• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

This is why we fought so hard for that 7 seed. Spurs would never let us claw back a deficit like that. Never in a million years.

I swear this anemic son of a bitch is bleeding in every Thunder game I catch.

These refs are killing me, bro. To death.

Sciz

Durant is getting absolutely harassed on every possession.

This really is going to come down to how much of YNot we get.

Wouldn't be the first time. Choking out Durant and gambling on Westbrook going wild has won us games before.

Owzers

i know ref talk is frowned about and i'm not even saying the game overall has been in the tank for OKC, but as a fan watching a game, seeing a team comeback is exciting and having it die with some questionable calls destroys that feeling.

All the ref talk is silly. OKC is driving and drawing fouls. The replays show they're legit calls.

If you don't like that style of play, that's fine. To say the refs are gifting the calls has no bearing in reality.

All the ref talk is silly. OKC is driving and drawing fouls. The replays show they're legit calls.

The issue isn't whether the fouls being called on Memphis are legit fouls*, the issue is that the fouls not being called on OKC are legit fouls.

*The Zbo 5th foul and Conley no charge call were the crucial botched calls that completely killed the momentum anyway, and those two mistakes are irrefutable.

lil smoke

Banned
This could still be a long series because Mem will have a good playoff crowd.

If you don't like that style of play, that's fine. To say the refs are gifting the calls has no bearing in reality.
You're right.

The issue isn't whether the fouls being called on Memphis are legit fouls*, the issue is that the fouls not being called on OKC are legit fouls.

*The Zbo 5th foul and Conley no charge call were the crucial botched calls that completely killed the momentum anyway, and those two mistakes are irrefutable.

OKC has been called for one more foul than Memphis. They only have two more FT attempts.

Perhaps Memphis should learn how to shoot from the charity stripe? There's your 12 point differential right there.

:Edit - Damn, I like Ibaka's game.

OKC has been called for one more foul than Memphis. They only have two more FT attempts.

Why the hell would an equal distribution of foul calls somehow make it okay? How is that even an argument? This ain't Soviet Russia where everyone getting their fair share is the goal. Some teams foul more than others, and OKC has had some very obvious ones not given.

Why the hell would an equal distribution of foul calls somehow make it okay? How is that even an argument? This ain't Soviet Russia where everyone getting their fair share is the goal. Some teams foul more than others, and OKC has had some very obvious ones not given.

So has Memphis, but I'll let you imagine the refs decided this game.

Good on Memphis for showing up in the second half. More in line with how I expect this series to play out. Their bigs are talented, but I think OKC matches up with that size better than any other team out there.

OKC in five (maybe six).

lil smoke

Banned
Unfortunately the NBA has sucky officiating, and it kinda comes down to how you play it.

Would I like a system where they just call the foul when its a foul, and F who it is, or when it happens? Of course. But it seems like no one is complaining within the league, it is what it is. Fouls are about who you are and when it happens, and the dumb old ass refs call what they think they are going to see rather than what happens.

You would need an entire overhaul and it is not going to happen, so teams will play the advantage.

Unfortunately the NBA has sucky officiating, and it kinda comes down to how you play it.

Would I like a system where they just call the foul when its a foul, and F who it is, or when it happens? Of course. But it seems like no one is complaining within the league, it is what it is. Fouls are about who you are and when it happens, and the dumb old ass refs call what they think they are going to see rather than what happens.

You would need an entire overhaul and it is not going to happen, so teams will play the advantage.
I wish they can retroactively call fouls on instant replay. Like on what happened to cp3. The damn ref staring right at the play somehow missed it. Anything that can get the calls better I'm for it.

I don't think the Okc grizz was fixed too despit my previous post. The few calls or the lack of it just went on okcs favor most of the time and at a crucial moment of the game when grizz was coming back. Just got me a bit suspicious. As an nba fan I should get used to it, but I don't think I ever will.

Currently updating the OT. fir scores and stuff

haha, just saw indianas result. pls lose this round.

giphy.gif

I like the way you think.

Fjordson

I was really looking forward to Indiana dethroning Miami this year, but that won't happen now. I just can't see it. I still say they make the conference finals, but they've really gone downhill in the last few months.

I think Miami will three peat, don't really trust the Spurs or OKC to win. Dirk was able to stall the evil empire, but we're deep in Empire Strikes Back territory now =[

Top Bottom