• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

But OKC hasn't looked great at times recently. It pains me to no end to say it, but I wouldn't be shocked if LA moved on.

IF (Good YNB shows up) THEN
OKC wins
ELSE IF (Bad YNB shows up) THEN
LAC wins
END IF

Thunder fans love to ignore the games Westbrook absolutely destroys the cohesion and efficieny of the Thunder in the playoffs and highlight the game or two he goes off.

You must be new around here? We didn't start calling him YNB out of the blue...

He's always the most explosive player on the court regardless of who they are playing. He has endless athleticism, insane talent, and does things that nobody else at his position can do...both good and bad.

He'll make an amazing coast-to-coast drive to the basket, outleap the opposing team's center for a rebound, drain a guarded pull up three. He'll also shoot 35% from the field, commit 7 turnovers, and chuck up 30 shots in a single game.

We love him. We hate him. He's our PG.

Jonm1010

Banned
IF (Good YNB shows up) THEN
OKC wins
ELSE IF (Bad YNB shows up) THEN
LAC wins
END IF

You must be new around here? We didn't start calling him YNB out of the blue...

He's always the most explosive player on the court regardless of who they are playing. He has endless athleticism, insane talent, and does things that nobody else at his position can do...both good and bad.

He'll make an amazing coast-to-coast drive to the basket, outleap the opposing team's center for a rebound, drain a guarded pull up three. He'll also shoot 35% from the field, commit 7 turnovers, and chuck up 30 shots in a single game.

We love him. We hate him. He's our PG.
I've been around a long time. I'm just not a regular on NBAgaf.

Love him all you want but I'll still argue that he's more of a detriment to the Thunder's success in the playoffs then he is a positive asset.

Durant and Westbrook are just not a good on the court duo IMO. People seem so quickly to forget(not necessarily you) that durant had the best run of his career this season during Westbrooks absence.

Love him all you want but I'll still argue that he's more of a detriment to the Thunder's success in the playoffs then he is a positive asset.

Durant and Westbrook are just not a good on the court duo IMO.

We lost this exact series last year without YNB.

He's a consensus top ten player in the league. He averages right at 22 points, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds a game.

Your team (whoever they are) would trade their PG straight up for him right now. The Thunder would reject that offer.

I don't know what else to tell you.

The truth hurts. 6'8". 250 pounds. Alternates between bulldozing over people like a wrecking ball and flopping so hard that CP3 feels embarrassed. Jordan he is not.

Shun

Since there hasn't been an upset yet, I guess San Antonio is up on the chopping board cuz Joey Crawford and NBA.

Spurs, I've followed you since you sucked. I need you to pull through since Golden State couldn't :[

Yeah, I have no idea who will guard Durant. He averaged 32 points a game this year against LA.

But OKC hasn't looked great at times recently. It pains me to no end to say it, but I wouldn't be shocked if LA moved on.

We actually match up pretty well with the Clippers, although I'm worried about Reddick if Butler keeps starting.

AcridMeat

Banned
We were thinking the same thing watching the game. Nice being able to understand what the guy is saying, unlike Shaquille.
Not just that but someone who actually laughs along with the guys and isn't constantly trying to press against everything Chuck does or says.

Durant and Westbrook are just not a good on the court duo IMO. People seem so quickly to forget(not necessarily you) that durant had the best run of his career this season during Westbrooks absence.
I agree with you, particular with this point. If the Thunder had a good pass first playmaker, ala CP3, they'd be insane together. Even if you swapped Conley Jr. and Westbrook it might have been a 5 game series for the Thunder.

As for Warriors - Clippers. Expected them to lose going into the game but after the 1st quarter I really thought they might have it. Green is my personal MVP with Griffin as the Clippers MVP. Honorary to Jordan and Crawford because they killed us (almost) all series and we had no answer for either, apart from a little bit of our own Crawford this game.

Since there hasn't been an upset yet, I guess San Antonio is up on the chopping board cuz Joey Crawford and NBA.

Spurs, I've followed you since you sucked. I need you to pull through since Golden State couldn't :[

How are the Mavericks even in this series? Their roster is terrible. Dirk, Monta, and.... This is a 2014 team that is starting Shawn Marion!

I don't want to take away what Nowitzki and Ellis are doing, but why is this a hard series for the Spurs? By all accounts, this should have been a five game series.

