• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Truly impressive with the murderer's row Houston has played so far.

Good teams still have to take care of business against lesser teams. 3-0 on the road is nothing to sneeze at no matter who you play. If we win @ Miami tomorrow it will make the great start by the Rockets even better

Good teams still have to take care of business against lesser teams. 3-0 on the road is nothing to sneeze at no matter who you play. If we win @ Miami tomorrow it will make the great start by the Rockets even better

Tomorrow is the game where we'll see if the Heat (or the Rockets) are off to a great start. Let's face it the Heat faced an injury filled Wizards team, a garbage Philly team, and the Raptors who I think have regressed

I was about to post how can Mavs let Celts get close... Then Mavs scored 7 just like that.

Yeah but Dallas was up by like 30 and only won by 5.

Tomorrow is the game where we'll see if the Heat (or the Rockets) are off to a great start. Let's face it the Heat faced an injury filled Wizards team, a garbage Philly team, and the Raptors who I think have regressed

I think the Rockets were planning on resting most of the starters against Philly tonight so they could be fresh for Miami tomorrow, but Philly kept the game close and didn't allow that to happen. I'm afraid a tired Rockets team will show up in Miami tomorrow

What in the fuck man. I've never seen a team give up leads like the Mavs do in the 3rd. It happens every single game now. I don't feel safe with any lead that gets built in the first half, because it's almost always going to be erased when the 3rd starts. Fuckin fuck, that game was too much lol.

Soonri

What in the fuck man. I've never seen a team give up leads like the Mavs do in the 3rd. It happens every single game now. I don't feel safe with any lead that gets built in the first half, because it's almost always going to be erased when the 3rd starts. Fuckin fuck, that game was too much lol.

Mavs lost Aminu, who they could stick on Jeff Green. Avery Bradley went fucking HAM, and C's outworked Dallas for rebounds for most of the second half.

It really puzzles me that Carlisle didn't play Crowder in the second half. It seems like if you fall into a lull, you want some energy guys like him and Brandan Wright (who instantly charged up the offense with Devin Harris). Not to mention that he was hyped in training camp as one of the best defenders...

Also, I think Jameer needs to either be replaced in the beginning of the 3rd or have Monta run the pick and roll. He's been careless.

Apath

Hell yeah, Parsons earning his pay check. And to top it off, Chris Paul is off to a great start. He's been beasting it every game so far.

Mavs lost Aminu, who they could stick on Jeff Green. Avery Bradley went fucking HAM, and C's outworked Dallas for rebounds for most of the second half.

It really puzzles me that Carlisle didn't play Crowder in the second half. It seems like if you fall into a lull, you want some energy guys like him and Brandan Wright (who instantly charged up the offense with Devin Harris). Not to mention that he was hyped in training camp as one of the best defenders...

Also, I think Jameer needs to either be replaced in the beginning of the 3rd or have Monta run the pick and roll. He's been careless.

I actually like the idea of them playing Nelson like they did Calderon, and just stuff him up around the top of the 3pt line while Monta handles the ball. He shoots the 3 ball pretty damn good.

I just hope Aminu isn't hurt too bad, but I bet it's like some season ending injury or something. He was doing a great job on Green while he was out there from what I can remember. I don't really like Jefferson being out there when Dirk sits though, I think I'd rather see Crowder..

MVP

Banned
MVP losing 2 grand last night like whatev

it happens brah...there's always another game

cHbdQZb.jpg

Soonri

I actually like the idea of them playing Nelson like they did Calderon, and just stuff him up around the top of the 3pt line while Monta handles the ball. He shoots the 3 ball pretty damn good.

I just hope Aminu isn't hurt too bad, but I bet it's like some season ending injury or something. He was doing a great job on Green while he was out there from what I can remember. I don't really like Jefferson being out there when Dirk sits though, I think I'd rather see Crowder..
Yep Jameer's not there yet in regards to the offense, but so are a lot of our players. It's still early in the season, and it still feels like Mad Scientist Carlisle is still figuring out a bunch of lineups.

The Mavs really need Aminu because of him being our longest perimeter defender. If he's down for an extended period of time, you're going to see more leads given up. Perimeter defense (and by extension, 3 pt defense) is going to be trouble for this squad. The thing about Crowder vs Jefferson is that Jefferson is BY FAR the more consistent shooter - which means more space the defense has to extend. As for defense, I dunno who's better.

As soon as free agency starts this season I want Cubes to open up his checkbook for Reggie Jackson.

