

It's about more than just the one move. It's a butterfly effect. I just hope that Love finds his game between now and the end of the Cavs playoff run, wherever it ends. I want him back. And I want him playing the game he can play so well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I was all for the trade... at the time Love was perceived as an elite player. He has elite talent, but he's got a fragile personality, and he is way too soft on defense. I'm really hoping he sticks with the cavs, otherwise I fear he'll wind up on the celts.

I was all for the trade... at the time Love was perceived as an elite player. He has elite talent, but he's got a fragile personality, and he is way too soft on defense. I'm really hoping he sticks with the cavs, otherwise I fear he'll wind up on the celts.

He'll look good next to Gasol when they're both on the Celtics next year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Yuck. We need to trade sulinger BTW. It's funny our perceived top talent continues to either be traded or injured and they just continue to improve! Rondo, Green, now Sully?! But seriously guy is a lazy headcase, sucks his stock is probably bottoming out at this point. I'd take Gasol though, although I wish we tanked a little harder, just slightly, that way worst Case we could take Cauly-Stein for his rim protection.

spyder_ur

White guy frontcourt! Reminds me of Wednesday night when at some point in the late 3rd quarter they were playing Jerebko, Datome and Olynyk at the same time. No Grizzly dared go the hoop. Actually they all did.

Seriously though, Gasol would be great for this team. I mean obviously he's a great player, but he'd work well in Steven's system and offer some resistance in the middle. I still think they need a rangy shot blocker/athlete type at the 4 or 5; part of the reason McGee was kinda interesting. He's not leaving Memphis though i don't think.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
White guy frontcourt! Reminds me of Wednesday night when at some point in the late 3rd quarter they were playing Jerebko, Datome and Olynyk at the same time. No Grizzly dared go the hoop. Actually they all did.

Seriously though, Gasol would be great for this team. I mean obviously he's a great player, but he'd work well in Steven's system and offer some resistance in the middle. I still think they need a rangy shot blocker/athlete type at the 4 or 5; part of the reason McGee was kinda interesting. He's not leaving Memphis though i don't think.

I've been pleasantly surprised by JJ, guy goes hard.

JNA

Banned
I think Gasol will stay. He's got a good gig going at Memphis, they will still be contenders, they will pay him whatever, and he doesn't like a guy that cares much for playing in big markets.

Top Bottom