Adam Silver is a cunning guy. A bunch of game 7s after all this "anything can happen" 2014 playoffs shit and the biggest upset we have is a 5 beating a 4. At least they're doing a better job of fooling us now.

Jonm1010

Banned
We lost this exact series last year without YNB.

He's a consensus top ten player in the league. He averages right at 22 points, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds a game.

Your team (whoever they are) would trade their PG straight up for him right now. The Thunder would reject that offer.

I don't know what else to tell you.

You won it in spite of him this year. Congrats!

He's an elite talent no doubt but he's playing with a top 2 talent in the league but plays as if the top 2 talent is himself.

I'm a pelicans fan and frankly our front office probably would trade for him even though I would have no interest. He'd ruin Davis's development as our go-to player.

The guy is a me first player that typically ends up looking for his offense instead of anyone else's. Until he fixes that you all will continue to see dissapointment in the post season IMO.

Top ten?

I'd take:

Lebron
Durant
Cp3
Parker
Duncan
Aldridge
Curry
Davis
George
Howard
Nowitzki
Love
Irvine
Lillard
Rondo
Gasol

All before I would take Westbrook. If he wasn't so selfish I would probably eliminate 75% of that list in favor of him but that seems unrealistic at this point in his career.

I'm glad you're happy with him though.

Blablurn

How are the Mavericks even in this series? Their roster is terrible. Dirk, Monta, and.... This is a 2014 team that is starting Shawn Marion!

I don't want to take away what Nowitzki and Ellis are doing, but why is this a hard series for the Spurs? By all accounts, this should have been a five game series.
Good team chemistry, dat dirk.

You are underestimating veteran talent.

Dudes that been in these situations time and time again, they got it in their blood to show up in the playoffs.

You won it in spite of him this year. Congrats!

He's an elite talent no doubt but he's playing with a top 2 talent in the league but plays as if the top 2 talent is himself.

Top ten?

I'd take:

Lebron
Durant
Cp3
Parker
Duncan
Aldridge
Curry
Davis
George
Howard
Nowitzki
Love
Irvine
Rondo
Gasol

So many crazy names on that list. Only two PGs on that list can hang with Westbrook. Three guys you've listed are ancient and on the downward slope of their careers, while Westbrook improves every year. Howard is a drama queen, and is a terrible fit for any team. Love???

Rondo is the worst selection there. He's a less talented, less athletic, more selfish, crappier version of YNB. Including him basically kills your argument against YNB since he has all the same faults to a more extreme degree.

I can name several guys who should be on that list before Rando. Lillard is way better. I'd say the only guys that might give OKC a pause for a straight up trade on the PG front would be Irving or Lillard. That's it.

Blablurn

The Queen family from Arrow supports the Clippers

eET0mj3.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned
So many crazy names on that list. Only two PGs on that list can hang with Westbrook. Three guys you've listed are ancient and on the downward slope of their careers, while Westbrook improves every year. Howard is a drama queen, and is a terrible fit for any team. Love???

Rondo is the worst selection there. He's a less talented, less athletic, more selfish, crappier version of YNB. Including him basically kills your argument against YNB since he has all the same faults to a more extreme degree.

I can name several guys who should be on that list before Rando. Lillard is way better. I'd say the only guys that might give OKC a pause for a straight up trade on the PG front would be Irving or Lillard. That's it.

Homers are gonna homer.

You didn't ask who I would build a franchise around. You said "top ten in the league." Implying right now. So I spitballed some names off the top of my head that immediately came to my mind as superior to me. In either scenario, today or as a foundation for the future, Westbrook wouldn't be in my personal top ten. Even guys like Duncan or Nowitzki in the twilight of their careers id rather have on my team over Westbrook right now. Though they wouldn't be as a franchise foundation moving forward.

But it's nice to see your coming around to seeing there are plenty of guys above Westbrook in a top players list since even you have some names to add even if you want to remove Rondo ;)

It felt like David Lee disappeared too. I'm shocked he had 13 and 13.

He hasn't been right ever since the groin injury. He's usually a lot better at finishing...never seen him blow so many easy shots in the paint.

Warriors really need a reliable scorer next to Curry. I don't blame Klay for his inconsistency as he's gotten better but more importantly, he plays huge minutes often checking the other team's best backcourt player..which in this case was CP3. I'm just surprised that iggy couldn't bottle reddick up.

