• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Pimpwerx

Do you understand how absurd this sentence is at its face? That's basically my point, in what sane universe does a team with as much defensive talent as Indiana get ripped apart by the likes of Jeff Teague?

Atlanta is not a good team.
Teague has always had the ability to beat guys off the dribble. He's just been a poor finisher. However, they're able to pull Hibbert out with Antic and Millsap, so he's getting whatever he wants. The ball movement is also real, so they're a bit of a handful if they're shots are falling. They're a better team than their record suggests. PEACE.

Vorheez

Wooooaaah what? What's this about Sager? Dude has leukemia? Goddamn... That's just horrible to hear. Gonna be weird without him this year.

If OKC doesn't get the whole thing, they have problems.

If KD keeps playing the way he has and Westbrook stays healthy I can't see why not. This Thunder team is better than the 2012 team that got out of the west due to the growth and improvement of the players. If OKC management weren't such cheapskates and payed Harden what he was worth they would be the easiest lock to win the title since the 01 Lakers.

lil smoke

Banned
If KD keeps playing the way he has and Westbrook stays healthy I can't see why not. This Thunder team is better than the 2012 team that got out of the west due to the growth and improvement of the players. If OKC management weren't such cheapskates and payed Harden what he was worth they would be the easiest lock to win the title since the 01 Lakers.
I agree 100%. But minutes are minutes. I dunno.

They have to win now. If any team needs it, it is them. But they need to play a good team and get through some real shit. This won't cut it, I am really afraid for you guys.

I'm not a fan of Harden either. Ball dominant that loafs on D but OKC screwed the pooch there by not keeping that core together. There team was so good and already title contenders with their main players in their early 20s.

lil smoke

Banned
The good news for Memphis is it's basically impossible for them to play this poorly for the rest of the series.

Yeah, I mean I hate to say it, but maybe there are actually too many teams that play in the playoffs.

But you, we all know, we have seen some amazing turnarounds, shit happens in the NBA playoffs.

Oof. Cable's been out at the crib since the pre-game show and I don't have a smartphone. It just came back on and I really wish it hadn't.

I think Memphis would take most teams in the East.

I think we would struggle with the Hawks just as the Pacers did. They rocked us during the season series, iirc (Edit: I am totally wrong. We swept them but they were close.). We've gotten better at outside shooting, but usually can't run with teams who just jack up threes all day long.

Yeah, I mean I hate to say it, but maybe there are actually too many teams that play in the playoffs.

But you, we all know, we have seen some amazing turnarounds, shit happens in the NBA playoffs.

Can you imagine them expanding the playoffs? Bring the Knicks into the playoffs for extra laughs.

-

Perkins...haha.

Pimpwerx

Can you imagine them expanding the playoffs? Bring the Knicks into the playoffs for extra laughs.

I hope they don't expand the playoffs. 16 teams is good. When the league expands again, that number should remain. I think the league should do a mid season tournament that affects seeding. It would create some excitement in the regular season. PEACE.

lil smoke

Banned

No one would want to play a hot Knick team with Stat, JR, and Melo hot at peak time. If they had a coach...

edit: I don't even want to go there. lol

My cable still keeps dropping in and out; was Westbrook hurt or something in the first half? I'm not used to him reacting so calmly to mistakes. Dude looks out of it in the brief flashes of motion I'm getting over here.

My cable still keeps dropping in and out; was Westbrook hurt or something in the first half? I'm not used to him reacting so calmly to mistakes. Dude looks out of it in the brief flashes of motion I'm getting over here.

Nah, he had a great first half. He's just switched over to Why Not mode. :/

jman2050

Durant is getting absolutely harassed on every possession.

This really is going to come down to how much of YNot we get.

Top Bottom