3-1 is an encouraging start, especially with wins over the Blazers and the Clips. Also, 2-0 on the road for the first time since 2001-2002. What an awesome pickup Darren Collison has been.

Sucks that no SG is producing for the Kings though. Mclemore continues to bust and Staukas is still pretty raw. Speaking of SGs, who are the top 4 SGs in the league now? I'm thinking (in no order) Klay Thompson, Harden, Wade, and Derozan.

Soonri

3-1 is an encouraging start, especially with wins over the Blazers and the Clips. Also, 2-0 on the road for the first time since 2001-2002. What an awesome pickup Darren Collison has been.

Sucks that no SG is producing for the Kings though. Mclemore continues to bust and Staukas is still pretty raw. Speaking of SGs, who are the top 4 SGs in the league now? I'm thinking (in no order) Klay Thompson, Harden, Wade, and Derozan.

What's the point of ranking 'em?

Also, can the Mavs have McLemore? We'll give up 2nd round picks for him!

overcast

Hopefully Rockets can play a good game tomorrow, 4-0 start is good.. Hard not to look at our competition so far though.

We have the Heat, Spurs and Warriors. Should be interesting.

JoeFu

Banned
Guys always go off on the Mavs, every single time. Been happening for ages. This season has had Tyreke Evans, Avery Bradley, and Jeff Green go off on us already. We really need to do something about the defense and those awful third quarters. Still we're one shot (or one less Dirk and Tyson T) away from 4-0... I'll take it.

Happy to see Parsons playing well too.

For a team that has barely played together, the offense is so sexy, just gotta get that team D up.

DMczaf

Nets put up 116 pts and KG still can't get in double figures?

Stubborn motherfucker need to tap out to Father Time.

Bowser

PT ‏@PTisFLY · 3m3 minutes ago
I just watched this on loop 8 times @lifewitharn 😂😂 @CBSSports: There was a triple-flop in the NBA last night vine.co/v/OO0tqxJvtiI

tm24

I'd put Derozan over Wade and Harden over Thompson. What interests me more are who follow those guys. Stephenson? Ellis? Beal?

tm24

Derozen vs. Klay?

And why?

I have it Wade (when 100%) Harden, Klay, Beal, Derozan...in that order.

I can't have wade at the top because a 100% Wade isn't possible. It's just not possible. You're getting a shooting guard that's only playing 30 minutes at best and that number is just gonna go down as the season goes. His FG% is worse then all of them but Harden's. The difference being that even if Harden can't get the shot down, he can still drive and shoot FTs all day. Harden and Derozan are really good at getting FTs. Klay is being more physical this year and getting a lot more FTs in the 3 games i've watched. This is really why i think Harden is the best SG. Yes, we can rag on Harden's D all day, but on the other end he is just plain brilliant.

As for Derozen vs Klay, i like Klay better since he's just a better shooter. He opens up the floor more which just works for his team's style. I definitely need to watch more Raptors game this season, so maybe i just need more time to watch DeRozen.

Fjordson

If Klay can score anywhere close to what he's done so far then I'd easily put him at #1. Harden plays zero defense.

But I'm not totally convinced Klay can keep it up. I think he'll definitely have his best year yet, but 29 ppg on 54% shooting is krazy.

If Klay can score anywhere close to what he's done so far then I'd easily put him at #1. Harden plays zero defense.

But I'm not totally convinced Klay can keep it up. I think he'll definitely have his best year yet, but 29 ppg on 54% shooting is krazy.

Warriors give up 105 every night. Individual perimeter defense is overrated.

jptrey06

Remember when nuggets fans are saying the firing of George Karl is a good decision? Look at what happened to the Nuggets. I'm pretty sure a first round exit is better than not making the playoffs at all.

I 100% the Cavs to be under .500 for a few weeks and for the media to overreact because they just expect a team with a bunch of players that have never played together to go 82-0 just because of the "big three."

It's gonna be Miami all over again.

overcast

PT ‏@PTisFLY · 3m3 minutes ago
I just watched this on loop 8 times @lifewitharn 😂😂 @CBSSports: There was a triple-flop in the NBA last night vine.co/v/OO0tqxJvtiI
Lmao.
And tonight should be fun, though, and i can't wait to see bosh make dwight look like a chump.
Dwight will have 19 and 11. Going to be a good one though.
10617101_1489949047928022_540054835_a.jpg

Klay is the real MVP big pay check and a bad GF.
Whoa dere Klay.

Soonri

Heat and Rockets running smooth on O. KPap's made some good passes inside to Dwight - him and Motiejunas will need to play well tonight.

Top Bottom