• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Westlo

So if the Cavs win tomorrow will we completely unite and say that the Cavs will roll through the East?

Some of you guys are being ridiculous lmao. 1 game for a new team that wlll undoubtedly be good (unless they just collapse).

They aren't beating the Bulls
mjlol.png

Westlo

Why is that so hard to believe? Bulls are far from perfect, they beat the Knicks. It'll be a close game.

You realize how fucking hard this bulls team has played the Heat the last 4 years? LeSlim (probably get locked up by Hinrich) and his flawed team gonna get stomped.

Gonzalez

Banned
The Cleveland fans should stop comparing the Cavs to the 10-11 Heat. Instead they should compare them to the 12-13 Lakers, a team that on paper had the potential to dominate the league, but imploded from the inside due to injuries, and bruised egos. These aren't friends getting together to win a title. This is LeBron coming home with hitchhikers that he's never met before trying to prove that he's a good man by bringing home the weird looking dude from Minnesota, and the creepy guy that likes to wear the flesh of old people.

j0hnnix

The Cleveland fans should stop comparing the Cavs to the 10-11 Heat. Instead they should compare the to the 12-13 Lakers, a team that on paper had the potential to dominate the league, but imploded from the inside due to injuries, and bruised egos. These aren't friends getting together to win a title. This is LeBron coming home with hitchhikers that he's never met before trying to prove that he's a good man by bringing home the weird looking dude from Minnesota, and the creepy guy that likes to wear the flesh of old people.

BlakeShock.gif

PBY

Banned
The Cleveland fans should stop comparing the Cavs to the 10-11 Heat. Instead they should compare them to the 12-13 Lakers, a team that on paper had the potential to dominate the league, but imploded from the inside due to injuries, and bruised egos. These aren't friends getting together to win a title. This is LeBron coming home with hitchhikers that he's never met before trying to prove that he's a good man by bringing home the weird looking dude from Minnesota, and the creepy guy that likes to wear the flesh of old people.
Don't do this to yourself

Pimpwerx

So if the Cavs win tomorrow will we completely unite and say that the Cavs will roll through the East?

Some of you guys are being ridiculous lmao. 1 game for a new team that wlll undoubtedly be good (unless they just collapse).
Wow! It's really like the last 4 years didn't happen. Ha! What do you want, perspective? This media love in ends the moment there's a kink in the armor.

This is the build up to the tear down. Cleveland hasn't seen anything yet. The inundation of ads is going to get old quick, and the backlash will be hilarious. Irrational, instant overreactions come with the territory. I'm glad we have a good team without all the nonsense. At least we had legit title aspirations to go along with the circus. PEACE.

that ether

The Cavs are just making their inevitable 80 win season all that much harder on themselves with the loss yesterday and the one that'll happen today. It's ok, though, because we all know they've got this.

Soonri

Westbrook injury came two weeks to the day after Durant's surgery. Puts both stars on same 4-to-6 week timetable

Jeez. If they turn out to be healthy and Lamb, PJ3 and Jackson can hold the fort down and show that they got skills... watch out.

Hopefully they get the 8th seed so they can knock out Spurs/Clips

Two Words

I can already feel it. Dallas is going to have a great season where they get the 3th seed, only to have to face a healthy 6th seed Thunder team in the first round since their record will take a hit :(

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m6 minutes ago
Yahoo Sources: The Utah Jazz's Alec Burks has reached agreement on a four-year, $42 million extension. http://yhoo.it/1G2qZA6

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
With reachable incentives, Alec Burks' deal with the Jazz could climb to $45 million, sources told Yahoo Sports.

...is Alec Burks worth $45m? Not knowing anything, I wouldn't have expected him to be within $3-6m of Kemba.

Bowser

That's a great contract for the Jazz, Burks has shown serious improvement of late.

Interesting. Lowe seems to think both Kemba and Burks were overpaid:

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 34m34 minutes ago
Feel like we have to hold off evaluating these extensions till we know cap mechanics. But Kemba/Burks deals strike me as...a lot.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 33m33 minutes ago
But extensions usually feel that way. Paying for upside. Neither has done quite enough to feel indispensable at that $, but both will grow.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 32m32 minutes ago
Kemba may never be a top-15 PG. Burks has been a perfectly fine, average wing on both ends. Gotta see how cap goes, how they evolve.

