• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Pimpwerx

The 3pt shooting is the problem. Simple as that. How can you shoot that poorly at home? Second postseason with shaky perimeter shooting. PEACE.

chibiboy

Neo Member
As somebody who has officiated basketball for many, many years, it's ignorant to suggest that a call cannot make a difference in the way a game plays out. Unless you have ever been in a game situation yourself, you really have no idea how important a call can be. Refs are human and bad calls are a part of the game. But a bad call is still a bad call. The reality is one call can determine what team wins and what team goes home. Doc Rivers has every right to be upset and at the end of the day, OKC came out with a win. That's how it goes sometimes. I love this game!

Tekniqs

lol, is this true? I never knew this was the rule

Your arguing semantics. If that is indeed the rule than Jackson lost the ball out of bounds due to being hit on the hand and should retain possession. What happens after is irrelevant.

Though I am skeptical it's cut and dry like that.

cuz the rule shouldn't be open to interpretation; it needs to be clear cut.

but jackson didn't lose the ball out of bounds. this is akin to someone knocking the ball out of someone's hands (by hitting their hand) on a drive and it hits off the driving player's leg. Do you still give them the ball?

Saw this on twitter.

@netw3rk: "Steve, wanna coach the Knicks?"

"No. But, hey, Phil, maybe you can help me squeeze stupid money out of the Warriors."

"Ok."

lil smoke

Banned
As somebody who has officiated basketball for many, many years, it's ignorant to suggest that a call cannot make a difference in the way a game plays out. Unless you have ever been in a game situation yourself, you really have no idea how important a call can be. Refs are human and bad calls are a part of the game. But a bad call is still a bad call. The reality is one call can determine what team wins and what team goes home. Doc Rivers has every right to be upset and at the end of the day, OKC came out with a win. That's how it goes sometimes. I love this game!
Doc can say what he wants but its about as weak as blaming a game on missing free throws. I mean you can, but at the end of the day you got to win the ballgame. Every team deals with calls all season, so lets go back and review all the games and reset the playoff spots, no?

her.gif

I played hoops for almost two decades and have reffed at multiple levels. As multiple people have attempted to point out, the only reason that call even became a factor was a Clippers implosion. If CP3 does what any player in the league does in that situation, they're up four points and it's game over. He attempted a dreadful pre-flop and lost them the game.

The refs got the call on Jackson wrong, but no more wrong then they did by not awarding him FTs for that exact same play. It's disingenuous for Clippers fans and Doc to complain about the out of bounds call WHILE openly admitting that it was the Barnes foul that led Jackson to lose the ball out of bounds. This isn't some chicken-and-egg type of debate. A clear foul led to a turnover. The refs made the correct call in awarding that ball to OKC given the context of the play. Anything beyond that is pure salt.

knicks

Chris Bosh is such a dumb fuck.

Don't pass him the ball when he is outside the perimeter. He shoots it 100% of the time, despite being guarded.

chibiboy

Neo Member
Doc can say what he wants but its about as weak as blaming a game on missing free throws. I mean you can, but at the end of the day you got to win the ballgame. Every team deals with calls all season, so lets go back and review all the games and reset the playoff spots, no?

I agree, at the end of the day you need to win the ball game. But even a missed free throw can decide a game.

lil smoke

Banned
I agree, at the end of the day you need to win the ball game. But even a missed free throw can decide a game.

It can, but I don't think anyone can honestly use it. What are we gonna go to a discuss a missed free throw in the 1st quarter after a one point loss?

knicks

That Nets trade this past off-season is a typical New York trade.

Has KG played since the 1st quarter?
KuGsj.gif

I mean it's a joke.

chibiboy

Neo Member
I played hoops for almost two decades and have reffed at multiple levels. As multiple people have attempted to point out, the only reason that call even became a factor was a Clippers implosion. If CP3 does what any player in the league does in that situation, they're up four points and it's game over. He attempted a dreadful pre-flop and lost them the game.

The refs got the call on Jackson wrong, but no more wrong then they did by not awarding him FTs for that exact same play. It's disingenuous for Clippers fans and Doc to complain about the out of bounds call WHILE openly admitting that it was the Barnes foul that led Jackson to lose the ball out of bounds. This isn't some chicken-and-egg type of debate. A clear foul led to a turnover. The refs made the correct call in awarding that ball to OKC given the context of the play. Anything beyond that is pure salt.

Glad to read a fellow baller/official's perspective on the call. I definitely agree with what you said. I just wanted to point out that a call (good or bad) CAN contribute in the way a game plays out.

lil smoke

Banned
That Nets trade this past off-season is a typical New York trade.

Has KG played since the 1st quarter?
KuGsj.gif

I mean it's a joke.

At this point, I think it's a little hard to hate though . They match up well against the reigning champs, and that is pretty much how you should go about it.

Top Bottom