• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Hope another team picks up Mark. He's a great coach who really seems to get along with his players. Huge mistake on the Warriors part letting him go.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've crapped on Jackson so much that I can't say I'm surprised or sad that he's gone.

I will say the situation would have been easier to bear for fans if he had a healthy frontline and still lost. They're going to hate the management as much as they hated them for the Ellis trade.

Bottom line is, he couldn't coach a game of basketball. He got the trust of his players and could motivate them, but he couldn't coach them.

I just hope they have someone in mind who can. Off the top of my head the dream is coaxing Doc Rivers out of Clipps (lol), but maybe Stan Van Gundy, Lionel Hollins or maybe even George Karl? At any rate at least they can finally bring White Mamba back to the bench.

I commend the ownership for being open to changes.

Fjordson

Jackson had issues, but I liked what he was doing overall.

Just hope the front office knows what they're doing and actually has someone of consequence in mind. This team isn't great yet, but it's not shit either. Need someone who will get some relatively big name players in guys like Curry and Iguodala to buy in like Jackson did. Not as simple as getting some no-name to coach a young rebuilding project.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah exactly. If they didn't pick him up just based purely on Jackson and without having another in mind, this isn't the right move.

Fjordson

Crazy how much Jackson and the front office were apparently at odds with each other. I didn't see any reporting on that until like a month and a half ago.

I guess they had to let him go no matter what. I mean even if someone is a decent coach, you'll never be in sync as a franchise if management is constantly butting heads with the coach.

I don't hate the move overall if things were as contentious as some of these articles claim, just really hope we don't suddenly take a nose dive.

849158525.gif

Why is Steve Kerr such a popular coaching candidate? He's never coached an NBA franchise and he didn't exactly light the world on fire when he was the Sun's GM...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/05/06/warriors-fire-mark-jackson-so-what-happens-next-a-short-list-led-by-kerr-hoiberg-stan-van-gundy-and-thibodeau/#more-22940

Other names I’ve heard on a probable Warriors short-list:

-Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg;

-Former Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy;

-Current Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, if he is interested and if Chicago lets him out of his remaining three years;

-UConn coach Kevin Ollie;

-Clippers assistant Alvin Gentry.

I've bolded my choices...Obviously Thibs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gentry.

Missed the games but this sums up the Pacers right now:

The pacers are on a fast break both times and the Wizards are getting 4 people back to defend and it looks like no other Pacers are running the break. Da fuq? Goddamn, go home you bums. Please do not let these bums advance. WTF? Do these asshats know how to even run a fast break?

To be fair, those were good outlet passes.

Brashnir

Why is Steve Kerr such a popular coaching candidate? He's never coached an NBA franchise and he didn't exactly light the world on fire when he was the Sun's GM...

The only thing I can think of is that Phil Jackson picked him, and everyone in basketball thinks Phil is smarter than they are (because he probably is), so Kerr must be the best guy out there.

Also, RIP in Peace Mark Jackson. The fuck are the Warriors thinking

That he's not a great coach (got his players to buy into his system but sucks at substitutions and strategy)...and that he's apparently completely antagonized the front office (everyone's reporting that he has no advocates in management- that's just an odd situation).

Brashnir

Dan Steinberg from the Washington Post is blowing up my twitter feed with retweets of enraged Lady Gaga fans since her concert got moved due to the playoffs. Hilarious.

lil smoke

Banned
Crazy how much Jackson and the front office were apparently at odds with each other. I didn't see any reporting on that until like a month and a half ago.

I guess they had to let him go no matter what. I mean even if someone is a decent coach, you'll never be in sync as a franchise if management is constantly butting heads with the coach.

I don't hate the move overall if things were as contentious as some of these articles claim, just really hope we don't suddenly take a nose dive.
I wonder what happened? The only thing I heard was that he 'showed interest' in the Knicks during the mid point of the season.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif/img]

Edit: that 1st half didn't feel like a playoff game lol. But I expect shit to go down in 2nd half.

Top Bottom