• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

He's opting out and leaving. CLE fans pretending like he won't are hilarious. Bron's jersey sales were dwindling because of playing for Mia, and now he got the whole city of Cle following him again. He'll blame ownership and go play with Melo or KD or one of his buddies when the new salary cap explodes

XxyOizb.gif

zychi

Banned
Lol are you saying he would leave a championship caliber team to play for the Knicks?

There is no way he would leave Cleveland, if he did it would completely destroy his image.

Remember when he left a championship caliber team for Miami? Remember when Cleveland fans kept telling themselves that Jamison, Z, Varejao and Mo Williams were enough to beat the Spurs?

Remember when he left a team that was just in the finals to go to a young Cle team to fix his image because he wanted his hometown fans to buy his jersey again?

Remember when Kevin Love for Wiggins was the best trade ever for Cle?

Via another SI article:

"Cavs ownership didn't put enough pieces around me, even though I told them to trade Wiggins for Love. I want to get another ring so I have decided to opt out and take my talents to...)

Man I don't want to see Vasquez on Dragic at any point this game. That matchup favours the Heat. Likely Dragic on bench now.

Heard DeAndre Jordan hit a 3

Lol getting blown out by the Raptors pretty much sums up our season. We even have all our starters on the floor, so can't use injuries as an excuse.

We have struggled to score all season, and it's not going to get any easier our schedule is going to be really tough the next couple of weeks.

Remember when he left a championship caliber team for Miami? Remember when Cleveland fans kept telling themselves that Jamison, Z, Varejao and Mo Williams were enough to beat the Spurs?

Remember when he left a team that was just in the finals to go to a young Cle team to fix his image because he wanted his hometown fans to buy his jersey again?

Remember when Kevin Love for Wiggins was the best trade ever for Cle?

Via another SI article:

"Cavs ownership didn't put enough pieces around me, even though I told them to trade Wiggins for Love. I want to get another ring so I have decided to opt out and take my talents to...)

What if they win the championship though?

I think part of the reason he left the Heat was the pressure got to him. I think he has the perfect set up in Cleveland. He is on a young, inexperienced team, and while they have expectations to win a championship, the expectations are not nearly as high as they were in Miami.

zychi

Banned
Lol getting blown out by the Raptors pretty much sums up our season. We even have all our starters on the floor, so can't use injuries as an excuse.

We have struggled to score all season, and it's not going to get any easier our schedule is going to be really tough the next couple of weeks.

What if they win the championship though?

I think part of the reason he left the Heat was the pressure got to him. I think he has the perfect set up in Cleveland. He is on a young, inexperienced team, and while they have expectations to win a championship, the expectations are not nearly as high as they were in Miami.
he set those expectations himself. not 4, not 5.... etc

they're not winning with the cast they currently have. the west is better. the bulls are better if theyre healthy(even without rose) and I'd argue the Wizards are a matchup nightmare for them. Lebron is older and worn down(and off hgh) so he won't be able to carry them through the playoffs like he used to.

if i'm totally wrong and lebron beats the horrible losingness going on in cleveland? great for him, he's a hero and never has to pay another bill in Ohio ever again. if he doesn't, he leaves and opts out again.

he set those expectations himself. not 4, not 5.... etc

they're not winning with the cast they currently have. the west is better. the bulls are better if theyre healthy(even without rose) and I'd argue the Wizards are a matchup nightmare for them. Lebron is older and worn down(and off hgh) so he won't be able to carry them through the playoffs like he used to.

if i'm totally wrong and lebron beats the horrible losingness going on in cleveland? great for him, he's a hero and never has to pay another bill in Ohio ever again. if he doesn't, he leaves and opts out again.

