• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

If heat wanted they can sweep,they dont really try till the finals. sometimes ECF.

I always find that argument to be so stupid. It's an excuse the team and fans make for themselves when they drop a game. "Sure we lost to Team X, but we didn't really want to beat them anyway."

Riiight.

Pimpwerx

So...that's what getting dumptrucked in the 3rd quarter feels like? LOL. GG Brooklyn. I was sure the series wouldn't return to Miami. PEACE.

lmao keep hoping bro. It won't be a shit team to take them to 7. you will have to hope the spurs make the finals for a real challenge and pacers in the ecf.

I'm fine with the Pacers part, but OKC poses a bigger threat in the finals than the Spurs do. It's just how those teams match up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm fine with the Pacers part, but OKC poses a bigger threat in the finals than the Spurs do. It's just how those teams match up.

No. Thunder got destroyed against the Heat. Spurs played a tough 6 games last year. Plus I'd argue this year's Spurs team is slightly better while the Heat are worse. Plus Pop is legit. OKC's coach is LoL sometimes.

Actually i dont think so. Thunder rarely beat the Heat. They got destroyed and quit last time in the finals.

No. Thunder got destroyed against the Heat. Spurs played a tough 6 games last year. Plus I'd argue this year's Spurs team is slightly better while the Heat are worse. Plus Pop is legit. OKC's coach is LoL sometimes.

Thunder play small and turn the ball over. They are the matchup all HEAT fans want. PEACE.

You guys are living in 2012 or something. The Thunder are a way better team then they were back then. They split the series this year with Miami, and pose a way better match up for them than the Spurs. I can't see the Spurs even making it out of the west, but I guess we'll see.

The refs will do enough coddling for the Thunder.

Or more likely the Thunder will simply outrun and gun the Spurs, like we saw them do all season long. OKC poses a very bad match up with the Spurs due to athleticism. The Spurs move half speed by comparison.

I'd love to see that match up.

You guys are living in 2012 or something. The Thunder are a way better team then they were back then. They split the series this year with Miami, and pose a way better match up for them than the Spurs. I can't see the Spurs even making it out of the west, but I guess we'll see.

You seriously can't even, like, fathom that idea?

Pimpwerx

That Peace thing is getting real tiring. It's like that guy who signs all his posts.

No one cares, bruh. You can use the ignore list.

I welcome the Thunder, 2012 or not. They're the only team that can stop San Antonio out west. Last year's Finals was amazing basketball, but I'm fine with a boring 5 game win for Miami. PEACE.

You seriously can't even, like, fathom that idea?

Of course I can. I'm saying that I consider the Spurs the easiest match up for OKC in the West.

I welcome the Thunder, 2012 or not. They're the only team that can stop San Antonio out west. Last year's Finals was amazing basketball, but I'm fine with a boring 5 game win for Miami. PEACE.

Miami isn't beating anyone in the Finals in five games. Well, maybe the Blazers, but they aren't going to make it. I think both the Spurs and OKC beat Miami. The Clippers force at least six games, maybe seven.

You are severely overestimating Miami based on watching them beat up on the Bobcats and a thrown-together Nets team. A Nets team that just beat you by 14. Humble yourself.

Pimpwerx

Of course I can. I'm saying that I consider the Spurs the easiest match up for OKC in the West.

Miami isn't beating anyone in the Finals in five games. Well, maybe the Blazers, but they aren't going to make it. I think both the Spurs and OKC beat Miami. The Clippers force at least six games, maybe seven.

You are severely overestimating Miami based on watching them beat up on the Bobcats and a thrown-together Nets team. A Nets team that just beat you by 14. Humble yourself.
You're underestimating Miami. Brooklyn would've blown out anyone tonight. The Heat have only swept two series in 4 years. I'm not worried about random losses. I just don't think there's a particular matchup that the roster can't overcome. The Spurs played one of the best series played by a losing team in the history of the sport. It's not like Heat fans haven't been worried or scared before. But this team is kind of proven now.

With gthe Thunder, you haven't thought enough about their offensive tendencies and turnover tendencies. They play right into Miami's strengths. Like if you were to describe a worst case scenario for facing the Heat, you'd run out of ink before completing the checklist for OKC. I just don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell. But that's why I hope they win the west again. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Keep preaching fedora pimp. PEACE M'lady.
Because I share so much with fedora wearers, none of whom end their posts similarly. Does DCX wear a fedora or something?

You realize you can only shame someone with insults that are kinda true. Since you don't actually know me, you probably don't know I'm nothing like those guys. My posting styler is nothing like them either. You find peace annoying. Yet there's something wrong with me. I feel like this is becoming a great litmus test for people who lack self-awareness.

Yeah...I kill 'em softly. LOL. PEACE.

Trey

Thunder play small and turn the ball over. They are the matchup all HEAT fans want. PEACE.

Yeah, but the Thunder also have a pair of players who can pop off at any time. You basically gotta hope the MVP and Westbrook each have 2 or 3 bad games in the series.

They didn't the first time they met in the Finals.

I was talking in the grand scheme they won't have homecourt against nearly all teams left OKC, Spurs, Clippers and they likely won't have it in the ECF with Pacers likely to beat Washington.

Their path is not going to be as easy. The format has changed as well so it won't be 3 games in Miami straight either.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I was talking in the grand scheme they won't have homecourt against nearly all teams left OKC, Spurs, Clippers and they likely won't have it in the ECF with Pacers likely to beat Washington.

Their path is not going to be as easy. The format has changed as well so it won't be 3 games in Miami straight either.

Woah I forgot about that! I always thought that format hurt the home team more than the road team.

With gthe Thunder, you haven't thought enough about their offensive tendencies and turnover tendencies. They play right into Miami's strengths. Like if you were to describe a worst case scenario for facing the Heat, you'd run out of ink before completing the checklist for OKC. I just don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell. But that's why I hope they win the west again. PEACE.

You go on hoping for that match up, and I will, too.

I'm not sure the Heat make it past the Pacers.

TTG

Miami lost some 3 point shooting, but maybe, hopefully will have a healthier Wade. That was their plan all year anyway. Only way OKC has a chance is if Scott Brooks pulls his head out of his ass and plays Reggie Jackson/Butler over Thabo/Perkins a majority of the time. If he doesn't they may not make it past the Clippers... and they need to make it through because the Spurs look fucking great.

Miami lost some 3 point shooting, but maybe, hopefully will have a healthier Wade. That was their plan all year anyway. Only way OKC has a chance is if Scott Brooks pulls his head out of his ass and plays Reggie Jackson/Butler over Thabo/Perkins a majority of the time. If he doesn't they may not make it past the Clippers... and they need to make it through because the Spurs look fucking great.

This makes no sense. The three ball is how Miami won in 12. OKC has it now, Miami does not.

The Thunder can match up to any HGHeat configuration, big or small. The Heat are the oldest team in the league, even older than the Nets. They aren't nearly the team they were in past seasons.

There are lots of delusional Miami bandwagon fans in here. Your team may certainly win a championship this year, but it won't be a cakewalk.

Top Bottom