• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

30-for-30.jpg

It's been so frustrating listening/watching Laker games because they need so much help on D. I wanna agree with the announcers that tonight in the 4th Suns had it easy getting to the basket

wrong thread

It's no guarantee we get a top 5 pick. Look at last year, we got some shit pick and the kid turns out to be some injury-prone flop.

the more we lose the closer to a guarantee. Again, I'd rather have the pick than win 30 games and lose the pick. It's not like we're talking about either being in the lottery or making the playoffs. This team is terrible. It's just a matter of how terrible they can be. I'd rather just bottom out. Not like I'm taking any pride in going 30-52 over 15-67.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahaha that picture from the Rose Garden. I'm sad they changed the name.
Anthony Davis with another 24 and 13 + 3 blocks. Just an average night's work
BEAST
I'm on a sugar rush and just fantasized that he was the Warriors' 4.

edit: I'm hoping we see a 50/50 night for Kobe. (shots/points)

The problem with the Cavs is there's not enough shots to go around. Dion Waiters shouldn't be taking 1 shot less than LeBron. Waiters is a scrub, a cocky scrub too. Kyrie shouldn't be taking 5 shots more than LeBron. Tristan Thompson (!) shouldn't be taking the same amount of shots as LeBron.

LeBron needs to assert himself. He needs to become the alpha dog and put these inefficient 40% FG shooters like Kyrie and Waiters on the burner.

With Miami, it was LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. None of the role players messed with them. They knew who the alphas were and knew who needed to be getting the ball.

the more we lose the closer to a guarantee. Again, I'd rather have the pick than win 30 games and lose the pick. It's not like we're talking about either being in the lottery or making the playoffs. This team is terrible. It's just a matter of how terrible they can be. I'd rather just bottom out. Not like I'm taking any pride in going 30-52 over 15-67.
I still can't believe the front office couldn't pick up one really good free agent signing this offseason. That's all it would have took to at least make the team competitive. When you're 20 mil under the cap (whatever it was) and you're best signing is Jeremy Lin, there's a problem. You've fucked up.

I still can't believe the front office couldn't pick up one really good free agent signing this offseason. That's all it would have took to at least make the team competitive. When you're 20 mil under the cap (whatever it was) and you're best signing is Jeremy Lin, there's a problem. You've fucked up.

They didn't want to sign anyone beyond 2016. Bottoming out was the best option. There wasn't a free agent out there that would have made them competitive enough. I think the front office made the decision to ride out Kobe's last 2 years.

I don't wanna hear about Kobe being the reason nobody signed, either. He's done in two years. So all you have to do is sign your huge, long-term max contract and deal with him for two years and then you got the team and the city all to yourself... the top dog for the Los Angeles Lakers. Just had to weather the storm for two seasons. The front office couldn't convince a guy to do that?

They didn't want to sign anyone beyond 2016. Bottoming out was the best option. There wasn't a free agent out there that would have made them competitive enough. I think the front office made the decision to ride out Kobe's last 2 years.
Love, Melo, even guys like Parsons... any one of them would have made the team competitive. You're telling me if Love signed, this team wouldn't be playoff bound?

Love, Melo, even guys like Parsons... any one of them would have made the team competitive. You're telling me if Love signed this team wouldn't be playoff bound?

Love was not a free agent and we had nothing to trade for him. The only option was to wait for him in free agency and that is gone now. They tried to get Melo but he wasn't giving up the extra year and $25 million NY could offer. Parsons is a nice player but he would only make this team marginally better. We'd still be a non-playoff team only without a lottery pick. The one guy I think they will go after next season is Marc Gasol. Barring that, 2016 is the year they will have a ton of cap space and hopefully, will be able to sign some marquee free agents.

Love was not a free agent and we had nothing to trade for him. The only option was to wait for him in free agency and that is gone now. They tried to get Melo but he wasn't giving up the extra year and $25 million NY could offer. Parsons is a nice player but he would only make this team marginally better. We'd still be a non-playoff team only without a lottery pick. The one guy I think they will go after next season is Marc Gasol. Barring that, 2016 is the year they will have a ton of cap space and hopefully, will be able to sign some marquee free agents.
How about resigning Pau? Playoff team if you resign him. He's dominating in Chicago: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol

19/9 and 3 bpg

Plenty left in the tank.

How about resigning Pau? Playoff team if you resign him. He's dominating in Chicago: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol

19/9 and 3 bpg

Plenty left in the tank.

Not a playoff team if you resign him. The 8th seed in the west won 49 games last year. I think you are underestimating just how shit this roster is if you think a single player (especially one the calibur of Pau or Chandler Parsons) would make them playoff contenders. This team is one of the worst 3 in the league.

Pau and an aged Kobe are going to push the Lakers over Grizz, Mavs, Suns and Pelicans? I don't see it...

Not a playoff team if you resign him. The 8th seed in the west won 49 games last year. I think you are underestimating just how shit this roster is if you think a single player (especially one the calibur of Pau or Chandler Parsons) would make them playoff contenders. This team is one of the worst 3 in the league.
Kobe, Pau, Lin, Davis, Ellington, Nick Young, that's a 7th or 8th seed. You never know what could in a series so just getting into the playoffs is huge.

0-5 could easily be 3-2 right now if someone like Pau was on the team:

vs Clippers - had a 4 point lead entering the 4th
vs Golden State - had a lead deep into the 2nd
vs Suns tonight - obviously could have won this

At the very least, 2-3, which would be totally fine for a monster 5 game stretch vs 5 playoff teams, including 4 games in 5 days.

overcast

The Lakers wouldn't get the 8th in the west with Pau. I just don't see it. They would fight for the 10th spot. The west is insanely stacked.

OKC is hurt, but they'll bounce back. I think there are 10 teams fighting for playoff spots this year.

AcridMeat

Banned
Heavy stop you're delusional again.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Mavs, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Suns, Pelicans, Thunder, are all objectively better than the Lakers. You can make a case that the Nuggets, Kings, Timberwolves and even the Jazz are better, meaning every single western conference team.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kevin Love > Lebron

He just looks super slow compared to years past. It's probably that shit diet he did in the summer.

Two Words

Kobe, Pau, Lin, Davis, Ellington, Nick Young, that's a 7th or 8th seed. You never know what could in a series so just getting into the playoffs is huge.

0-5 could easily be 3-2 right now if someone like Pau was on the team:

vs Clippers - had a 4 point lead entering the 4th
vs Golden State - had a lead deep into the 2nd
vs Suns tonight - obviously could have won this

At the very least, 2-3, which would be totally fine for a monster 5 game stretch vs 5 playoff teams, including 4 games in 5 days.
But Pau isn't on the team. So why does that conditional statement matter?

Pimpwerx

I said it after game 1, Waiters is on borrowed time in Cleveland. There was a play that night that was a clear hockey assist play from Lebron, using Waiters as the pivot pass. Waiters totally missed it. When my non-basketball ass can see something developing on screen before a player does, then that player's IQ is suspect. Waiters just isn't smart enough to play with Lebron. I think Lebron's passiveness last night might have been the first signs of that frustration setting in. Waiters and Kyrie were terrible.

Also, did Blatt simplify the offense to accommodate Love? I just saw someone mention that on a forum, and wasn't sure if that was a thing or not. PEACE.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Waiters should not be starting anyways. He can play his fuckball when they need points off the bench. He didn't get enough shots last year with just him and Kyrie. Now he's the 5th option on offense.

i can't wait till they trade waiters for the trash can in indiana and he gets the mike-bibby/mike miller style 2010 standing ovation from those shitty fans in cleveland.

Top Bottom