He's not opting out dude. It's just not happening. He didn't resign in Cleveland just to leave again after all the shit he got the first time around. In Cleveland he just needs to win one. If not this year, he can try next year or the year after, but all he needs is one. If he opts out no matter where he goes, Chicago, NY, LA, back to Miami, he has to hear about the "not 5, not 6, not 7" thing again. He has to start hearing about how Kobe and Duncan have 5. How Magic has 5. How Jordan has 6. Even if he only ends up with 3 championships for his career, if one of those is as a Cav that's his legacy. That supercedes anything else. He's not gonna burn up all the good will he built back up after one season.

building off ninja scooter's last post,

they're not winning with the cast they currently have. the west is better. the bulls are better if theyre healthy(even without rose) and I'd argue the Wizards are a matchup nightmare for them.

two out of three supporting things in this post are objectively wrong, which adds to your already impressive resume of "do you actually believe the shit you're typing" today from the californian water thread in OT. the third is arguable for specific matchups (they probably aren't beating san antonio or memphis in a finals series, for example).

1a) it took kevin love being out for chicago to sniff a win in the season series so far, and
1b) the only time both teams played w/ every player including rose reasonably healthy (since i know game 2 of the season somehow won't count for some reason even though it entailed fluky bullshit like kirk hinrich being competent at the game of basketball), cleveland won by 15.
2) you are postulating matchup problems with a team that has lost its games to cleveland by an average of 106-89.

if any team poses matchup problems for cleveland in the eastern conference, and there is BASICALLY only one (pending paul george's decision), it's atlanta.

zychi

Banned
building off ninja scooter's last post,

two out of three supporting things in this post are objectively wrong, which adds to your already impressive resume of "do you actually believe the shit you're typing" today from the californian water thread in OT. the third is arguable for specific matchups (they probably aren't beating san antonio or memphis in a finals series, for example).

1a) it took kevin love being out for chicago to sniff a win in the season series so far, and
1b) the only time both teams played w/ every player including rose reasonably healthy (since i know game 2 of the season somehow won't count for some reason even though it entailed fluky bullshit like kirk hinrich being competent at the game of basketball), cleveland won by 15.
2) you are postulating matchup problems with a team that has lost its games to cleveland by an average of 106-89.

if any team poses matchup problems for cleveland in the eastern conference, and there is BASICALLY only one (pending paul george's decision), it's atlanta.
immediately attacking me? Nice. Way to setup your post as having validity.

California thread, had a typo of over 50% of their oil that is foreign is just persian gulf. Wasnt bad math, it was a typo followed by a barrage of "why you hate california, lol you cant do math" and guys are posting shit about America and using it as California stats, i dont care enough to revisit that thread after it became a "california makes everything for the US lol" thread.

Weird how you bring up Love being out, but not Butler in one of the games. Pick and choose i guess? Bulls havent been healthy since game 1 of the season. So use that as an excuse or whatever you want to line up with Cle getting used to each other, Bulls are a better team when healthy. A scared Derrick put 30 on them.

Cle is ranked 12th in defense and 17th in rebounds. You're not winning a title with those stats. And Love and Kyrie arent getting any better at defense

I forgot about Atl, i dont believe in them to win a title, i dont believe any of the east teams will, but if they meet cle, i could see them beating them.

Bron built his opt out when he talked about playing with young players and not expect a championship. He got Ohio to buy his shit again, and when he leaves blaming Gilbert, the fans wont be mad like they were when he embarrased them on tv last time.

He has his rings, he wont ever match up as the best ever(cue Bionic talking shit about MJ) let alone in this era (goes to Duncan), now its all about making money and making the top 3-10 list.

E: just to be clear in this thread. He may not opt out this year, but he is leaving Cle before the huge salary cap jump when his 2 year deal ends.

immediately attacking me? Nice. Way to setup your post as having validity.

California thread, had a typo of over 50% of their oil that is foreign is just persian gulf. Wasnt bad math, it was a typo followed by a barrage of "why you hate california, lol you cant do math" and guys are posting shit about America and using it as California stats, i dont care enough to revisit that thread after it became a "california makes everything for the US lol" thread.

You're the one instantly calling people ignorant because they don't buy you backtracking everything you post into typos and "I forgot", so pardon me if I don't give a shit what you think about validity right now.

Speaking of which, a "typo" where you were literally off on the garbage you were posting by 40%? Sure. And I'm just making a typo if I say Yao Ming stood at 4'6" in shoes.

