• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

untitled-1x8sb1.gif

Klay Thompson with that career high.

KG still has it but I think he was getting tired at the end of the game.

Johnson tore our shit up.

Smith is a clown as usual. Send him back to Hotlanta, please.

Jonm1010

Banned
does anyone think Davis is not winning MVP?
MVP's tend to be the best player on a very good team. Outside of Davis our team is not playing smart basketball. Especielly late in the game.

We got away with it last game because it was Orlando but I am worried we are about to be 1-5 after this upcoming phase of the schedule: back to back @mem/char, @Sas, @cle. I honestly have a hard time seeing this team winning any of those with the way we are playing.

Lin may be on a new team, but the dude is abysmal. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't be aggressive, can't not turn the ball over, can't do shit.

iamblades

MVP's tend to be the best player on a very good team. Outside of Davis our team is not playing smart basketball. Especielly late in the game.

We got away with it last game because it was Orlando but I am worried we are about to be 1-5 after this upcoming phase of the schedule: back to back @mem/char, @Sas, @cle. I honestly have a hard time seeing this team winning any of those with the way we are playing.

Yeah Davis got 1 shot in the 4th, and I don't think he even got to touch the ball the last 5 minutes of the game on offense.

How is he supposed to drag the team to being a contender when stuff like that happens?

I still think it is possible though, because all the contending teams have multiple great players, if they manage to get into the playoffs in a decent position he may just win it because he is so clearly the best player on that team. If you name any other potential MVP candidate the dropoff from best player on the team to second best is miniscule in comparison. The three most likely candidates (James, Durant, and Griffin probably?) all have a second top 10 player on their team. Davis has either Asik or Jrue as second best player on his team? Gordon and Evans are inconsistent chuckers and Anderson is a quality role player, but still just a role player.

Yeah Davis got 1 shot in the 4th, and I don't think he even got to touch the ball the last 5 minutes of the game on offense.

How is he supposed to drag the team to being a contender when stuff like that happens?

I still think it is possible though, because all the contending teams have multiple great players, if they manage to get into the playoffs in a decent position he may just win it because he is so clearly the best player on that team. If you name any other potential MVP candidate the dropoff from best player on the team to second best is miniscule in comparison. The three most likely candidates (James, Durant, and Griffin probably?) all have a second top 10 player on their team. Davis has either Asik or Jrue as second best player on his team? Gordon and Evans are inconsistent chuckers and Anderson is a quality role player, but still just a role player.

The coach sucks. If the Pelicans get a better coach AD would be in a better position to succeed but until then they'll continue to play fuckball.

Jonm1010

Banned
Moving from Jason Smith to Asik was a downgrade imo. When he was healthy Smith and Davis were a pretty nasty combo on the court.

I disagree 100%. Smith was a redundancy with Ryno and Davis. He is a finesse center/forward that, as you said, was often injured. He wasn't a capable starting 5 for 82 games.

Not get me wrong, I loved the guys work ethic, hustle and contributions but he wasn't ideal here.

What we needed was a rim protector who can lockdown the paint while AD roams and not get abused by the bigger 5's in the league. Asik gives us that and I hope to see him in a pelicans uniform for a long time.

Not the biggest Klay Thompson fan, but man is he lighting it up lately.

He's worth his money. (and no, David Lee, Klay and Harrison for Love wouldn't have been better for the Dubs)

Warriors in Portland tonight. Free to watch on NBA League Pass.

Should be a good matchup between up and coming franchises.

Without David Lee i think the Blazers have the better starting 5, but the Warriors are the deeper team.

Pastry

Banned
Injuries really fucked me over in fantasy this week. West, Lopez, Calderon, Beverly and Frye all would have been nice to get a couple of points from lol

Who is the Raptors color guy? I like the play by play guy, but his buddy...hooooo, he killed any shot the Raptors had of being one of my League Pass teams.

I could probably listen to him 5 games max in a season.

Maybe I'll pick Miami...god....at least the free week let me hear quite a few broadcast teams.

Cole Slaw

Banned
Looking forward to tonight's GSW vs. POR game.

Fully expecting there to be a playoffs atmosphere, and GSW to leave them broken deep within their souls.

Top Bottom