Fjordson

Neither of those deals are good at the moment. But like Lowe said, the teams are hoping they will be in the near future in they improve.

B.O.O.M

haha god I do love watching this dude just go nuts..very entertaining :D

oh and ya'all see this one? The pregame speech by Lebron...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-james-delivers-incredibly-douchey-pre-game-speech/

hahaha

“Don’t take this moment for granted. This is going to be one of the — this is one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports. And we’re a part of it. And it has a lot to do with me. I understand that. But I wouldn’t want to do it with no other guys besides ya’ll.”

tm24

Westbrook injury came two weeks to the day after Durant's surgery. Puts both stars on same 4-to-6 week timetable

Westbrook is 4-6 weeks too? Could of swore i saw 8-12. Also, i would be scared to be a top seed come playoffs time if the Thunder can hold the fort.

U2NUMB

Hey KLove, the Wolves have a better record than your cavs :V

As a wolves fan I am so happy with the overall vibe and attitude of the new squad. KLove was a cancer to this organization... I have no doubt he will do fine in cleveland but I would say watch out if for some reason things do not go well..

Soonri

Spurs are paying Kawhi, he's too good. What I'm really interested in is seeing if they'll trust Splitter a lot more on the offensive end. I haven't watched them outside of the opener so I don't know if he'll have progressed from last season when he gets back.

I can already feel it. Dallas is going to have a great season where they get the 3th seed, only to have to face a healthy 6th seed Thunder team in the first round since their record will take a hit :(
OKC will need to be better than at least the Grizz, Suns and Pelicans if they want that 6th seed. Mavs should just worry about themselves and that defense (super scared and intrigued about Brow tomorrow).

People keep talking about all these teams that got it together and won but never talk about all the teams that were good for your NBA 2k squad but could never get it together in the real world.

Who will the Cavs be?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As a wolves fan I am so happy with the overall vibe and attitude of the new squad. KLove was a cancer to this organization... I have no doubt he will do fine in cleveland but I would say watch out if for some reason things do not go well..

In his defense, he was kind of a whipping boy in the beginning.

Bowser

So many obits in here for the Cavs after one subpar game.

I think they definitely took the Knicks lightly. I think they'll be on their game for the Bulls.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
When shit gets rocky in Cleveland, that clown show front office isn't going to have Blatt's back the way Riley has Spo's. Blatt will be the first to go and GM LeBron will pick his own coach.

I it would be amazing of Joakim parodies this speech tonight, Christ.
“Don’t take this moment for granted. This is going to be one of the — this is one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports. And we’re a part of it. And it has a lot to do with me. I understand that. But I wouldn’t want to do it with no other guys besides ya’ll.”

82Mme6U.gif

lmao that was worse than his game last night.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m6 minutes ago
Yahoo Sources: The Utah Jazz's Alec Burks has reached agreement on a four-year, $42 million extension. http://yhoo.it/1G2qZA6

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
With reachable incentives, Alec Burks' deal with the Jazz could climb to $45 million, sources told Yahoo Sports.

...is Alec Burks worth $45m? Not knowing anything, I wouldn't have expected him to be within $3-6m of Kemba.
I don't even know who that dude is

Bowser

It's hard to tell the size here, but this cake was half the size of the table! Just delivered it to the @hornets organization for their Halloween party today! R.I.P. Bobcats; the hornets are back!!! All buttercream with fondant details. Feeds 100+ #coffin #cakes #halloweencakes

BtwgRp0.jpg

MVP

Banned
you win on those other bets? honestly didnt pay attention to what you actually bet

Yeah, won on WAS vs ORL yesterday too, 4-0 on the NBA so far, good start...ever since I got to Vegas I've been solid, would've won on the NO/CAR game but I didn't bet it since I'm not so confident in NFL picks

qpfe7rU.png

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah, won on WAS vs ORL yesterday too, 4-0 on the NBA so far, good start...ever since I got to Vegas I've been solid, would've won on the NO/CAR game but I didn't bet it since I'm not so confident in NFL picks

qpfe7rU.png

How fucking loaded are you to be casually dropping a few grand a game?

Pimpwerx

qpfe7rU.png

You got any tips for this weekend's NBA schedule? I can't bet the amounts you do, but I wouldn't mind making a little side change. PEACE.

Top Bottom