• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zychi

Banned
So the bron coming home documentary theyre filming right now, do they end it when the game starts? Cuz theyre not ending the move on a loss lol

Pimpwerx

I recall Miami getting humiliated by Boston in their first game together, and getting off to a slow start in general for that season.

It's early.

Humiliated? The first game was against the defending conference champs, and it was a close game. The issue wasn't defense either, as the Heat played great in the second half. That was a game with jitters, but defense is defense. It's early, but I'll bet you an avatar that team in the bottom half of the league defensively by the all-star break. That roster is one of the worst defensive rosters on paper IIRC. I don't believe there's any stat or metric to lead you to the conclusion that they'll ever be not bad. PEACE.

B.O.O.M

That whole thing backfired gloriously ..I mean holy shit...dat media coverage..dat celebrity support..dat knicks on a B2B....

Sorry cavs fans...I feel bad for laughing but the whole thing was set up to be a disaster if they lost

RoKKeR

untitled-15jcsew.gif

So, so dirty.

dakun

i like Balmer even more after this interview. This guy is passionate and it's not just the cocaine speaking lol

BTW there will totally be a segment on NBA TV dedicated to getting Balmers reactions

wait, were cavs court side seats 10K 0_O please tell me thats not true, shit haha

edit: ah 1K, i must have read it wrong, ebay had 1k for tickets, jeez for an L

Fatalah

Knicks figuring it out! Triangle was kind of non-existent for long stretches of the game.

Was impressed by Wear, Acy, Aldrich, Larkin, and Jason Smith tonight. All of Phil's newbies are hard workers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shumpert on the outs.

Gonzalez

Banned
I know what you guys are saying to yourselves "look at all those excited Cleveland fans on ESPN". Those aren't fans, those are the homeless people of Cleveland. ESPN set up shop on top of their home.

I'm indifferent to the loss since it's only one out of 82 but I love how all of the media expected the Cavs to be good out of the gate. I want the Cavs to experience the same growing pains we did the first year of the big 3 in Miami

Piecake

The cavs will be fine. They barely lost and Lebron was absolutely horrible. As for their defensive issues, I think that is a bit overblown. Kevin Love is not that bad of a defender. Sure, he is average at best, but he is no where near Irving bad.

As for my wolves, I actually am rather impressed. They fought and competed both games theyve played so far and looked pretty good while doing it. 1-1 is not bad, especially since we always seem to suck versus the Grizzlies. Honestly, I am actually enjoying watching the wolves games more this year than the previous years. The ball is constantly moving. It is either being quickly passed or driven to the basket. There is none of that boring 5-10 second ball stopping BS where everyone else just stands around and watches. We will probably suck worse than last year, but I am already liking the team more.

Furyous

This Cavs team needs time gel because this isn't NBA 2K15 where the Cavs can go 82-0.

Kendrick jinxed us with this FUCKING GARBAGE song. I knew we'd lose the second I heard he was performing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsPVNgf8jY

GTFOH with this positivity before a basketball game. We needed Tip to come through and crush the buildings. At least give me the MGK / Stalley combination.

We looked good out there tonight. David Blatt is going to have an interesting year adjusting to this league.

I need a west coast team any suggestions? They can't be a perennial playoff team or have an established somewhat recent history of winning.

Pimpwerx

return of clutch melo. how come heat fans hate bron so much?

I don't hate him, but I don't care for him anymore. Didn't care for him before 2010, and don't care for him now. I'll still call him the GOAT, but he's not on my list of favorite people anymore. He helped win 2 championships, but if his jersey never hangs in the rafters, I won't lose any sleep. The guys he walked out on have embraced the city. The only 3 guys that have to be honored from the last 4 years are Wade, Bosh and UD, because they stayed committed to the cause. I don't speak for the rest of Heat Nation though. PEACE.

Fjordson

This Cavs team needs time gel because this isn't NBA 2K15 where the Cavs can go 82-0.

Kendrick jinxed us with this FUCKING GARBAGE song. I knew we'd lose the second I heard he was performing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsPVNgf8jY

GTFOH with this positivity before a basketball game. We needed Tip to come through and crush the buildings. At least give me the MGK / Stalley combination.

We looked good out there tonight. David Blatt is going to have an interesting year adjusting to this league.

I need a west coast team any suggestions? They can't be a perennial playoff team or have an established somewhat recent history of winning.
Lmao. Such a fucking wack song. Don't know what Kendrick was thinking on that one.

Knicks figuring it out! Triangle was kind of non-existent for long stretches of the game.

Was impressed by Wear, Acy, Aldrich, Larkin, and Jason Smith tonight. All of Phil's newbies are hard workers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shumpert on the outs.
Yup, got sick of seeing Chandler's lazy ass last season. If he returns to his old form with the Mavs, that's great but I'm glad he got shipped out.

I don't know what I'm more mad about right now:

the fact that Cleveland actually lost to that fucking garbage heap

or the fact that I can't drink enough to forget that game happened until tomorrow night

Top Bottom