Weird how you bring up Love being out, but not Butler in one of the games. Pick and choose i guess?

Yeah, it's weird how I bring up a player central to Cleveland's offensive system, and not someone whose skill sets on both ends Chicago can much more easily replace in the lineup, when I bring up injuries. it's almost as if I actually watch the goddamn games.

Bulls havent been healthy since game 1 of the season. So use that as an excuse or whatever you want to line up with Cle getting used to each other, Bulls are a better team when healthy. A scared Derrick put 30 on them.

1) And yet somehow it's not laughable to speculate about them being healthy for the playoffs (when they've had at least one major scratch every year since 2011) because of reasons.

2) Which is why "when healthy", less than a week into Cleveland's new lineup and with Varejao the only major injury scratch, the Bulls lost by 14 with Rose shooting a godlike 36% (18 points on 16 shots).

Because they're just "better".

3) A scared Derrick put 30 on them with basically the entire team's offensive schemes out of whack and James Jones playing 30 minutes, to say literally nothing about any defensive impact. Pardon me if I don't think that's happening in a playoff series.

Cle is ranked 12th in defense and 17th in rebounds. You're not winning a title with those stats. And Love and Kyrie arent getting any better at defense

Right. No team has ever won an NBA championship with defensive efficiency as low as 12th. Can't even think of one example in the last 15 years.

Kyrie is league average on D at this point and Love is getting masked to all hell (to say nothing about the fact that his RPM is on the same level as Teague, Gasol and Whiteside), unless you're basically saying JR Smith is the linchpin behind that starting lineup's league-best net rating.

I forgot about Atl, i dont believe in them to win a title, i dont believe any of the east teams will, but if they meet cle, i could see them beating them.

Right, you just "forgot" about the 1st seed 10 games ahead of the field with a 3-1 season series win and four All-Star selections.

I'm not even gonna address the rest of your weird fantasy. Just... stop posting about this LeBron shit.

No rational person in America thinks LeBron got that 2 year deal with the 1 year opt out just to leave again. Every rational person in America knows the 2 year deal puts LeBron in position to profit off the salary cap jump that every basketball player in the league knew was coming. LeBron has invested far too much in this Cleveland return, he is not going to blow it up in 1 year. Be reasonable. Hate LeBron all you want, but be reasonable.

As for blaming ownership, blame them for what? They signed all his friends. They traded for Kevin Love at his behest. They somehow turned Waiters into 2 better players (Shump and Smith) and went out and got a legitimate big in Mozgov. The only thing they didn't do is dump Blatt, and we have to go by rumors to even believe James wanted him to be fired. Right now? Cleveland is rolling, and LeBron seems to love his new running mate, Kyrie.

Put down the haterade and drop the comment section blowhard persona.

zychi

Banned
You're the one instantly calling people ignorant because they don't buy you backtracking everything you post into typos and "I forgot", so pardon me if I don't give a shit what you think about validity right now.
You clearly do give a shit because you just wrote up a response to my post and keep insulting me. Notice how I never once insult you while talking about this? Real hard to do, especially with your post history about Ohio, and your avatar with Manziel showing your bias. I also see you went back into the California thread to attack me, while I'm not even in there.

Keeping it classy.

zychi

Banned
No rational person in America thinks LeBron got that 2 year deal with the 1 year opt out just to leave again. Every rational person in America knows the 2 year deal puts LeBron in position to profit off the salary cap jump that every basketball player in the league knew was coming. LeBron has invested far too much in this Cleveland return, he is not going to blow it up in 1 year. Be reasonable. Hate LeBron all you want, but be reasonable.

As for blaming ownership, blame them for what? They signed all his friends. They traded for Kevin Love at his behest. They somehow turned Waiters into 2 better players (Shump and Smith) and went out and got a legitimate big in Mozgov. The only thing they didn't do is dump Blatt, and we have to go by rumors to even believe James wanted him to be fired. Right now? Cleveland is rolling, and LeBron seems to love his new running mate, Kyrie.

Put down the haterade and drop the comment section blowhard persona.

Two things.

