• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Kobe, Pau, Lin, Davis, Ellington, Nick Young, that's a 7th or 8th seed. You never know what could in a series so just getting into the playoffs is huge.

0-5 could easily be 3-2 right now if someone like Pau was on the team:

vs Clippers - had a 4 point lead entering the 4th
vs Golden State - had a lead deep into the 2nd
vs Suns tonight - obviously could have won this

At the very least, 2-3, which would be totally fine for a monster 5 game stretch vs 5 playoff teams, including 4 games in 5 days.

If your team isn't competitive for a title, then just treading water and making the playoffs is counter-productive. You have to do what my Cavs did - go for it all by signing big name free agents.

Scott @ WFNY @WFNYScott
Follow
Dion Waiters passed the ball just five times in 27 minutes on the floor.
I would bet most of those passes happened when He and Kyrie were playing buddy ball even though Love and Bron were also on the court lol.

"Everyone wants to win, I would hope," James said. "Would you rather play selfish basketball and lose, or play unselfish basketball and sacrifice and win? So you pick it."
how_i_feel_watching_conservatives_react_to_president_obamas_re_election-11081.gif

woo shots fired.
More on this link

I would bet most of those passes happened when He and Kyrie were playing buddy ball even though Love and Bron were also on the court lol.

how_i_feel_watching_conservatives_react_to_president_obamas_re_election-11081.gif

woo shots fired.
More on this link

it's gonna be fun watching lebron vent in cleveland now that he doesn't have a top 5 star for a teammate to keep him honest and an organization that doesn't tolerate bs. this season is gonna be fun.

Free NBA League Pass is over.

I had to commit.

Here are my teams for the season.

1) Warriors...duh
2) Pelicans...best announcing team
3) Bulls....my son wanted their games
4) Suns....this is one of the most entertaining rosters in bball. I hate Dragic, love Gerald Green and the twins, Bledsoe....and they are young.
5) Wizards...I swapped these guys for the Cavs because I can't take the Cavs announcers. Plus Cavs will be on ESPN plenty this season and I've got WatchESPN.

imo..all entertaining teams that should make the playoffs (except Pelicans)

LeBron is insane if he doesn't think Waiters and Irving should get the ball more

Best backcourt in the league

for all the shit i gave miami for not ever having a decent PG during the lebron years, i feel like it would've been wasted anyhow since lebron has basically enjoyed playing the point his whole career. It's gonna take the cavs a while to adjust so that they all learn to play off the ball because lebron is going to want to bring the ball upcourt more often than not.

for all the shit i gave miami for not ever having a decent PG during the lebron years, i feel like it would've been wasted anyhow since lebron has basically enjoyed playing the point his whole career. It's gonna take the cavs a while to adjust so that they all learn to play off the ball because lebron is going to want to bring the ball upcourt more often than not.

It's kind of ironic that he's probably a much better passer than their #1 pick PG.

I miss the good ol' days :(

And LeBron is probably a better passer than most good PGs in the league, so it's not too much of an insult to kyrie

He's terrific at the lightning-fast no-look underhanded pass at the top of the key when he's not being guarded closely and neither is the guy he is passing to.

I miss the good ol' days :(

And LeBron is probably a better passer than most good PGs in the league, so it's not too much of an insult to kyrie

Kevin Love is probably a better passer than Kyrie too. Kyrie seems to be more of a Derrick Rose-style PG who shoots first and passes second.

Soonri

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

I know the Lakers are 0-5, but they are playing exciting basketball and Kobe is worth the price of admission.

MAGIC PLZ!!!!!

B.O.O.M

I know the Lakers are 0-5, but they are playing exciting basketball and Kobe is worth the price of admission.

MAGIC PLZ!!!!!

I mean I can't fault fans for keeping the faith alive man..if they can still enjoy themselves despite losses and what good on em

Bowser

MAGIC PLZ!!!!!

Earvin Magic Johnson @MagicJohnson
Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.

VQjroYb.gif

tm24

I went to the Heat/Rockets game last night and both teams are legit championship contenders.

He's on some good stuff

The Wiz has beaten us the last 4 times. Most upsetting about the loss last night was it was a home game. And it always happens because they resort to shitty ISO plays and chuck up shots.

However I do like some stuff. Shump has been pretty solid so far and isnt the whiny shitty player he was last year. Jason Smith is a surprise and Dalembert is solid. No more bitch ass skinny legs Tyson to constantly complain at refs. Amare has been great too.

Knicks are probably going to be a .500 team most of the season but I feel confident they will start playing better towards the end of the season.

Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.

VQjroYb.gif

Its like MJ just slurped some really long ramen and decided he doesnt like the taste.

DMczaf

VQjroYb.gif

...does he realize you have to at least be valuable to your team?

Piecake

Free NBA League Pass is over.

