• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Into

There is something off about the Clippers. Its not just this game, they lost to a good team. The other games they looked uninterested and bored.

They will still go far, yadda yadda no reason to panic. But they are acting like they have won back to back championships and kinda dont care. Which is weird since they havent won jack except Doc

wszzqk.gif
aciwle.gif

MuthaFuckin G-Tyme

Pls come back to Starcraft

There is something off about the Clippers. Its not just this game, they lost to a good team. The other games they looked uninterested and bored.

They will still go far, yadda yadda no reason to panic. But they are acting like they have won back to back championships and kinda dont care. Which is weird since they havent won jack except Doc

What exactly is far? Cause they haven't went far yet since Paul got there.

AcridMeat

Banned
Lee getting an MRI tomorrow on the hamstring.

Sucks. I love Draymond starting, but Lee is still solid when healthy.
Hamstrings are no joke. Hopefully it isn't a big setback.

That Hayward game winner is niiice. Kid played really well (judging by the highlights).

Soonri

Match-up wise, Ws exposed their lack of perimeter defense - Matt Barnes just doesn't have it anymore, or at least right now. And Redick and CP3 aren't going to help in that department. The Clips also struggled really badly against Ws' length. Everyone on their team, with the exception of Steph and Barbosa is 6'6" or better - makes me a bit worried about my Mavs vs them.

Pimpwerx

They'll be second in the east and probably best Chicago in a seven game series. We all know how this goes.

Not if they don't bring in another defensive rotation player. The current roster doesn't seem to have the defensive personnel that can give effort on that end of the floor night in and night out. In the playoffs, the game slows down, and when their offensive output tails off, is the defense going to be there in support? Too early to tell. PEACE.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

They look like the same old frauds as usual. Nothing has changed.

Jeff-DSA

For people wondering how the Cavs only ended up with 6 assists, look no further than Kyrie Irving. He's a PG that put up a goose egg in the assist column in 44 minutes of play. That's enough to make YNOT blush. I don't know how you can expect to win when you have a point guard doing that.

BadAss2961

Lebron looking like a guy who made a huge mistake. The buyers remorse on his face shows. Almost like he doesn't give a damn about anything anymore.
Yup. So much for the "coming home" bullshit... He wishes he was kicking it in Miami right now.
They'll be second in the east and probably best Chicago in a seven game series. We all know how this goes.

But yeah, this is also a likely outcome. The East always seems to work out for LeBron, and the Bulls can never get over him. If healthy though (big if), this should be the year.

Them haters. Same shit was happenning at miami with the big 3s first season.

It's entirely possible that the same thing that happened to Miami will happen with the Cavs but it's also possible that as this team is currently constructed it's just not going to be a good defensive team.

Fjordson

Golden State tops in defensive efficiency right now. Hot damn.

Interesting that Dallas is #1 in offensive efficiency by a decent margin.

Jeff-DSA

Remember when Love went to Cleveland and I said that his defense would be problematic? Yeah, people always like to forget how awful he is at any sort of defense. He always allows as much, if not more, than he produces in points.

overcast

Apparently Lebron and Kyrie "exchanged words", whatever the fuck that means.

Kind of lame that the Spurs are resting Duncan tonight, whatever. It'll still be a very close game for sure.

Probably because two of their core four are clowns. Those two being Crawford and DeAndre. And honestly Blake has turned into a complete diva since his college days. He cared about winning back then. He still does, but you can tell he's completely caught up in the lifestyle now.

They look like the same old frauds as usual. Nothing has changed.

Eh this isn't true. Last year they played with a lot more emotion and intensity. This year they've just been flat and everyone but Blake looks bad.

They were always gonna have problems with perimeter defense this season but they're struggling in areas they should be good.

Fjordson

Probably because two of their core four are clowns. Those two being Crawford and DeAndre. And honestly Blake has turned into a complete diva since his college days. He cared about winning back then. He still does, but you can tell he's completely caught up in the lifestyle now.
Yeah, I think the Clipperrs roster is extremely flawed. I guess it's a credit to CP3 that he's made them this good the past few years. There just ain't a whole lot there to me outside of him.

Blake has improved, though, I'll give him that. Plenty of production (even if his offensive game is ugly as sin).

edit: to be clear, I think they'll be fine this year in the long run, but I don't see them getting to the finals any time soon with their current personnel.

I don't know man, I'm always scared when Crawford is on the floor. That dude is a fearless scoring machine. They really should be starting him.

demolitio

Not the same at all. Could end up the same tho.

It's an even bigger adjustment for the Cavs due to the new coach and entirely new offense that the old players aren't used to since all they ran were isolation plays and took shots off the dribble and only 4 players are returning from last year if I recall correctly off the top of my head.

Anyway, time to go to the Browns vs. Bengals game. :D

Fjordson

I don't know man, I'm always scared when Crawford is on the floor. That dude is a fearless scoring machine. They really should be starting him.
Crawford can be effective, but I feel like the smaller the dose the better with him. He can put up points, but that's just about the only thing he does. And even then he's only a 41% shooter.

I think the way the Clips have organized and use their second unit is fine. They mostly put energy and defense guys out there and let Crawford do whatever. It's when they mix him in with the starters that it creates issues.

The biggest problem for the starting 5 continues to be their inability to find a good 3and D wing. Blake, CP3 and Dumbandre create lots of open outside looks but guys like Barnes and what's his face last year haven't got it done consistently enough.

Top Bottom