1. Why have an opt out at all? Commit for the full two years, and max out when the salary cap jumps. Can always restructure a contract with a player like Lebron.

2. He blamed ownership last time in Cleveland after pulling great moves Bron was supposedly telling them to do. Even got a Comic Sans letter out of Gilbert.

Two things.

1. Why have an opt out at all? Commit for the full two years, and max out when the salary cap jumps. Can always restructure a contract with a player like Lebron.

I honestly think this was a power play on LeBron's part. He wants to show CLeveland that everything is on his terms. He's making Cleveland move mountains for him for a one year deal. He did it because he could. LeBron is also very pro player/pro union and little things like this help shift the power and leverage in the league back towards the players and away from the owenrs. And it's his way to keep the front office and ownership group in Cleveland honest. I doubt LeBron and Dan Gilbert are best buds.

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't think Lebron is leaving. He realizes he's probably not going to catch guys like Kobe or Jordan so I think he'll just try to win a chip in Cleveland.

zychi

Banned
I honestly think this was a power play on LeBron's part. He wants to show CLeveland that everything is on his terms. He's making Cleveland move mountains for him for a one year deal. And it's his way to keep the front office and ownership group in Cleveland honest. I doubt LeBron and Dan Gilbert are best buds.
And when those mountains he's making them push don't win him a title...he's back to where he was as a potential free agent in 09-10, which he bailed on Cle.

And when those mountains he's making them push don't win him a title...he's back to where he was as a potential free agent in 09-10, which he bailed on Cle.

Where's he gonna go that is going to get him that title then? When Bron left the first time around, he was leaving a terribly built roster to got to a clearly better situation with two all pros in Wade and Bosh. That's the difference this time around. If LeBron is honest with himself, he's realistically got 4, maybe 5 if he's lucky, prime years left where he can win a title with a team built around him. So if Cleveland doesn't win a title this year, where's he gonna go? Where is that ready made situation? New York? Brooklyn? Los Angeles? Dallas? Where's that team that is going to win him a ring? Are those odds any better than winning a ring in Cleveland? On top of that without the baggage that would come with leaving Cleveland out to dry again? I have no idea what in the world makes you think LeBron would leave again. Is he a masochist? Do you think he likes it when everyone hates him?

He bailed in 09 to try and win multiple championships but now he needs to win just one for his hometown. He's never leaving, even if he doesn't win one he'll have cemented his legacy as the guy who went to the hell hole that his Cleveland to try and win a ring for the most depressing fan base of all time.

zychi

Banned
Where's he gonna go that is going to get him that title then? When Bron left the first time around, he was leaving a terribly built roster to got to a clearly better situation with two all pros in Wade and Bosh. That's the difference this time around. If LeBron is honest with himself, he's realistically got 4, maybe 5 if he's lucky, prime years left where he can win a title with a team built around him. So if Cleveland doesn't win a title this year, where's he gonna go? Where is that ready made situation? New York? Brooklyn? Los Angeles? Dallas? Where's that team that is going to win him a ring? Are those odds any better than winning a ring in Cleveland? On top of that without the baggage that would come with leaving Cleveland out to dry again? I have no idea what in the world makes you think LeBron would leave again. Is he a masochist? Do you think he likes it when everyone hates him?
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2016/
Who says it has to be ready made? He Bosh and Wade made it to the finals and would have won if Dal didn't have Dirk become "the best white NBA player of all-time besides Larry Bird" (Bill Simmons quote).

What makes you think he, KD and someone else can't do it again? He and KD already know each other's game and play in the offseason with each other.

In all honesty, I hope Cleveland has room for a few big signings in 2016, I'm ignorant to their contracts besides Bron and Love.

Who says it has to be ready made? He Bosh and Wade made it to the finals and would have won if Dal didn't have Dirk become "the best white NBA player of all-time besides Larry Bird" (Bill Simmons quote).

What makes you think he, KD and someone else can't do it again? He and KD already know each other's game and play in the offseason with each other.

In all honesty, I hope Cleveland has room for a few big signings in 2016, I'm ignorant to their contracts besides Bron and Love.

