• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

This makes no sense. The three ball is how Miami won in 12. OKC has it now, Miami does not.

The Thunder can match up to any HGHeat configuration, big or small. The Heat are the oldest team in the league, even older than the Nets. They aren't nearly the team they were in past seasons.

There are lots of delusional Miami bandwagon fans in here. Your team may certainly win a championship this year, but it won't be a cakewalk.

LeBron will lock up Durant if he has to.

Battier x game 5 Miller was a huge reason Miami the series back in 2012

lol Brooks having Ibaka guarding Battier made so much open 3's it was funny, also i remember he left both KD and westbrook on the bench with a awful line up on the floor, for 5+ minutes 0_O

I have seen this brought up in other threads but its basically the same match up, Harden gone is basically ghost Harden from the finals, just Miami is older now.

if i were LeBron i would force Wade to take a huge pay cut or i leave, Bosh too or all 3 since they make $2332443232 from endorsements.

Endorsement money has never influenced any contract. And it never will.

Their job is an NBA player. That's where the most money will be made.

Sanjuro

I believe in reality.

Agents usually put in the work and show their clients some sort of breakdown on what free agents are going to make from salary, cities with varying taxes, endorsements, lifestyle, cost of living, etc etc.

To say endorsements don't mean anything is very shallow.

I believe in reality.

Agents usually put in the work and show their clients some sort of breakdown on what free agents are going to make from salary, cities with varying taxes, endorsements, lifestyle, cost of living, etc etc.

To say endorsements don't mean anything is very shallow.

It doesn't. Only the top tier have any meaningful deals outside of hoops.

There is no proof, on the internet, of any player ever saying I took less money because of xyz marketing deal.

So there is no need to believe it.

Every dollar is guaranteed in the NBA. No need to take less money unless you are clearly trying to be in a perceived winning situation.

500k from Nike to wear their sneakers isn't preventing a role player from going to a city who is offering the most money.

So, ultimately a player detailing his marketing deal is the search parameter here?

You can't show me any player ever taking less money on his NBA contract due to outside business deals.

Its because it has never happened and never will.

You've got Steve Nash admitting he won't retire to ensure he gets his 9 million. He has movie production dealings on the side.

Nobody is taking less.

Sanjuro

You moved the goal posts.

Nobody is arguing that an endorsement deal is the lone reason for a player to choose his destination.

Frisky said they should take less due to outside contracts.

Nobody does that. And they never will.

The NBA is their job. They will take the most that is offered to them. However they did take a weeee bit less to play together. Not because of their Nike and Li Ning deals. Or any other contract for that matter.

Only people taking less are those on the back end of their careers tryna to win rings or keep NBA checks coming in for as long as possible.

The whole point of being a free agent is to see your MAX value. Not to do any GM a favor for your services.

Cloudy

Banned
I generally like Bill Simmons but attributing KD and Westbrook's improved play to the MVP speech instead of weaker D in the 2nd round is hilarious

untitled-2szkc7.gif

Shun

Westbrick and his 3, cocky little shit.

It's great seeing him play well and I hope he doesn't turnover as much as usual.

OKC ain't beating the Spurs. San Antonio's going to the NBA Finals baby.

RedEther

Westbrick and his 3, cocky little shit.

It's great seeing him play well and I hope he doesn't turnover as much as usual.

OKC ain't beating the Spurs. San Antonio's going to the NBA Finals baby.

I'd rather not see the Spurs choke in the finals again. OKC plays SA tight so I'm hoping for that matchup.

I'd rather not see the Spurs choke in the finals again. OKC plays SA tight so I'm hoping for that matchup.

I rather see the spurs,close series and they have the best chance. Heat might be gassed after multiple finals appearances. okc are frauds and will get eviscerated by miami.

Cloudy

Banned
Westbrook is pretty good and adjusting from a forced shot looking for contact to a pass. He is great and awful to watch at the same time lol

Cloudy

Banned
True but this year could be different. Hopefully

No. The OKC team with Harden was better than this one and they got destroyed.

You need post scoring, 3pt shooting and low turnovers to beat Miami. Only SA can do all that. Indy is close but they turn it over way too much

Jonm1010

Banned
YNB has gotten better each game this series while CP3 has gotten worse as his teammates overall have been having worse and worse games. Shows the downside to being a true PG. You can't get your team going if they can't make their shots.

CP3 needs to dig back into his early years and take over otherwise this season is over for them.

Top Bottom