• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

You just don't let TWO allstar big men go for NOTHING though

I thought they should have traded Pau at the beginning of last season so you won't get much argument from me on that. It's understandable why they didn't trade Dwight. He is still a top player in the league and they had to take the chance at resigning him.

Cavs pls. Wake the fuck up.

Cavs are gonna take a while to gel, same as the heat. Love and Kyrie have to adjust to not being the #1 on the team and working around a lebron-led offense. That really didn't come together for the heat until their second season, when wade stopped trying to be a #1 as well and he settled into the #2 role. Even then, they still made it to the finals that first year, when the other teams in the east were still relatively good. The cavs have a weaker east to deal with this year, so it'll be fine in the long run.

Now, the heat actually had an elite defense and that defense got fucking destroyed by the Spurs in the finals. the cavs defense might never get that good, so you better hope that when the game slows down in the playoffs that they can handle it.

Fjordson

Good god Anthony Davis beasting. I wonder if he could win the MVP if the Pelicans somehow snuck into the playoffs.

davis.fw.0.png

iamblades

Good god Anthony Davis beasting. I wonder if he could win the MVP if the Pelicans somehow snuck into the playoffs.

davis.fw.0.png

Also worth noting that the second highest net rating on the pelicans is Evans at +5.7. That is a giant gap.

The next highest ones(that see more than 20% of the minutes) are Rose at +19.2 compared to Gasol's +9.4, LeBron at +11.3 over Love's +4.2.

B.O.O.M

Cavs are gonna take a while to gel, same as the heat. Love and Kyrie have to adjust to not being the #1 on the team and working around a lebron-led offense. That really didn't come together for the heat until their second season, when wade stopped trying to be a #1 as well and he settled into the #2 role. Even then, they still made it to the finals that first year, when the other teams in the east were still relatively good. The cavs have a weaker east to deal with this year, so it'll be fine in the long run.

Now, the heat actually had an elite defense and that defense got fucking destroyed by the Spurs in the finals. the cavs defense might never get that good, so you better hope that when the game slows down in the playoffs that they can handle it.

think elite might be a bit too strong of a word there

@AD beasting: Very very impressive

FK CJ is injured..broken finger. Hopefully he makes a quick turnaround (I have no clue what kind of time period is needed for such a thing to heal)

Kanguro

Neo Member
Didn't see this posted and it's too hilarious to go without mention.

http://deadspin.com/the-funniest-thing-in-sports-kobe-bryant-chucking-at-h-1659582891

Some choice quotes for Konex:
Kobe Bryant shot a combined 16-for-48 in the two ass-kickings the Lakers absorbed over the weekend

38.9 is the funniest number in the NBA right now.

That's Kobe's usage rate through 10 games
. Usage rate, for the unacquainted, estimates the percentage of team possessions that a player "uses" when he's on the court; basically, it tells you how frequently that player ends offensive possessions, with either a shot attempt, a free-throw attempt, or a turnover. Kobe's usage rate is 38.9, meaning that through 10 games, nearly 40 percent of the Lakers' possessions are ending via a Kobe shot, a Kobe free throw, or a Kobe turnover.

If the NBA season ended right now, his current 25.2-shots-per-36-minutes pace would be the highest in over 30 years; his true shooting percentage, meanwhile, is 40 points lower than that of any other player who has attempted more than 23 shots per 36 minutes in the three-point era.

Kobe stans will rush in here to claim that Kobe is chucking with world-historic frequency because he has to. "What other option do the Lakers have?" they will ask. "Do you want Wes Johnson taking those shots instead?" Which almost makes sense, except that the Lakers are 1-9 and have been blown out more often than not, which seems to suggest that, as options go, "have old-ass Kobe take all the shots" isn't much of one

Picture him sitting down to a power lunch with Arianna Huffington, discussing knowingly the habits and obligations and perquisites of greatness. Picture him filming some somber, gravid TV commercial about, like, the drive and determination to be unstoppable, or some shit. Picture him studying game tape, in the dark, alone, the solitude of the true craftsman, devoted to the craft of victory, eyes narrowed, seeing through the recorded actions to the deeper basketball truth, the battlefield leverages and vulnerabilities. Picture him stalking through the bowels of the arena toward the locker room, focused, imperturbable, suit and shades, the warrior monk, the basketball James Bond, the Man with a Job to do. And then, oh God, oh God, picture him going out and chucking up two-dozen contested 19-footers and losing by 20 to the fucking Hawks.

The last bit just kills me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Kobe stans will rush in here to claim that Kobe is chucking with world-historic frequency because he has to. "What other option do the Lakers have?" they will ask. "Do you want Wes Johnson taking those shots instead?" Which almost makes sense, except that the Lakers are 1-9 and have been blown out more often than not, which seems to suggest that, as options go, "have old-ass Kobe take all the shots" isn't much of one

Its the best option. I feel like the media has a huge disconnect with the Lakers and Laker fans. This is the best case scenario. We're gonna get that top 5 pick so save the pick, kobe gets to pad his numbers, and we dont have to watch Lin brick more shots.

Might we win a few more games if kobe forced some passing? Maybe. But whats the point of that.

Cloudy

Banned
Every bounce went our way that half. Lin was great besides trying to do a bit too much at the end leading to the steal and dunk by Milsapp. Booze playing well on offense. Ed Davis and Swaggy producing. We need this win!

Soonri

What the hell is happening in that Knicks game? I didn't think they were THAT bad.
Well they traded away their best big man - because he was apparently a chemistry problem - for players that couldn't even defend or run the triangle offense yet (and the one that has the most value in the triangle offense is injured). So now they have no rim protection and no perimeter defense and are learning a complicated offense without a lot of the personnel. No one should tell me that Sammy D is in any way an upgrade over Tyson Chandler - you can see it now in Dallas since he's averaging nearly a double-double and mean-mugging every opposing player after a dunk, while Dalembert showed up only half the time - Mavs fans got used to seeing lots of Brandan Wright and DeJuan Blair last season even though they couldn't defend as well as Dalembert.

I mean when you do this (Dalembert is No. 11):
You know it's bad lol

E: Also love how the Lakers been making those long 2s to win. Hawks fans should feel clowned

That Knicks loss sucked. Laziness in the 2nd quarter was just infuriating to watch.

On the bright side, the teams passing more and Shump is looking very solid this year. Happy for the guy. Hope they start winning consistently by February.

Top Bottom