• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

So many crazy names on that list. Only two PGs on that list can hang with Westbrook. Three guys you've listed are ancient and on the downward slope of their careers, while Westbrook improves every year. Howard is a drama queen, and is a terrible fit for any team. Love???

Rondo is the worst selection there. He's a less talented, less athletic, more selfish, crappier version of YNB. Including him basically kills your argument against YNB since he has all the same faults to a more extreme degree.

I can name several guys who should be on that list before Rando. Lillard is way better. I'd say the only guys that might give OKC a pause for a straight up trade on the PG front would be Irving or Lillard. That's it.

Holy moly. Is this real? Rondo is not more selfish and is on a different level with his BBIQ and game management. OKC needs a guy like Rondo. Rondo and Westbrook are not similar players whatsoever and that you think they are similar...I don't know what to tell you. You are just ignoring the whole mental part of basketball by saying that. If you had a guy like Rondo, someone like Kevin Martin wouldn't have been such an afterthought last season. Your offense would have a much more balanced attack.

I can't believe you said they have the same faults but to a more extreme degree. I've never seen Rondo take 30+ shots and at times destroy the flow of an offense like Westbrook has.

Holy moly. Is this real? Rondo is not more selfish and is on a different level with his BBIQ and game management. OKC needs a guy like Rondo. Rondo and Westbrook are not similar players whatsoever and that you think they are similar...I don't know what to tell you. You are just ignoring the whole mental part of basketball by saying that. If you had a guy like Rondo, someone like Kevin Martin wouldn't have been such an afterthought last season. Your offense would have a much more balanced attack.

Puhlease. Rondo is YNB without a jumpshot.

He dominates the ball and kills the flow of the offense worse than Westbrook. Rondo is a total stats whore and kills any flow around him. You're the first person I've seen argue that he's a high level mental player. He's quite clearly not.

He dominates the ball and kills the flow of the offense worse than Westbrook. Rondo is a total stats whore and kills any flow around him. You're the first person I've seen argue that he's a high level mental player. He's quite clearly not.

Doc Rivers called him the smartest player he's ever coached/seen. Everyone who has played with Rondo has said that pretty much. The fact that you believe Rondo is not a high level mental player who knows how to manage the game with the best of them shows how much you actually know about how a NBA offense should run. Watching OKC and seeing how much Westbrook ignores other players not named Durant or Ibaka is pretty disturbing from a PG standpoint. He has no idea how to balance the offense properly which is something Rondo has excelled at. At the very least, that is Rondo's greatest ability despite all of his flaws.

I doubt I'm the first person who has argued that Rondo is a high level mental player. That's his greatest strength and all anyone talks about with him. There's a reason he has been called a top PG in the league despite not shooting the ball much. It's because of his BBIQ. If Westbrook only scored 10-12 PPG, he wouldn't be a starter in this league because he doesn't do anything else well enough. Rondo is the complete opposite of that.

By the way, random articles that try to say Rondo is selfish because he looks for assists are some of the most ridiculous things I've read. The NBA media generally a joke. For better or worse, Rondo is the kind of guy who will stick to the playbook/his plays and follow through. It looks like ball holding but that's the kind of offense Doc Rivers had in place here. It got old eventually because Rivers didn't know how to adjust with his big scorers aging. Doc's departure was good for both sides. He needed a new team/players to coach as much as the Celtics needed a change in atmosphere/playstyle.

Sanjuro

Yeah, those are two very different players right there.

UberTag

Yet another Toronto team crashes and burns in a meaningful Game 7 playoff game. Where have I seen this before, hmmm?

lil smoke

Banned
The announcers are discussing the Toronto Rap players American connections.

WTF? What do you think, they're all from Toronto? What a dipshit.

lil smoke

Banned
Do these guys play video games? Joe Johnson is like an enemy boss, he has a sensitive area, just swipe at the ball, use your hands, and he'll choke the ball up. You can almost see a little glowing arrow around his waist lol

..and all the Nets need to do is get that 4th foul on Lowry, and weaken the entire Raps core.

I don't believe that for one fucking second.

Ainge has got a lot more assets to work with than he really ever has had before. C's will be fine..and probably a lot sooner than most expect. Depends on what is available on the trade market, though, obviously.

Watching OKC and seeing how much Westbrook ignores other players not named Durant or Ibaka is pretty disturbing from a PG standpoint. He has no idea how to balance the offense properly which is something Rondo has excelled at. At the very least, that is Rondo's greatest ability despite all of his flaws.

I doubt I'm the first person who has argued that Rondo is a high level mental player. That's his greatest strength and all anyone talks about with him. There's a reason he has been called a top PG in the league despite not shooting the ball much. It's because of his BBIQ. If Westbrook only scored 10-12 PPG, he wouldn't be a starter in this league because he doesn't do anything else well enough. Rondo is the complete opposite of that.

For starters, nobody outside of Boston is calling Rondo the best PG in the league. Nobody.

Secondly, Westbrook doesn't ignore players outside of Chewbacca and Durant. THOSE are the team's scorers. Should be be dishing more to Perkins and Sefolosha? What an idiotic argument. He's the team's number two scoring option and causes lots of mismatches and headaches for his opponents. OKC is built around Durant and Westbrook dominating the ball because they're those kind of players that can get whatever shot they want.

Rondo is a career 62% shooter from the line and 25% from behind the arc. I'm glad that he's a solid passer, since he obviously can't shoot worth a damn.

Rondo's superior assist rate, by the way, equates to 1.5 more a game, so don't act like he's some passing god here. YNB gives you better shooting, slightly more rebounds, slightly less assists, and almost double the points.

To pick Rondo over Westbrook would be pure idiocy.

Sanjuro

For starters, nobody outside of Boston is calling Rondo the best PG in the league. Nobody.

Secondly, Westbrook doesn't ignore players outside of Chewbacca and Durant. THOSE are the team's scorers. Should be be dishing more to Perkins and Sefolosha? What an idiotic argument. He's the team's number two scoring option and causes lots of mismatches and headaches for his opponents. OKC is built around Durant and Westbrook dominating the ball because they're those kind of players that can get whatever shot they want.

Rondo is a career 62% shooter from the line and 25% from behind the arc. I'm glad that he's a solid passer, since he obviously can't shoot worth a damn.

Rondo's superior assist rate, by the way, equates to 1.5 more a game, so don't act like he's some passing god here. YNB gives you better shooting, slightly more rebounds, slightly less assists, and almost double the points.

To pick Rondo over Westbrook would be pure idiocy.

People outside of Boston have. In fact, you probably have a healthy amount of people who want Rondo dealt in the Hub.

Top Bottom