• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Jag

Rumor that Love will opt out of Cleveland after this season and possibly go to the Lakers just popped up on my phone from Bleacher Report. lol wtf?

There is a lot of ball to be played between now and then. I don't think Love is going to make up his mind until he sees how this season goes.

Fjordson

Yeah, I was just surprised it even got to the rumour stage. Like LA won't be contending next year so that seems like an odd move for Love. Doubt it happens.

Barnes is the biggest clown in the league and Crawford is 34 (35 before season's over). So maybe if someone is looking for depth for the playoffs Crawford will be worth something.

I don't think I understand the NBA Fantasy point system. The weight of certain stats (3 pointers specifically) seems way too ridiculous.

For instance,
J. Lin 21 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 TO, 3 threes, 42.10 fantasy
C. Bosh 20 points, 5 assists, 10 boards, 1 steal, 3 TO, 0 threes, 32.25 fantasy

I guess hitting a double double doesn't give a bonus.

Assists, blocks, steals, three pointers made get most points.

Jonm1010

Banned
I've been enjoying rooting for lebron again because of cleveland and all that but then once my team plays him I remember just the absolute bullshit this guy gets away with. It's pretty unbelievable.

I can only hope that in a couple seasons AD can get the sort of calls and leniency King James gets.

Cavs have quite a few problems. They look a bit worse than what I expected on Defense - Offensively no synergy whatsoever - Fucking awkward ball. LeBron's numbers are down across the board, Kyrie is really reaaaaally bad on defense, Love not far behind.

Jonm1010

Banned
If we lose this game it is because of monty awful fucking lineup. On a team with Davis, Ryno and Asik you go fucking small on their small lineup? Are you fucking kidding me!

And then he starts the fourth with the same lineup that just gave up a 16 point run.

Jonm1010

Banned
I hate Joey Crawford.

Rivers literally gets punched and has his arm grabbed next to the red and no call. We breathe on Kyrie or Lebron and they go to the line.

Bron hasn't even had to flop to earn them.

Jonm1010

Banned
And as I type that Lebron discontinues his dribble in front of Crawford. I haven't had a problem with refs all season but this is ridiculous.

Jonm1010

Banned
Wow!

I wish I knew how to gif! Holy fucking shit.

Lebron literally just lowered his shoulder and rammed into jrue off ball and knocked him on his ass.

iamblades

Davis with another 27 and 14 + 3 blocks and 4 steals. Dayum.

No reason he can't put up those kind of stat lines almost every night the way he's playing.

They really really need to find a way to ditch Gordon's contract and get a decent SF though. I still can't understand why NO gave him that extension after he got injured and made it perfectly clear that he would rather go back to LA.

AcridMeat

Banned
Knicks with 72 points with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 4th. Yep.

74 with 2 1/2 left and they're only down 1. This game is nuts. Deflections, blocks, steals, misses everywhere.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah that's the one. Fuck that Phalacrophobic piece of shit!

No reason he can't put up those kind of stat lines almost every night the way he's playing.

They really really need to find a way to ditch Gordon's contract and get a decent SF though. I still can't understand why NO gave him that extension after he got injured and made it perfectly clear that he would rather go back to LA.

Gordon is Dell Demps original sin. Dell fell into the trap of sunk costs. We should of let him walk to Phoenix. But hindsight is 20/20. In his defense, At the time, gordon was considered the next great SG who just had bad luck with injuries but who's upside was Allstar potential.

Plus good ole commish vetoed the original trade from the lakers that would of brought Dragic, draft picks, Scola and unfortunately Lamar odom. But after the veto and CP3's demands it was clippers or bust.

Still, without gordon this team likely would of been fielding Jrue, Evans, a slightly overpaid Ariza(who is still close with Monty and Dell has been quoted as still liking), davis and Asik. With Ryno off the bench.

That's a team I could live with for a while.

tm24

gsyg7vajrl2nafvnidia.gif

The knicks folk

J2 Cool

Rose looked really sharp last night. Great to see. If this Bulls team could settle their defense they could be really good.

Soonri

Pretty good season by Dennis Schröder so far. I'm glad for him that he's getting more minutes lately than at the beginning of the season.

I was salty the Mavs skipped him to pick Shane Larkin, I thought he could be a good pro especially since he played in Germany (the Dirk connection!).

iamblades

Yeah that's the one. Fuck that Phalacrophobic piece of shit!

Gordon is Dell Demps original sin. Dell fell into the trap of sunk costs. We should of let him walk to Phoenix. But hindsight is 20/20. In his defense, At the time, gordon was considered the next great SG who just had bad luck with injuries but who's upside was Allstar potential.

Plus good ole commish vetoed the original trade from the lakers that would of brought Dragic, draft picks, Scola and unfortunately Lamar odom. But after the veto and CP3's demands it was clippers or bust.

Still, without gordon this team likely would of been fielding Jrue, Evans, a slightly overpaid Ariza(who is still close with Monty and Dell has been quoted as still liking), davis and Asik. With Ryno off the bench.

That's a team I could live with for a while.

Yeah I still like the vetoed trade way more than the eventual trade, I liked it more at the time, and I think time has proven that it was the better deal. I mean the only player from that deal that NO kept is Gordon, and they had to overpay to do so. If they ditched everyone in the vetoed trade other than Dragic they would be so much better off. Hindsight being 20/20 NO probably should have taken Bledsoe instead of Gordon if they had to do the clippers deal, but they couldn't have known that at the time.

The issue is you might not have got the Davis pick if that deal went through.

I think you are right with the idea that Demps bought into the sunk costs fallacy, he didn't want it to look like he gave CP3 away for nothing, but giving him away for nothing would have been better than what happened. Trying to overpay a guy who doesn't want to be there into being happy never works.

Derrick Rose said:
"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."

is this dude serious?

acting like basketball is football and shit

take 2 freaking tylenol

Top Bottom