I had to commit.

Here are my teams for the season.

1) Warriors...duh
2) Pelicans...best announcing team
3) Bulls....my son wanted their games
4) Suns....this is one of the most entertaining rosters in bball. I hate Dragic, love Gerald Green and the twins, Bledsoe....and they are young.
5) Wizards...I swapped these guys for the Cavs because I can't take the Cavs announcers. Plus Cavs will be on ESPN plenty this season and I've got WatchESPN.

imo..all entertaining teams that should make the playoffs (except Pelicans)

Wolves have the best announcers.

Bowser

Lol the guy has gone off the deep end.

...does he realize you have to at least be valuable to your team?

Go home Magic you're drunk

Magic thinks half the league is in running for MVP:

I definitely got a chance to watch 4 early MVP candidates play in Harden, Howard, Wade and Bosh!

Other early MVP candidates are Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker & Dirk. When Westbrook & Durant get back they will be in the mix also.

Fjordson

Magic thinks half the league is in running for MVP:

I definitely got a chance to watch 4 early MVP candidates play in Harden, Howard, Wade and Bosh!

Other early MVP candidates are Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker & Dirk. When Westbrook & Durant get back they will be in the mix also.
Hope a third tweet for Anthony Davis is on the way. And a fourth for Klay.

so basically magic has every starter in the league in MVP contention. sounds like magic alright

can't wait for magic to announce that a basketball player will eventually win mvp because he's a good player.

Bowser

Hope a third tweet for Anthony Davis is on the way. And a fourth for Klay.

You missed his earlier tweet that I posted:

Fjordson

You missed his earlier tweet that I posted:

Holy shit. It really is half the league :lol

Clippers @ Golden State tonight, gonna be fun

Yeah it is. I attended the playoff game last year at the Oracle where the Clips wore their warmups inside out... first game after the Sterling news broke. Dubs blew out the Clips. Fun game to watch. Super stoked for this year's team. #1 in Power Rankings after week 1. Klay has been a beast since signing his new deal, Bogut is healthy, although Lee is not :( Remains to be seen how their off season acquisitions will pay off.

Yeah it is. I attended the playoff game last year at the Oracle where the Clips wore their warmups inside out... first game after the Sterling news broke. Dubs blew out the Clips. Fun game to watch. Super stoked for this year's team. #1 in Power Rankings after week 1. Klay has been a beast since signing his new deal, Bogut is healthy, although Lee is not :( Remains to be seen how their off season acquisitions will pay off.

I believe Lee is suiting up tonight...

CSX

Just saw that Hack-a-Shaq is banned in D-League. Interesting stuff. Simply, team gets to choose which player shoots the FTs now.

Fjordson

Just saw that Hack-a-Shaq is banned in D-League. Interesting stuff. Simply, team gets to choose which player shoots the FTs now.
Really? Wow.

I kinda like it in that hack-a-whoever can bring the pace of the game down and make it kinda boring, but at the same time I don't think players should be excused from not being able to shoot. Especially one dimensional ass dudes like Deandre Jordan and shit.

edit: hope I didn't jinx our game tonight. Please don't kill us Deandre.

Really? Wow.

I kinda like it in that hack-a-whoever can bring the pace of the game down and make it kinda boring, but at the same time I don't think players should be excused from not being able to shoot. Especially one dimensional ass dues like Deandre Jordan and shit.

edit: hope I didn't jinx our game tonight. Please don't kill us Deandre.

I don't think every player should be required to consistently make shots from more than a few feet out. Some guys like DJ are there primarily for defense, rebounding, and point-blank shots. I may be a bit of a hypocrite since I'm against the DH in baseball, but at least with baseball, the game doesn't drag to a halt each time a pitcher comes up to bat. I don't think DJ's poor free throw shooting is due to a lack of trying. I just think he is a naturally poor shooter. I don't really like Hack-a-Dwight either, even when we're playing the Rockets.

Fjordson

I don't think every player should be required to consistently make shots from more than a few feet out. Some guys like DJ are there primarily for defense, rebounding, and point-blank shots. I may be a bit of a hypocrite since I'm against the DH in baseball, but at least with baseball, the game doesn't drag to a halt each time a pitcher comes up to bat. I don't think DJ's poor free throw shooting is due to a lack of trying. I just think he is a naturally poor shooter. I don't really like Hack-a-Dwight either, even when we're playing the Rockets.
Well no player is required to make jumpers / free throws to play in the league, but I still don't think that weakness should be softened. It's simply something that teams should have to deal with imo if they choose to have players like that on their roster.

That being said, I actually think this will become less of an issue in the future. I mean I doubt big men will ever be as uniformly good as guards when it comes to shooting, but versatility is becoming more and more important in the game and there's an increasingly large number of bigger players these days who can shoot.

Top Bottom