I wish Barnes could've been that guy but I think he's going to be traded in the offseason...it's weird that despite how athletic he is, how sound his jumper can be...he just feels like such a mechanical and clunky basketball player.

AcridMeat

Banned
You know what was rough? Watching Iguodala go from wanting the ball on offense to score to absolutely disappearing beyond that lucky 3 in the 4th. Why the hell did he stop being aggressive?

I thought this would be the year Klay finally locked down his consistency but he's fallen back to the same story as past years now. You're right he's been great defensively and I commend him for that. I think if he opened up his game on offense a bit more and didn't look to shoot every time he had the ball it'd be easier for him to reach consistency with his shot rather than forcing it sometimes because the play calls for it.

Emwitus

Coach

Homers are gonna homer.

You didn't ask who I would build a franchise around. You said "top ten in the league." Implying right now. So I spitballed some names off the top of my head that immediately came to my mind as superior to me. In either scenario, today or as a foundation for the future, Westbrook wouldn't be in my personal top ten. Even guys like Duncan or Nowitzki in the twilight of their careers id rather have on my team over Westbrook right now. Though they wouldn't be as a franchise foundation moving forward.

But it's nice to see your coming around to seeing there are plenty of guys above Westbrook in a top players list since even you have some names to add even if you want to remove Rondo ;)

I never said any of those guys are better than Westbrook. I said your list was awful, and you won't be able to find a single NBA analyst, expert, or commentator that agrees with it.

You're blinded by your dislike of the guy and that's fine, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Consensus top ten player in the league.

zroid

Banned
I don't care if the Raptors win or not today, because it was a great ride up to this point. But I just hope they don't embarrass themselves like they did in G6 and the 4th quarter of G5. At least put up a fight, please.

Into

Either the level of these teams caught in 7 game matches has gone up collectively, and we are looking at a very exciting playoff season or there are no real contenders to the Heat. And teams like Spuds and OkayC are not all that good, hence the 7 games.

Blackhead

Redarse
Either the level of these teams caught in 7 game matches has gone up collectively, and we are looking at a very exciting playoff season or there are no real contenders to the Heat. And teams like Spuds and OkayC are not all that good, hence the 7 games.

Heats to be first team to go 16-0 in the playoffs.
Ray Allen for MVP

if raptors win today i hope they don't get shook and get swept next round, that will most likely happen, or lose 4-1

Nets can troll and maybe win but they at least won't be that shook

Jonm1010

Banned
I never said any of those guys are better than Westbrook. I said your list was awful, and you won't be able to find a single NBA analyst, expert, or commentator that agrees with it.

You're blinded by your dislike of the guy and that's fine, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Consensus top ten player in the league.

Opinions, how do they work??

Then again with such a thorough argument such as asserting top ten status because of "experts" how could anyone do anything but surrender their opinion in favor of yours?

I actually don't dislike the guy. He seems like a really cool person. Heard nothing but great things about him off the court. Just don't value him as highly as you do. And certainly don't think he is a great fit next to Durant.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if the Raptors win or not today, because it was a great ride up to this point. But I just hope they don't embarrass themselves like they did in G6 and the 4th quarter of G5. At least put up a fight, please.

If we win that's awesome.

If we lose then I look forward to Brooklyn being destroyed by Miami in the next round. I hope KG cries.

Brashnir

if raptors win today i hope they don't get shook and get swept next round, that will most likely happen, or lose 4-1

Nets can troll and maybe win but they at least won't be that shook

I don't think getting swept or beaten in 5 by the Heat in the second round is the type of thing that would shake a young team. Getting pummelled by a lesser team, maybe, or losing in gut-wrenching fashion in the first round because of a massive choke, sure.

Getting beat by the defending champs though? A team would have to have serious mental issues to get shaken up by that. Taking the Heat deep in a series might provide them a lift for next year, though.

Into

Fuck

Toronto is more fun to watch, but the Nets are more capable of giving a semi competitive series to the Heat

I have to see The Truth against Bron Bron one more time in the playoffs, go Brooklyn i guess

Adam Silver is a cunning guy. A bunch of game 7s after all this "anything can happen" 2014 playoffs shit and the biggest upset we have is a 5 beating a 4. At least they're doing a better job of fooling us now.

Yep

"Donaghy informed the FBI that the NBA routinely instructed its referees to manipulate the outcomes of key games."

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Raps need to defend. They're letting them drive in way too easily.

Top Bottom