• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Cloudy

Banned
Marresse Speights said after the game it was irrelevant that he got the 44, so they obviously didn't mind too much.

Isn't Nick Young Kobe-lite, will they be on the floor together?

Easy to say that after you win. Lakers problem last night was defense not Kobe shooting too much.

The lack of another guy who can consistently create his own shot is the second biggest problem for the team right now. Young would improve the starters efficiency and Scott is an idiot if he doesn't start

Nuggets kicked our butts tonight.

But hey...some games will be like that. Plenty of good looks; just couldn't seem to find the bottom enough. And we don't play good enough defense to stop anyone at all (yet).

I do hope they get that Timberwolves SG. he'd really shore up that awful defensive backcourt.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nuggets kicked our butts tonight.

But hey...some games will be like that. Plenty of good looks; just couldn't seem to find the bottom enough. And we don't play good enough defense to stop anyone at all (yet).

I do hope they get that Timberwolves SG. he'd really shore up that awful defensive backcourt.

who? Kmart? What the hell guy is a disaster defensively.

Soonri

So do the mavs have a legitimate shot this year?

If we somehow trade for one or two 3-and-D guys, then maybe. Every good West team has at least one or two strong wing players, and I don't think we have enough good perimeter defenders to try to keep them in check. Offensively though, I think we can tear apart a lot of teams.

Jimrpg

Easy to say that after you win. Lakers problem last night was defense not Kobe shooting too much.

The lack of another guy who can consistently create his own shot is the second biggest problem for the team right now. Young would improve the starters efficiency and Scott is an idiot if he doesn't start

Agree with your points, their defense was very poor last night, they couldn't handle the Warriors pace. Jordan Hill/Boozer combination couldn't handle inside (Bogut) or out (Speights). The spacing Green/Barnes/Klay/Curry/Iggy made it extremely difficult to guard.

Lakers also need a three point threat cause they got mauled there last night

Piecake

cooler if the cavs got him! we reallllllly need help defensively at the SG position. Like...it's bad.

You'll be disappointed once you get him. He hustles and works hard on D, but constantly gambles and cheats off his man, causing him to get beat and torched fairly regularly. He'd be a good defender if he was disciplined, but I imagine people have been telling him that for years. It hasnt changed him on the offense or defensive end at all. The only conclusion that I can come to is he is simply not that bright.

Some dumbass on ESPN just said that if things don't get better (they won't) the Lakers might look to make a trade....for who? What kind of analysis is this? Who could they conceivably trade for? They have almost literally ZERO assets. No picks. No young chips. Nothing. I challenge anyone to come up with a reasonably realistic trade scenario for the Lakers this season that would make sense. It's impossible.

Cloudy

Banned
Some dumbass on ESPN just said that if things don't get better (they won't) the Lakers might look to make a trade....for who? What kind of analysis is this? Who could they conceivably trade for? They have almost literally ZERO assets. No picks. No young chips. Nothing. I challenge anyone to come up with a reasonably realistic trade scenario for the Lakers this season that would make sense. It's impossible.

Jordan Hill to a contender for a shooter and wing defender?

Looks like pointless fancy dribbling to me

Except the part where Deron did a 360 and Bazz became wide open.

Really though in context it is kind of an awkward play defensively that causes the confusion. But if you just go in with a clear head and think 'defenders going in circles'. It is pretty funny.

I hate Shabazz, I'm a UK fan and I can enjoy it. I still hate you Napier.

B.O.O.M

Has to be one of the most fun games in this season so far! What a WIN! holy shit

The Blazer Defense this season is legit. 4th Q especially, outscored Pelicans 34-13

Piecake

Except the part where Deron did a 360 and Bazz became wide open.

Really though in context it is kind of an awkward play defensively that causes the confusion. But if you just go in with a clear head and think 'defenders going in circles'. It is pretty funny.

I hate Shabazz, I'm a UK fan and I can enjoy it. I still hate you Napier.

That looked like Deron and KG getting confused, not Shabazz making them confused

It's really disgusting how much flopping the clippers still get away with. Ridiculous. Bulls would be up 30 if 12/13 calls in the fourth didn't go the clippers way.

BadAss2961

Definitely something for Rondo. Give them Randle, Lin, picks, and work from there.

I know, Boston probably wouldn't go for it, but it's the best i've got. lol

Cloudy

Banned
Definitely something for Rondo. Give them Randle, Lin, picks, and work from there.

Maybe if Randle's leg didn't just break with no contact and he was producing. Also, if we had any picks lol

Lakers can't trade any picks, at least any time soon I believe, because they gave 2 of the next 4 to Phoenix and you can't trade consecutive picks. Randle is the only thing you can consider an "asset" and he's out for the year.

Getting absolutely nothing for Dwight and Gasol and striking out in FA was such a disaster for this franchise

Short of LeBron (which was a pipe dream) striking out in FA was the best thing that could have happened. I'd hate to have Melo or Lance on this team on long term deals.

Top Bottom