• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

It's odd seeing the OKC Thunder tied for 13th place in the Western conference. They played 2 of the top teams in the Western Conference to start, but they need Durant back if they want a decent seed in the playoffs. bi-polar westbrook can't do it by himself.

Conversely, Rockets in dat 1 seed position. we're going wire to wire as the 1 seed book it!

lol jk

Bowser

Klay got paid:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m2 minutes ago
ESPN sources say that Thompson and the Warriors have struck a four-year max agreement that is projected to be worth in the $70 million range

overcast

It's odd seeing the OKC Thunder tied for 13th place in the Western conference. They played 2 of the top teams in the Western Conference to start, but they need Durant back if they want a decent seed in the playoffs. bi-polar westbrook can't do it by himself.

Conversely, Rockets in dat 1 seed position. we're going wire to wire as the 1 seed book it!

lol jk
Well it looks like for 6+ weeks it's an Ibaka led team? Did we get official time out for Westbrook?

Rockets have a few good tests next week. Heat/Spurs coming up.

I'm ok with this...for now..

When wouldn't you be ok with it?

Wait...

17.5 per?? That is a bit much and I think Klay is worth 15 million per.

Wait.. 4 year extension right...

So, the 3 million he was due to earn THIS year is replaced by 14 million, then he gets 14 million for four additional years? Dat right?

Soonri

Klay got paid:

ESPN sources say that Thompson and the Warriors have struck a four-year max agreement that is projected to be worth in the $70 million range

He should hook up his agent. He makes more than Steph!

phanphare

Banned
BtwgRp0.jpg

I'm wiping away tears right now

MVP

Banned
How fucking loaded are you to be casually dropping a few grand a game?

Not as loaded as I want to be, but once you win a couple games you're basically playing with the house's money at that point.

After losing thousands betting on the Heat winning every single game he's finally come to his senses and actually been right about something.

Ha! If I was in Vegas during last season, the Heat would have probably cost me a nice amount, although me talking shit and making predictions is different than me actually putting money on a game.

You got any tips for this weekend's NBA schedule? I can't bet the amounts you do, but I wouldn't mind making a little side change. PEACE.

I don't see any odds for those yet, so can't really make any calls on those. BTW, any calls I make are for entertainment purposes, you will lose money if you follow any of them, etc.

B.O.O.M

Klay got paid:

holy shit...you guys think he is worth that much? Honest question not trying to be a smartass about it

82Mme6U.gif

lmao that was worse than his game last night.

lol I mean it's not like he didn't know there were mics and cameras on him at the time...and we still have fools who think it was actually Lebron who wrote that 'letter' and not a PR team or something haha

Pimpwerx

I don't see any odds for those yet, so can't really make any calls on those. BTW, any calls I make are for entertainment purposes, you will lose money if you follow any of them, etc.
Ha. I'm old school. I know that if you ask anyone for tips, you're taking a risk. Can't blame someone when you ask them for advice. PEACE.

holy shit...you guys think he is worth that much? Honest question not trying to be a smartass about it

No but that's his market value right now. There aren't too many talented two guards in the L right now. Klay is a young top tier 3 point shooter , good defensive player with no injury concerns ( knock on wood). Couple that with the fact that the L just signed a very lucrative broadcasting deal recently guaranteed to raise the salary cap by 10+ million dollars/ team. Basically by signing him to an expensive deal now, the W's are betting that his deal winds up being a bargin because average salaries are set to rise soon. It's the same reason why Eric Bledsoe got such a long and lucrative deal.

What shooting guard not named James Harden (who I wouldn't rather have) do you think is worth 15 million over the next 5 seasons?

Klay just had a bad shooting game against Sacramento. He shot 4-14. He still put in 19 points, 6 assist and 2 rebounds. +21 per, and had a bad game. He's a legit 20 points, 6 assist guy that will get the toughest wing assignment every night.

He's going to make 3 million this year. Yeah, he's worth it.

B.O.O.M

No but that's his market value right now. There aren't too many talented two guards in the L right now. Klay is a young top tier 3 point shooter , good defensive player with no injury concerns ( knock on wood). Couple that with the fact that the L just signed a very lucrative broadcasting deal recently guaranteed to raise the salary cap by 10+ million dollars/ team. Basically by signing him to an expensive deal now, the W's are betting that his deal winds up being a bargin because average salaries are set to rise soon. It's the same reason why Eric Bledsoe got such a long and lucrative deal.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :)

What shooting guard not named James Harden (who I wouldn't rather have) do you think is worth 15 million over the next 5 seasons?

Klay just had a bad shooting game against Sacramento. He shot 4-14. He still put in 19 points, 6 assist and 2 rebounds. +21 per, and had a bad game. He's a legit 20 points, 6 assist guy that will get the toughest wing assignment every night.

He's going to make 3 million this year. Yeah, he's worth it.

well I mean, just because there aren't many SG's doesn't mean I'm going to say he is worth it :p But yes given the imminent salary cap raise + how important he is to the W's offense I can see why they go for this deal

Good thing Klay was able to hold Harden to 100 points in 3 games last year while Klay lit him up for 35 points..that shit don't even out..

Yeah because the Warriors only play against the Rockets 82 times a year.

edit- No one said he's better than Harden. Just that Klay currently is a top 5-10 player in his position currently. He also plays way better defense than Harden.

Fjordson

Klay vs. Harden is sort of a meaningless comparison without any context. Klay is so much better for this current team than Harden would be because of his ability to mostly play off the ball on offense. At the end of the day this is Curry's offense (who is better than both) so what Klay does simply fits perfectly.

I don't really know if he's worth this deal, but we were in a tough spot. In the end I'm glad we signed him. We backed off of Kevin Love and decided to stick with Klay. Need to stand by that then and pay the man. Regardless of his exact value, he's certainly one of the best shooting guards in the league.

Tom Penny

Yeah because the Warriors only play against the Rockets 82 times a year.

edit- No one said he's better than Harden. Just that Klay currently is a top 5-10 player in his position currently. He also plays way better defense than Harden.

He's basically the same player as Wesley Mathews except he makes over twice as much money...

Splatt

This is the first time I'm seeing the injury plagued Indiana play and I have no idea how they are leading against Memphis.

That Copeland guy is so slow and awful

So will that Lenny Kravitz song replace Kendrick's "I" tonight? I don't think I can take hearing that garbage ass song again tonight.

Soonri

Keep this white rookie on Rose all night long.

Dellavedova's actually not bad, but he's just not going to keep up with DRose.

Another note - San Antonio are at Phoenix later tonight... on League Pass! On national tv it's Clips at the Lakers, just who the Clips needed lmao

Top Bottom