They'll have plenty of cap space when Bron and Love sign with the Celtics.

He's hitting the last act of his career this time, rather than having his entire future ahead of him like in Cleveland. If he goes somewhere else, he basically needs to go 4 for 4 in titles for the last 4 years of his career to shut up most of his critics. In Cleveland he just needs one. That's it. He made a conscious decision because of that, I honestly believe that. He knows that for his legacy, Cleveland is the best place for him to be because all things being equal, even if he can go somewhere else to a team that is just as good, the standard he will be judged on is far different.

You clearly do give a shit because you just wrote up a response to my post and keep insulting me. Notice how I never once insult you while talking about this?

First of all: you might've noticed I'm "insulting" your quality of argumentation if I'm "insulting" anything, because I don't see anything else you could've possibly construed as much.

You want NBA-GAF to buy into the idea that LeBron is somehow about to use his opt-out clause to skip town to an as-yet-undisclosed third team (that's almost certainly in the Eastern Conference given that it's abundantly clear that he wants the easiest route possible to the Finals) with both cap space for at least two supermax contracts and a decent enough cast otherwise to actually contend, basically on the premise that Kevin Durant is going to team up with him.

All while Cleveland is basically playing at a league-best tier now, with exactly one likely roadblock before facing a Western team, and with its second-best player nowhere near his own peak (to say nothing about the fact that the only guaranteed contracts on the team after 2015-16 are Varejao and Irving).

Based on his own criteria in both 2010 (#2 option Mo Williams vs #2 option still-prime Wade) and 2014 (#2 option 50-games-and-a-cloud-of-dust Wade vs #2 option 22 year old Kyrie Irving)? It's laughably unlikely at best. There's literally more of a chance that Kevin Love bounces to the current-dumpster-fire LA team over resigning with Cleveland (or bouncing to Boston), and even that's basically a clickbait premise.

Real hard to do, especially with your post history about Ohio, and your avatar with Manziel showing your bias.

Nice, so you basically looked at the location tag in my profile and my avatar and somehow concluded that I'm a blind Ohio stan - even though my history *just in the past three pages of this thread* belies this and even though I'm pretty sure I've gone out of my way saying I'm moving out of here as soon as possible.

I notice you said you're from Illinois - I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that you've been grossly overrating Chicago in every response they've been mentioned in and pretending that a "healthy Bulls team" is anything more than a hypothetical?

I also see you went back into the California thread to attack me, while I'm not even in there.

Keeping it classy.

It's not my problem that you're apparently too afraid to revisit the thread now that empirical proof that you're wrong is in there, but I wasn't even the first person to mention your extended drive-by in that half-hour.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lebron is going to stay in Cleveland and get that 30 million dollar deal.....

Kevin Love is probably gone though, I thought he might stay for the money or if they won a title but idk. LA would pay him the max still without blinking and it wouldn't be at the expense of his dignity.

As for Miami, that will open up Miami to try go after idk who. but it will not be anybody as good as wiggins would of been.

Lebron is going to stay in Cleveland and get that 30 million dollar deal.....

Kevin Love is probably gone though, I thought he might stay for the money or if they won a title but idk. LA would pay him the max still without blinking and it wouldn't be at the expense of his dignity.

As for Miami, that will open up Miami to try go after idk who. but it will not be anybody as good as wiggins would of been.

I'll readily admit that this is my bias as a Cavs fan speaking, but I don't see Love leaving unless it's to somewhere like Boston (or, ironically, Washington for a possible teamup with Durant) - he already played through one rebuilding project, I can't see him wasting this contract on another.

Two things.

He's going to opt out this year and re-max, then do the same thing in 2016. It's also about control.

They'll have plenty of cap space when Bron and Love sign with the Celtics.

MrEHyVW.jpg

So, Cavs at Orlando tonight...and somehow I just can't get pumped for the game. After @ Toronto, Atlanta, @ Dallas, @ San Antonio. Maybe LeBron even sits out tonight. next few home games are against easier opponents, and Bron was just saying he wants some rest.

zychi for some reason hates everything Cleveland.

How you handling the Raps collapse? Even I was pretty shocked. Hope they rebound and stick to that 3rd seed so you guys can knock out Indiana since they're probably moving up to #6 before the seasons done xD

MrEHyVW.jpg

So, Cavs at Orlando tonight...and somehow I just can't get pumped for the game. After @ Toronto, Atlanta, @ Dallas, @ San Antonio. Maybe LeBron even sits out tonight. next few home games are against easier opponents, and Bron was just saying he wants some rest.

How you handling the Raps collapse? Even I was pretty shocked. Hope they rebound and stick to that 3rd seed so you guys can knock out Indiana since they're probably moving up to #6 before the seasons done xD
Cavs don't play tonight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Upset but really this team at best was going to make the second round and get bounced. I also feel confident the team we have right now isn't going to be the same team that suits up next season.

Raps aren't as good as they were at the start of the season and they aren't as bad as they've been since the all-star break. They'll figure something out by the time the playoffs start and then we'll see if it's enough to make it past the first round...

Unless it's against Charlotte, in which case I'm ready for the D from the Hornets.

zychi

Banned
*bunch of BS attacks and nonsense*

guy who thinks Lebron should stay in Ohio, actively talks about how he wants to leave Ohio.

guy who says he has no bias for Cle teams, says a post later he has a bias for Cleveland teams

guy who says he doesn't care what I say, posts about me in another thread, linking back to a post I made in this thread.

guy who claims he watches basketball, doesn't understand how important Jimmy Butler is to the Bulls.

:eyeroll

re-read this page and take a look at how Ninja replies to my Lebron/Cle posts. You could learn how to actually have a conversation instead of attacking and changing your stance mid-post and attempting to drag me through the mud in another thread that isn't relevant to this thread at all. Whether you're being a troll or not, i'm done conversing with ya. have a good one pal.

You could learn to actually discuss aspects of the NBA that don't involve everyone else in the thread suspending a metric ton of disbelief (like a realistic look at any 2016 teamups, or San Antonio's options after Duncan retires, or Cleveland's options if Love suddenly leaves).

Instead you chose "LeBron is guaranteed to leave Cleveland again" and focused on the one Cleveland fan out of everyone saying "what the fuck are you talking about", all while fabricating "insults" and "changing stances" of mine from whole cloth in an attempt to save what little face you have in this discussion. (To give two examples: your posts in that other thread are relevant insofar as they're indicative of your being remarkably dismissive of everything that contradicts whatever argument you happen to be making; and snarkily talking about bias is probably going to be lost on someone who's looking for every reason to ascribe it.)

It's clear at this point that this is talking to a brick wall, so au revoir.

[snip] for some reason hates everything Cleveland.

It's kind of weird because the Cavs are the only team in the city that I actually like in any capacity now (the Deuxcision thread and its sequel comprise about 90% of my Cleveland sports-related posts since 2013, and the rest is mostly disbelief that the Browns had a decent record at one point) and because I'm pretty sure I've documented my many issues with the city on here, but somehow anything I say now is an 11th-hour shift.

(ah well, dude's a blinder Chicago stan than I could ever hope to be for Cleveland so I might as well carry on ignoring)

demolitio

They play back to back games in Florda and stay on the road for most of the rest of March. April is mostly home games and not as tightly packed.

Just two more back-to-backs left after having the most in the NBA. They had a tough schedule so far that's actually going to get easier here soon so plenty of time to prepare for the playoffs as well.

Oh, and how the hell are we back to talking about LeBron leaving again? People still think that's possible? I'm pretty sure he's trying to build his legacy up with the ultimate prize for a STATE that needs it (not just the city). I don't think he's crazy enough to do that, especially when his return was a calculated move for numerous reasons and he likes his team.

At least the Kevin Love talks have some potential despite what he's repeatedly said. Hell, his new FB picture was a pretty good response on his part without actually saying anything.

I just want to thank Billy King, one more time, for making that trade for Pierce and KG. I don't know how much he's getting paid by the Nets but that man deserves a raise.

zINwji8.png

Top Bottom